E87 bmw professional radio problem

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2013

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

118dportsmouth

E87 bmw professional radio problem

Post by 118dportsmouth » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Firstly my radio died it's an alpine cd73 with usb aux and Bluetooth module in boot although never had this work as can't seem to pair phone but went out in morning radio worked fine go home turn off car.

Go back out in evening and radio won't work I Checked via ista and no communication at all so borrow a spare professional of my cousin works fine so assume something somewhere has blown up.
I can't seem to find any schematics on the radio to test and see if I can fix myself does anyone have this there is no power no display but ejects and takes a disc fine so not completely dead.

Secondly I have now got my cousins installed temp while I source another replacement with optical output but have no usb option also the one off my cousin has Bluetooth built into the unit is it possible to code the usb function or will this not work as it doesn't have the optical output.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or is there anyone here on forums that can fix radio.

bjt
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: E87 bmw professional radio problem

Post by bjt » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Yep you need one with optical out (MOST) to connect to your USB/BT/aux module in the boot.

The newest radios have everything built in but require different wiring so the easiest option for you will likely be getting an identical replacement on eBay.
E87 130i M Sport, now with added doors!
E81 130i M Sport aka the Pocket Rocket - Fell victim to the Monday morning commute

118dportsmouth

Post by 118dportsmouth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Had someone take a look at my radio says the microprocessor has blown and needs to go to bmw so my choice now is gonna be.
Get a can bus cable to link the most gw back together and get a radio with bt,usb and dab on it and put that in don't wanna lose anything with most gw as know when using ista if I need to program anything that it will constantly ask to replace the radio.

118dportsmouth

Post by 118dportsmouth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Had someone take a look at my radio says the microprocessor has blown and needs to go to bmw so my choice now is gonna be.
Get a can bus cable to link the most gw back together and get a radio with bt,usb and dab on it and put that in don't wanna lose anything with most gw as know when using ista if I need to program anything that it will constantly ask to replace the radio.

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2013)”