Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2013

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

User avatar
Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7864
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am
Location: Here, There, Everywhere.

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by Sonic1506 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:18 pm

A1SHx wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:07 pm
Haha its funny you say that I'm actually considering a nardo grey wrap :lol:

Does a warranty come with BMW bodyshop? let's say for example they fix the damage that they've done and it starts to bubble would they cover that?
Yes, they would and be clear that you want warranty details in writing.

User avatar
A1SHx
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by A1SHx » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:19 pm

ahhh yes good point! I will do thanks man
BMW 1 Series Coupe 123D M Sport - stage 1 & lots of mods | Follow my mod journey on insta E82_Aish

BMW 1 Series Hatch 120D - 137,000 miles - RIP :|

User avatar
Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7864
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am
Location: Here, There, Everywhere.

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by Sonic1506 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:32 pm

A1SHx wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:19 pm
ahhh yes good point! I will do thanks man
IIRC it's either 10 or 15 years. Can't remember which.

User avatar
HN1989x
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 603
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 3:24 pm
Location: North London

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by HN1989x » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:35 pm

A1SHx wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:07 pm
Haha its funny you say that I'm actually considering a nardo grey wrap :lol:

Does a warranty come with BMW bodyshop? let's say for example they fix the damage that they've done and it starts to bubble would they cover that?
I thought all BMW bodywork repairs comes with a lifetime warranty? I know Stephen James do. My car was repaired there recently and they give you a certificate for the works.

User avatar
A1SHx
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by A1SHx » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:58 am

So the body shop finally rang me today to confirm the booking to fix the damage however they mentioned they are not actually bmw but a third party company that bmw dealerships use for dents / accident repair

Is this true or am I getting fobbed off to a third party company?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BMW 1 Series Coupe 123D M Sport - stage 1 & lots of mods | Follow my mod journey on insta E82_Aish

BMW 1 Series Hatch 120D - 137,000 miles - RIP :|

Joe77
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:25 am

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by Joe77 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:50 pm

When ive been looking at M135s.

The garage im looking at is a dicklovett garage and they have a bodyshop they use too.

So might be legit mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


User avatar
sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 6338
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: The Boro

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by sootyvrs » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:00 pm

A1SHx wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:58 am
So the body shop finally rang me today to confirm the booking to fix the damage however they mentioned they are not actually bmw but a third party company that bmw dealerships use for dents / accident repair

Is this true or am I getting fobbed off to a third party company? Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cooper Teesside have their own body shop which is round the corner from the dealer as I've used them before for when I was rear ended in my previous M135 so not sure why they are using another company?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Coo ... -1.3282439
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

User avatar
A1SHx
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by A1SHx » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:53 pm

The service advisor who initially took me out to show me the damage is now stating there’s no damage I’m honestly sick to death of bmw Teesside!

Manager doesn’t seem to be doing anything either


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BMW 1 Series Coupe 123D M Sport - stage 1 & lots of mods | Follow my mod journey on insta E82_Aish

BMW 1 Series Hatch 120D - 137,000 miles - RIP :|

m140ian
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by m140ian » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:12 am

HN1989x wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:35 pm
A1SHx wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:07 pm
Haha its funny you say that I'm actually considering a nardo grey wrap :lol:

Does a warranty come with BMW bodyshop? let's say for example they fix the damage that they've done and it starts to bubble would they cover that?
I thought all BMW bodywork repairs comes with a lifetime warranty? I know Stephen James do. My car was repaired there recently and they give you a certificate for the works.
Im not sure if its all dealers but my repair i had done at Vines has a life time guarantee but you have to go back annually for a checkup on the repair (bit annoying but a free coffee on the way to work)

User avatar
Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7864
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am
Location: Here, There, Everywhere.

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:18 am

A1SHx wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:58 am
So the body shop finally rang me today to confirm the booking to fix the damage however they mentioned they are not actually bmw but a third party company that bmw dealerships use for dents / accident repair

Is this true or am I getting fobbed off to a third party company? Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not all BMW's have their own bodyshop OR are too busy to do the work in-house, so will outsource to an approved BMW bodyshop.

User avatar
A1SHx
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by A1SHx » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:41 am

they are now saying it is their own body shop but its just offsite despite them telling me verbally its a different third party company

Posted my experience on other forums and bmw damaging cars whilst washing them is huge! never realised it was this bad

Cars booked in for Monday, I have no hope I have a feeling it will probably be even more damaged than what it was :lol:

Just bought some new alloys too but I ain't putting them on as known bmw they'll manage to f those up too :roll:
BMW 1 Series Coupe 123D M Sport - stage 1 & lots of mods | Follow my mod journey on insta E82_Aish

BMW 1 Series Hatch 120D - 137,000 miles - RIP :|

User avatar
Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7864
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am
Location: Here, There, Everywhere.

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 am

A1SHx wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:41 am
they are now saying it is their own body shop but its just offsite despite them telling me verbally its a different third party company

Posted my experience on other forums and bmw damaging cars whilst washing them is huge! never realised it was this bad

Cars booked in for Monday, I have no hope I have a feeling it will probably be even more damaged than what it was :lol:

Just bought some new alloys too but I ain't putting them on as known bmw they'll manage to f those up too :roll:
Lesson learned for next time, don't let dealers wash your cars.

User avatar
A1SHx
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by A1SHx » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Hey everyone,

Need some advice. Car was in for repair on Monday and they've fixed the dent and the scratch caused by the jet wash nozzle flying into my car however BMW have gone around the whole of my car with a touch up pen filling in stone chips and the other damage caused by them.

Despite me NOT asking them to do anything else apart from fixing the damage they've caused. It looks as if a child has gone around my car with silver nail polish filling in holes. It looks blotchy, bumpy and disgusting!

Where do I stand? It's come to a point no where I do not want to deal with BMW Teesside anymore as they simply cannot get anything right and I'm gonna end up screaming at someones face

I'm looking to put a formal complaint in explaining EVERYTHING that has happened, speak to citizens advise

What do you guys recommend?
BMW 1 Series Coupe 123D M Sport - stage 1 & lots of mods | Follow my mod journey on insta E82_Aish

BMW 1 Series Hatch 120D - 137,000 miles - RIP :|

barneyrubble
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 3147
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Re: Do not get the dealer to wash your car!!! They damaged it (BMW Cooper Teesside)

Post by barneyrubble » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:55 pm

I'd go in and talk to whoever i was dealing with, take them round the car and say "would you accept this"? and see what they responded with.

Silly question, but have you got any proof it was them that did the touch up. By that I mean something that proves it was them instead of you doing it, as they could turn around and say "it wasn't us". What would you say if that occurred?
If it's got breasts or wheels - it's going to give you trouble

Black Sapphire Metallic M2 LCI

Post Reply

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2013)”