SOLVED!! [2009 128i VERT e88] OEM key fob & new programmed (turns car on) fob not locking, unlocking, or opening trunk

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2013

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Producethis, marco_polo, Lambster, Rich196

lvfb
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: [2009 128i convertible] OEM key fob and new programmed (turns car on) fob not locking, unlocking, or opening trunk

Post by lvfb »

TURNED OUT THAT MR BEAN WAS RIGHT! i swapped my mirror from my other bmw (same exact model and everything) and plugged it in and it worked right away. TRY THE MIRROR FIRST IF YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE!!!
lvfb
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: [2009 128i convertible] OEM key fob and new programmed (turns car on) fob not locking, unlocking, or opening trunk

Post by lvfb »

so heres an update. car will lock an unlock fine now after changing the mirror but i still can not get the trunk to open with either the button on the fob or the button in the car... any ideas?
Jack79
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Jack79 »

Did you check coding in CAS? First check if opening by key and button is coded properly.
lvfb
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by lvfb »

Jack79 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:21 pm Did you check coding in CAS? First check if opening by key and button is coded properly.
So im using the OEM key that came with the car and lock / unlock work fine. the trunk button makes a sound and wakes up the car when i push it but does not release the trunk. any ideas?
ptpending
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ptpending »

this option is codable and can be disabled for us market for example
e81 130i lhd europe hpas 2007
lvfb
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by lvfb »

ptpending wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:18 pm this option is codable and can be disabled for us market for example
i could see that but im leaning more towards an actuator or something like that as it makes the sound like it wants to but cant.
ptpending
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ptpending »

but can you open it by hand
it press open button on door and open ?
lvfb
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by lvfb »

the button under the steering wheel near the obd plug does not do anything and the button on the trunk does nothing but the key hole opens it up and the button on the keyfob does not do anything either
ptpending
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ptpending »

so its either wiring issue or water come to lock
simplest option is to check lock status in NFRM using INPA and check voltage on lock connector
and then either replace lock or repair wiring
lvfb
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by lvfb »

how do i check the NFRM in INPA?
ptpending
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ptpending »

in INPA it is footwell module 2
lvfb
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by lvfb »

Ok so i some how fixed it 100 percent. so:

originally i had no key fob responses when pushing buttons but it WOULD turn on car

i changed out the rear view mirror i had in my other e88 (parts car) and i had lock and unlock

i changed out clock spring, srs module, roll over module, fuel pump module, seat belt buckle, and the end piece of the battery safety terminal (black and yellow twisted wire that connects into the main positive red plastic)

ran ISTA+ and cleared codes and ran tests/ calculate plans and one of the calc plans was to calibrate the clock spring by starting at 0 and then going side to side and then telling ista+ that everything was good.

after all that sh*t i some how now have all green boxes for my modules on ista, the trunk button under the steering wheel working, AND trunk from keyfob working perfectly.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM, 1ADDICTS, BIMMERFEST, BIMMERFORUM, BIMMERPOST AND THE MISC "AUTO REPAIR" WEBSITES THAT HAD BMW SUB PAGES!!!

This POS car is almost ready for Turo :)

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2013)”