Saturday 14th April 2018 - Performance Driver 'Track' Day

Reach your car's potential. Fulfill your own. Get expert/insider technique from the leading authority on Vehicle Dynamics. Learn how your car works with knowledge & information you won't get anywhere else.

Moderators: CATDT, Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

CATDT

Saturday 14th April 2018 - Performance Driver 'Track' Day

Post by CATDT » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:57 am

Following the enjoyment and learning fellow members experienced last year, here is your first chance in 2018 to join a BabyBMW group training day. Feedback from last years group days can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=94167&start=90 & viewtopic.php?f=104&t=94223&start=60

Details follow.

Performance Driver ‘Track’ Day
An action-packed day run by CAT Driver Training Ltd at Millbrook Proving Ground.

CAT Driver Training is run by Colin and Jo Hoad. Colin used to work for a leading motor manufacturer in the UK as a Vehicle Evaluator and Driver Trainer and has gained extensive experience and qualifications in driver coaching & instruction. His life has been spent working with his passion: motor cars - from racing minis to the race preparation of performance cars. He has much experience of vehicles on both road, track and racing, bringing a very different approach to driver enjoyment.

Based on years of hands on engineering knowledge (Rolls Royce, Porsche, Ferrari & Morgan) & motor industry employment, our training is engineering based. This is our USP and is very different to other training offerings - no one else in the country has the knowledge - they may claim it, but the proof is in the training. We're also well versed in the Evolution marque.

You are learning from vehicle dynamics professionals who actually know what this means. Be assured you will be working with a company that is trusted by motor manufacturers to train their engineers & who understand the technical systems installed & their effect on the car, with the inputs you need to make.

Rated by our clients via Trustpilot as 5*, you can be sure that are working with professionals who are qualified to deliver the spectrum of training our website states. Now in our 14th year as a professional training company, over 4500 clients have safely developed knowledge, technique & skill through progressively proven courses.

-----------------------------

The day is a fast moving experience for up to 6 owners to start to discover the secrets of performance driving in your own car - relevant for road drivers, as well as track. It is designed to be informative, exciting and fun. The group size is purposefully kept small so that the maximum can be obtained from the day in a highly personalised environment.

Drive 5 unique circuits at the renowned Millbrook Proving Ground, a venue that is not normally accessible for 'track days' and the general public.

Activities designed for the different circuits are:
• Learn threshold braking from high speed on the Mile Straight
• High speed driving, potentially to the maximum of your car, on the banked circuit of the High Speed Circuit
• Drive the demanding Alpine Route circuit with its hills, and variety of corners from hairpins to long and sweeping
• Take on the tight, twisty and challenging Handling Circuit
• Put your car through its paces on the open spaces of the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron

Your instructor will accompany you on all the circuits, and the objective is to teach you how to get the best from your car and develop your performance driving skills in a controlled environment and at a pace you are comfortable with.

Short presentations in vehicle dynamics will help you to understand the relationship between driver input and vehicle balance and control. From this comes the appreciation of how to safely drive your vehicle at grip limit within the controlled confines of a track environment.

At the end of the day, your new found skills will be put to the test in a timed shoot out around a auto test/gymkhana-style course laid out on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron.

Included in the day are:
• Professional in car tuition
• Access to 5 unique circuits at Millbrook Proving Ground
• Lunch and refreshments during the day
• Timed end of day shoot out
• Full emergency services on hand all day
• 1 hour 40 minutes driving time with your personal instructor

Pricing is as follows:
3 participating members = £450 pp
4 participating members = £435 pp
6 participating members = £415 pp

All prices include VAT at the current rate and payment (50% deposit or full amount) must be made at the point of booking to confirm individuals places. Any balance is due 30 days prior the group event. Methods can be bank transfer or debit and credit cards.

Performance Driver 'Track' Day Schedule
08:30-09:15 Coffee, Introduction, Licence Check, Scrutineering, Safety Briefing & Objectives of the Day
09:30-09:35 Drive to Circuits
09:30-11:00 Mile Straight
11:00-11:50 High Speed Circuit
11:50-13:15 Handling Circuit
13:15-14:00 Lunch
14:00-15:00 Alpine Route
15:00-15:45 Understeer/Oversteer
15:45-16:45 Gymkhana timed Shoot Out on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron
16:55 Presentation & Debrief
Any Questions
End

Timings & Circuit order may be subject to change on the day depending on circuit activity

Note on noise limits ... to quote me "there is no limit unless you are a Le Mans Prototype or an F1 car". If anyone thinks they can compete at that level on noise, be sure to mention it when booking!

Feedback from last years group days can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=94167&start=90 & viewtopic.php?f=104&t=94223&start=60

To join this day of learning & discovery, please post up your name or PM/email Jo

Thank you for reading.
Jo

Saturday 14th April 2018
1. M2BPE - Paid in full
2. strange_days_uk - Paid in full
3. TrickyDick - Paid in full
4. IanH - Paid in full
5. TwinBoost - Paid in full
6. TwinBoost friend - Paid in full
Attachments
Steering Pad.jpg
Steering Pad.jpg (47.52 KiB) Viewed 977 times
Millbrook Proving Ground.jpg
Millbrook Proving Ground.jpg (98.1 KiB) Viewed 977 times
High Speed Circuit.jpg
High Speed Circuit.jpg (93.63 KiB) Viewed 977 times

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Saturday 14th April 2018 - Performance Driver 'Track' Day

Post by sawda » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:31 pm

This looks great

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

mouse140i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mouse140i » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:14 am

Ooooh.... I’m tempted to go and do it again!

Jo - Is there any benefit of going over this again vs moving on to the next level? Cornering if memory serves we right.

CATDT

Post by CATDT » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am

Morning :)

mouse140i - absolutely fine for you to do this day again - you could continue your development with Paul, or wait for the Cornering Masterclass - date to be set but likely in a few months time rather than next month. Decision is yours whether you want another go at the Gymkhana :spotman:

sawda - would you like to sign up? You'll be very welcome.

M2BPE - thank you for your PM - your place is confirmed and PM sent with info needed.

KR
Jo

Saturday 14th April 2018
1. M2BPE - confirmed, awaiting deposit
2. strange_days_uk - Deposit paid
3. TrickyDick - confirmed, awaiting deposit

mouse140i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mouse140i » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm

CATDT wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am
mouse140i - absolutely fine for you to do this day again - you could continue your development with Paul, or wait for the Cornering Masterclass - date to be set but likely in a few months time rather than next month. Decision is yours whether you want another go at the Gymkhana :spotman:
Thanks Jo. I think I'd prefer to move on the cornering. There are elements of the performance driver day (braking on the mile straight and high speed loop) that I don't know I'd get much more from aside refining techniques. No bad thing, mind.

Alpine, circuit cornering, under/over steer and of course the gymkhana - hopefully without some modded Mini's :lol: - are more involved with many different areas/things to work on, a bit more dynamic if you will.

However, I know that I can make the 14th... Do you have any idea when the cornering might be? I'm away for a bit during June.

Cheers

CATDT

Post by CATDT » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:16 pm

mouse140i wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm
Do you have any idea when the cornering might be? I'm away for a bit during June
I'll know better within a couple of weeks. There could be one option at end of April or mid May but I need Millbrook to confirm on one circuit availabilty. If not then we have many options in July we hopefully could put in place.

KR
Jo

CATDT

Post by CATDT » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:54 pm

Thank you M2BPE for your full payment - look forward to meeting you next month :)

KR
Jo

Saturday 14th April 2018
1. M2BPE - Paid in full
3. TrickyDick - confirmed, awaiting deposit

CATDT

Post by CATDT » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am

Day is now full - if you'd like to be put on a Reserve list please let me know.

There'll be more options to join our group days in the coming months. I will update accordingly.

KR
Jo

Saturday 14th April 2018
1. M2BPE - Paid in full
4. IanH - Paid in full
5. TwinBoost - confirmed, awaiting payment
6. TwinBoost friend - confirmed, awaiting payment

CATDT

Post by CATDT » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:25 am

Many thanks for all payments - group now finalised. Paperwork will be out to you by email this week - any questions on receipt just ask. Look forward to meeting you in a few weeks time. :)

KR
Jo

Saturday 14th April 2018
1. M2BPE - Paid in full
2. strange_days_uk - Paid in full
4. IanH - Paid in full
5. TwinBoost - Paid in full
6. TwinBoost friend - Paid in full

CATDT

Post by CATDT » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:43 am

Just wanted to thank M2BPE for joining the above group training day with us at Millbrook on Saturday. It was another dry sunny day with a great group of enthusiasts. Mix of cars: M2BPE in his lovely BMW, a couple of Porsches, an Evo & a Lotus. Pictures are here of the group.

& congratulations to Grant who won the Fastest Time of the Day - fast enough to put him on the league table for the Mile Straight Apron :spotman:

Thank you for a lovely day and hope to see you again.

KR
Jo

Return to “CAT Driver Training”