Performance Driver 'Track' Day 6th May 17@Millbrook with CAT Driver training

Reach your car's potential. Fulfill your own. Get expert/insider technique from the leading authority on Vehicle Dynamics. Learn how your car works with knowledge & information you won't get anywhere else.

Moderators: CATDT, Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

weyland
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Performance Driver 'Track' Day 6th May 17@Millbrook with CAT Driver training

Post by weyland » Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 pm

I've just joined the forum - sadly a bit late for this. Hope you all have a great day.

If you do another one then I would be very interested.

SkyJawa
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Performance Driver 'Track' Day 6th May 17@Millbrook with CAT Driver training

Post by SkyJawa » Wed May 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Nope not forgotten, tho my info says 8:15 at the front gate, those minutes count ;)

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by YaoNg » Wed May 03, 2017 10:10 pm

SkyJawa wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 8:15 pm
Nope not forgotten, tho my info says 8:15 at the front gate, those minutes count ;)
I hear you.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Blind Pugh » Wed May 03, 2017 10:19 pm

SkyJawa wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 8:15 pm
Ditto - mine says the same - see you at front gates @ 815 or Flintwick Tescos for some TM99 just beforehand !
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

SkyJawa
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SkyJawa » Thu May 04, 2017 9:50 am

Yeah I was aiming for the Shell for 8:00 :)

Time to open the can of worms which is best - V Power or Momentum? :D (not an argument that usually matters to me as I have no Tesco's anywhere near me that do petrol!)

YaoNg
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by YaoNg » Thu May 04, 2017 10:11 am

I don't think they're going to be exact timing. The agenda says 08.30 - 09.15 for coffee and introduction and I expect even then not everyone always gets there on time. :-D

I mostly use TM99 and occasionally Shell V Power. I filled with Shell last weekend and haven't driven much this week so will probably go with TM99, but I haven't looked at the map yet to see how near they are. We might not have the option of choice.
Black M2 - DCT - black grills - MPE - and a slight wince when I get home late or start early.

olbm

Post by olbm » Thu May 04, 2017 11:13 am

I'll also be aiming to be at one of the petrol stations at around 8am.

What are you all doing with regards to insurance? Are you getting track day insurance? If so, any recommendations?

Also are there any alterations we should do before taking part? I'm thinking things like tyre pressures and brake cooling?
M140i, MG, coral, HK, pro nav, adaptive suspension and headlights, Comfort + front PDC, speed limit info, heated seats, sun protection

SkyJawa
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SkyJawa » Thu May 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Tesco is right in the middle and the shell is on the north outskirts nearest Millbrook so I was planning to head for that.

Doc's say to check your tyre pressures so I'll be doing that tomorrow otherwise not doing a thing!

I looked at insurance, but with so few places I could find covering Millbrook (and it wasn't particularly cheap) I'm not bothering.

CATDT
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by CATDT » Thu May 04, 2017 2:56 pm

YaoNg wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 10:11 am
I don't think they're going to be exact timing. The agenda says 08.30 - 09.15 for coffee and introduction and I expect even then not everyone always gets there on time. :-D
PLEASE be on time, at the gate, for 08:15 :D There's a lot that goes on during coffee and introduction.

Just check your tyres are in good condition, fluids topped up including fuel and you'll be :spotman:

Look forward to meeting you all on Saturday ... weather forecast currently suggests dry but cloudy.

KR
Jo

roncee
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by roncee » Thu May 04, 2017 6:27 pm

BTW just got word go pros and recording in general are not allowed (boo). One less thing to bring in the morning.

SkyJawa
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SkyJawa » Thu May 04, 2017 9:12 pm

Yeah noticed that on the bumph - what would you do if you had a hard wired and pro installed dash Cam?

CATDT
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by CATDT » Fri May 05, 2017 9:17 am

SkyJawa wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:12 pm
Yeah noticed that on the bumph - what would you do if you had a hard wired and pro installed dash Cam?
When you arrive at Security, seals will be placed over your mobile phone camera lenses and if any equipment as you say is in car, then they either need to be disconnected plus seals over the lenses or removed if possible. Any additional photographic/recording equipment will be held by security until you leave the facility. It's a condition of the confidential automotive testing facility you've got the opportunity to enter.

KR
Jo

SkyJawa
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SkyJawa » Fri May 05, 2017 10:01 am

CATDT wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 9:17 am
SkyJawa wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:12 pm
When you arrive at Security, seals will be placed over your mobile phone camera lenses and if any equipment as you say is in car, then they either need to be disconnected plus seals over the lenses or removed if possible. Any additional photographic/recording equipment will be held by security until you leave the facility. It's a condition of the confidential automotive testing facility you've got the opportunity to enter.

KR
Jo
Thanks Jo, yeah I think we all understand given the facility, but that all makes sense, wondered how they'd enforce hardwired stuff :) (not that I have any!)

ChrisGJ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ChrisGJ » Fri May 05, 2017 12:28 pm

have a great day folks!....looking forward to hearing all about it ready for our trip there on 21st :)

GaryWho

Post by GaryWho » Fri May 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Hope tomorrow goes really well for everybody involved.

Looking forward to hearing how it went as I am on the Sunday 21 May day.

Enjoy it.
Gary
'The Flyer': M135i LCI - Mineral Grey, Black Dakota Leather. Options Inc - Sport Auto Transmission, Adaptive M-Sport Suspension, Adaptive LED Headlights, Ext' Folding and Dimming Mirrors......

Return to “CAT Driver Training”