Bluespark Tuning Box

Bluespark Automotive provide plug and play performance tuning solutions for Turbocharged Petrol and Diesel vehicles. We cover most BMW models and get great results from them. We are a UK company based just south of Newcastle Upon Tyne, where you are always welcome to call in for a chat.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, eddbluespark

Dansta
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Bluespark Tuning Box

Post by Dansta » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:26 am

BlueSatan wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:55 am
Dansta wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:09 am
Morning all,

My box went back to Ed last week as the lumpiness wasn’t going away.

Drove the car without it for the first time in a while, it’s so much more responsive without it! You get used to the lag I guess but it was obviously down on power.

Got the box back yesterday and plugged in it and what a world of difference. No lumpiness at all and smiles all round. I’m pretty certain the lag feels reduced too but that may be in my head.

If you’re suffering the lumpy acceleration send it back to Ed and they’ll sort it out. Great service!
I am suffering from the exact same issues you’ve had 😫
Give Ed a call buddy. It’s so much better now.

BlueSatan
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by BlueSatan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:55 pm

They are great. The issues seems to have sorted itself out. Ran a full tank cycle on each mode. All good 👍👍
M140i SE
Eibach 25mm / 20mm Spacers 12 /15mm
Pipercross Panel Filter
MPE w/ BCS Midpipe Running A Special Sauce
@MBAN666

DannyBDJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DannyBDJ » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Finally got mine ordered, it’s arriving tomorrow. Can’t wait to get it fitted.

Out of interest does anyone have a rough idea on the power output difference between settings?
Black Pre-LCI F20 M135i

Veef13
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Veef13 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:41 pm

DannyBDJ wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 pm
Finally got mine ordered, it’s arriving tomorrow. Can’t wait to get it fitted.

Out of interest does anyone have a rough idea on the power output difference between settings?
Keen to know the difference in stages too before moving up having messaged via eBay but alas no reply. Any concrete info would be good as info I have found before was for an older version so might be incorrect?
'13 m135i - Maxton - Bluespark - Pipercross - Modded backbox - Spacers

ALEX

Post by ALEX » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:25 am

Also very interested, been googling and found something for another motor, where it stated that map D is a initial torque hit, map E is a more powerful version of C?

I have it in map D right now, thinking it would be between C and E, but maybe thats wrong?

Barney McGrew
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Barney McGrew » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:49 am

ALEX wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:25 am
Also very interested, been googling and found something for another motor, where it stated that map D is a initial torque hit, map E is a more powerful version of C?
I doubt they are as sophisticated as this. They don't monitor enough parameters to be able to do that much.

Could be wrong, but I think it's just an increasing level of boost etc added as you move up the scale. be interested to know if they do work differently though.

I took mine off to have a drivetrain fault checked at the dealer and actually prefer the way the car drives as stock, so have decided to leave mine off now, especially as the weather is starting to tail off and move into Autumn. Might put it on again next spring, will see how I feel.

ALEX

Post by ALEX » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:44 am

Barney McGrew wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:49 am
ALEX wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:25 am
I doubt they are as sophisticated as this. They don't monitor enough parameters to be able to do that much.

Could be wrong, but I think it's just an increasing level of boost etc added as you move up the scale. be interested to know if they do work differently though.

I took mine off to have a drivetrain fault checked at the dealer and actually prefer the way the car drives as stock, so have decided to leave mine off now, especially as the weather is starting to tail off and move into Autumn. Might put it on again next spring, will see how I feel.
It is great stock, but a little extra is nice at the weekend down at the local street racing meetings ;)

DannyBDJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DannyBDJ » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:29 am

Fitted my box last Friday and placed it as shown in the pic a few pages back on this thread. Just wondering what/how people have secured it too? I’ve just cable tied it to the wiring loom for the time being but I think it could probably do with being secured a bit better..
Black Pre-LCI F20 M135i

Veef13
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Veef13 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:32 am

DannyBDJ wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:29 am
Fitted my box last Friday and placed it as shown in the pic a few pages back on this thread. Just wondering what/how people have secured it too? I’ve just cable tied it to the wiring loom for the time being but I think it could probably do with being secured a bit better..
Mine is secured to the brake hard lines under the cowling, upside down so the connector is underneath, and with zip ties in a cross so its very secure. HTH
'13 m135i - Maxton - Bluespark - Pipercross - Modded backbox - Spacers

Davide82
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Davide82 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Quick question - do these boxes all run different software / maps depending on which car model you select on the website?

My friend has one on his 435d, cars going up for sale and he’s offered me the box For nothing - would this work on my 430d does anyone know?

RDowson
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by RDowson » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Davide82 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:24 pm
Quick question - do these boxes all run different software / maps depending on which car model you select on the website?

My friend has one on his 435d, cars going up for sale and he’s offered me the box For nothing - would this work on my 430d does anyone know?
Yes, but you can send it it to have the software for your car loaded on it.

Not sure if it works with all models though.

MrBink1990

Post by MrBink1990 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:15 pm

James T wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:12 pm
Here we go :)
Lol my jb+ made 435bhp 510lbs torque on a much harsher dyno 😉😘

DannyBDJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DannyBDJ » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:19 am

I’ve had mine fitted a couple of weeks now and I’ve moved up the maps to map E now & I don’t feel any difference. I’m going to unplug it and take it for a spin, the difference should be night & day
Black Pre-LCI F20 M135i

figolovechild

Post by figolovechild » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:29 pm

DannyBDJ wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:19 am
I’ve had mine fitted a couple of weeks now and I’ve moved up the maps to map E now & I don’t feel any difference. I’m going to unplug it and take it for a spin, the difference should be night & day
I’ve just fitted mine today and left it on setting C. It’s smoother to drive and pulls like a train. It’s odd because I have a manual and driving at lower speeds the car is normally quite difficult to control without it wanting to kangaroo. This is not a problem now that the box has been fitted, I’m impressed

DannyBDJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DannyBDJ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:20 am

figolovechild wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:29 pm
DannyBDJ wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:19 am
I’ve just fitted mine today and left it on setting C. It’s smoother to drive and pulls like a train. It’s odd because I have a manual and driving at lower speeds the car is normally quite difficult to control without it wanting to kangaroo. This is not a problem now that the box has been fitted, I’m impressed

I’m guessing you have a 140? Mines a 135 & I know the gains on the 135 aren’t as good but I thought it would be a lot more noticeable. I’ve still yet to unplug it & test drive it without the box connected to see if I notice the change.
Black Pre-LCI F20 M135i

Return to “Bluespark Automotive”