Clutch

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2013

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Clutch

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:29 pm

How much would a new clutch be for a 2008 BMW 120D coupe fitted with all the parts needed, thanks.
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

G90

Re: Clutch

Post by G90 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:31 am

I'd suggest getting a new flywheel as well. Some may disagree but you don't want to be spending the same on labour not many miles down the line to open it back up for a duff dual mass flywheel (one of the worst ideas car companies had, good money spinner though)
Parts prices vary wildly as per usual but anything from 400-600 for parts using ECP discount codes.
I couldn't work out if the single mass flywheel conversion comes with everything required for the 500 odd on ecp but thays always an option.

Should be around 3-4 hours labour at whatever your local indy charges. Unless you want to take out a mortgage stay away from the dealerships.

Best advice is ring around reputable garages and get a few quotes. Google for reviews on the garages in your area if you're unsure and only go off the overall rating of the place as if you read into too many reviews you'll feel theres nobody you can trust ha. 'Cant please everyone in life, some are just born to moan' :lol:
Final bit of advice, cheapest isn't always best with parts or garage quoted prices nor is most expensive. Just go with what you can afford.

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 am

G90 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:31 am
I'd suggest getting a new flywheel as well. Some may disagree but you don't want to be spending the same on labour not many miles down the line to open it back up for a duff dual mass flywheel (one of the worst ideas car companies had, good money spinner though)
Parts prices vary wildly as per usual but anything from 400-600 for parts using ECP discount codes.
I couldn't work out if the single mass flywheel conversion comes with everything required for the 500 odd on ecp but thays always an option.

Should be around 3-4 hours labour at whatever your local indy charges. Unless you want to take out a mortgage stay away from the dealerships.

Best advice is ring around reputable garages and get a few quotes. Google for reviews on the garages in your area if you're unsure and only go off the overall rating of the place as if you read into too many reviews you'll feel theres nobody you can trust ha. 'Cant please everyone in life, some are just born to moan' :lol:
Final bit of advice, cheapest isn't always best with parts or garage quoted prices nor is most expensive. Just go with what you can afford.
Cheers, I will let the mate know what sort of damage he is looking at then.
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

G90

Post by G90 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Not a problem. Cheers
Petrol at heart, Diesel in the brain... :starwars:
Current 4 banger oil burner : F20 120d Estoril Blue II
Previous 4 wheelers: E87 120d, Skoda Fabia Vrs (6y), Honda Civic Type R(ep3)and last but not least Vauxhall Corsa in that famous fade to pink red.

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2013)”