Performance Driver 'track' Day 21st May 17@Millbrook, CAT Driver Training

Reach your car's potential. Fulfill your own. Get expert/insider technique from the leading authority on Vehicle Dynamics. Learn how your car works with knowledge & information you won't get anywhere else.

Moderators: CATDT, Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

DigitalRogue
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Performance Driver 'track' Day 21st May 17@Millbrook, CAT Driver Training

Post by DigitalRogue » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm thinking of starting a new thread for the other date tbh. Thanks for your help earlier Andy

AndyKnight
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by AndyKnight » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:08 pm

So we've got one space for the 21st left. Who's taking it............?
MG M135i 5 door, Sports Auto, Adaptive Suspension, Coral Red Interior, Comfort Pack, BCS Cat Back System, JB1, Eibach Pro Kit, 3 Door Tension Struts

DigitalRogue
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DigitalRogue » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:12 pm

I have sent pm's to the guys that expressed interest just awaiting a response. If both reserves would like a place I was willing to drop to the 6th as I'm flexible with the dates. In turn potentially that would then fill both dates for best pricing.

DigitalRogue
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DigitalRogue » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Those interested in the 6th May please comment on this thread viewtopic.php?f=74&t=94223

ChrisGJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ChrisGJ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:46 pm

CATDT wrote:fyi ... gymkhana is now in your own car as the circuit Caterham left the fleet. Drift Caterham is used solely for that.

Jo
Thanks for reply. So should my usual insurance be enough or do I need some special track day insurance?

I see there's a final spot on 6th in the other thread, so may go for that if you could confirm this bit for me. Cheers.

ChrisGJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ChrisGJ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:50 pm

If there's a possibility for the 21st still (if other names haven't taken it), please could you put my name down in that spot? I can pay deposit tmw morning.

Cheers
Chris.

AndyKnight
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by AndyKnight » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:42 am

ChrisGJ wrote:If there's a possibility for the 21st still (if other names haven't taken it), please could you put my name down in that spot? I can pay deposit tmw morning.

Cheers
Chris.
Chris, PM digitalrogue and see if any of the guys on the reserve list have responded to his PM's. If not then I assume you can take a place.
MG M135i 5 door, Sports Auto, Adaptive Suspension, Coral Red Interior, Comfort Pack, BCS Cat Back System, JB1, Eibach Pro Kit, 3 Door Tension Struts

ChrisGJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ChrisGJ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 am

thanks Andy.....have done that and currently down for 6th but will move to 21st if those reserve folk don't want the last spot.

mouse140i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mouse140i » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:55 am

Just spoke with Jo to get a feel the for day as I have been looking at advanced driver training options.

Although this day fits around their Performance Driver structure it isn't as "track" focussed as you might think.

After a very good and detailed chat with Jo this is definitely the kind of experience and learning opportunity I was looking for so I've paid in full.

If you were thinking about some advance driver training or wanting to learn a bit more about yourself and/or your car then I would not be put off by the "performance" aspect in the name and give Jo a call to discuss what you're looking for as this day might be just the ticket for you.

Thanks Wes for sorting this out. Properly looking forward to this now!

1. Wes (digitalrogue) M140i providing it's delivered by then
2. Andy Knight M135i 21st May * deposit paid
3. Kent Dan M140i 21st May * paid in full
4. Stevep123 M240i 21st May * paid in full
5. Mouse140 (Nick) M140i 21st May * paid in full

ChrisGJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ChrisGJ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 am

Thanks Nick - that's good info. I've down for 6th May (or perhaps that last spot on 21st) but was just started to think "hmmm, will I be ragging my 2 month old car and risking stuffing it in the hedge?!" :)..... Jo just emailed the details and mentioned about the insurance aspect and said they haven't had an incident in 12 years....so those feel reasonable odds to me!

mouse140i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mouse140i » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:13 am

Yes, the "what if" scenarios were going round in my head. But if you think about it, the only people on the circuits/tracks on this day will be the handful of us and we're all under instruction.

We won't have the track day scenarios of someone else going in to you or causing you to make do something you didn't plan to so the risks, in my opinion, are much, much less.

I've never been on a track day before (either car or bike) and have only done experience days (corporate jollies..!) with the likes of JP Palmer or at Rockingham in someone elses car - again under supervision (apart from the single seaters). This will be a first in my own car so I wanted to be sure about it and speaking to Jo gave me the confidence to go for it.

ChrisGJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ChrisGJ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:05 am

cheers Nick. Gonna pay my deposit this morning. It looks a fantastic day.

God, this wonderful forum is costing me some money!! :)

CATDT
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by CATDT » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:10 am

Dvr80 wrote:Sorry guys, I've just cancelled my order and don't think my 330d would appreciate being ragged around milbrook so can I be taken off the list.
fyi one of our training vehicles is a 330d ... amazing car ... so you wouldn't be out of place ... and honest, there is no 'ragging' of cars ... just exploring their capabilities and developing your own :thumbs:

Jo

ChrisGJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ChrisGJ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:16 am

Hi Jo....deposit just paid to you. Wes; PM just sent. I'll take the last spot on 21st if available, but happy to go on the 6th session if the others you've PM'd do come back and want that spot on 21st.

Thanks all. Should be a cracking day!

DigitalRogue
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DigitalRogue » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:59 am

This group is now fully subscribed with all participants having paid deposits or in full.

Roll on the 21st :spotman:

Return to “CAT Driver Training”