sitruc’s E82

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2013

Moderators: Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo

sitruc_nuahs
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

sitruc’s E82

Post by sitruc_nuahs »

Evening all,

Started a thread for my latest venture. The Le Mans blue E87 130i went on Thursday. Had a few personal things going on over the past couple of years which I’m blaming for the constant buying and selling.

Original plan was to sell the 130 and get myself a sensible 3 series diesel, then a dream (for me) 1er came up and I couldn’t let it slip away.

Today I made the 500 mile round trip to Durham to pick up a 2008 E82 125i manual. It’s good spec as well and incredible condition for an incredible price!

137k with full history
M Sport (obviously)
Metallic black
Manual
Black heated leather
Xenons
Privacy glass
Pro HU

I spied Twenny’s stealth and it gave me all the inspiration I needed!

First impressions...

- Feels just as quick as the 130i even though it’s down 50hp.

- Absolutely love the boxy coupe look

- Speakers are incredible

- Think it might need a starter motor soon

Will post pics once I’ve cleaned it and will record everything I do to it on this thread for once!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by sitruc_nuahs on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
E82 125i viewtopic.php?f=11&t=132851
IG: sitruc_nuahs
Gone: E87 130i, E81 130i LE, E87 LCI 130i, E87 123d
pem10
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: sitruc’s stealth E82

Post by pem10 »

Congratulations and sounds like a great purchase.

Funny you should mention the speed aspect as I was recently a passenger in a 125i and it too didn't feel much slower than my 130. Could it of already been remapped?

Looking foward to the pictures and the progress although you're setting the bar high using Twennys old car :lol:
bstardchild
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by bstardchild »

sitruc_nuahs wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:31 pmToday I made the 500 mile round trip to Durham to pick up a 2008 E82 125i manual. It’s good spec as well and incredible condition for an incredible price!

137k with full history
M Sport (obviously)
Metallic black
Manual
Black heated leather
Xenons
Privacy glass
Pro HU
That is a bloody good spec for a 125i
CoupeSilver
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by CoupeSilver »

pem10 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:48 pm Congratulations and sounds like a great purchase.

Funny you should mention the speed aspect as I was recently a passenger in a 125i and it too didn't feel much slower than my 130. Could it of already been remapped?

Looking foward to the pictures and the progress although you're setting the bar high using Twennys old car :lol:
That's because it ISNT much slower than the 130i. 0-60 is only 0.3 seconds slower in the 125i, which is basically nothing, (anyone that believes they can tell the difference of 0.3sec by seat of the pants is deluding themselves, especially when not doing a straight back to back comparison). The 130i has notably longer gearing in the first three gears than the 125i, hence the similar performance in the first 3 gears, it's only going to be once you get in to 4th or higher that the 130i's extra power is really going to show.

A 125i with 130i power is going to significantly quicker than a 130i in the first 3 gears, (both top and end midrange punch).
Titanium Silver E82 125i M-Sport Coupe (2011)
pem10
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by pem10 »

CoupeSilver wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:32 pm
pem10 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:48 pm Congratulations and sounds like a great purchase.

That's because it ISNT much slower than the 130i. 0-60 is only 0.3 seconds slower in the 125i, which is basically nothing, (anyone that believes they can tell the difference of 0.3sec by seat of the pants is deluding themselves, especially when not doing a straight back to back comparison). The 130i has notably longer gearing in the first three gears than the 125i, hence the similar performance in the first 3 gears, it's only going to be once you get in to 4th or higher that the 130i's extra power is really going to show.

A 125i with 130i power is going to significantly quicker than a 130i in the first 3 gears, (both top and end midrange punch).
Agree re the .3 to 60 l was merely agreeing they felt similar in acceleration. Certainly didn't feel like 50bhp worth.
I thought the 125i had longer gearing.
CoupeSilver
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by CoupeSilver »

pem10 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:46 pm
Agree re the .3 to 60 l was merely agreeing they felt similar in acceleration. Certainly didn't feel like 50bhp worth.
I thought the 125i had longer gearing.
Well i'm only going by what i've read on this (and maybe other forums), but think about it logically how else could a car that weighs basically the same acheive essentially the same acceleration with a less powerful engine. Only way that's possible is if the gearing is meaning that essentially the lower power engine is putting more or less the same torque down to the ground. Which would require lower gearing than for the more powerful engine.
Titanium Silver E82 125i M-Sport Coupe (2011)
jonwilli
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jonwilli »

Be interesting to know the difference. RealOEM shows the 125i has a 3.23 diff compared to the 3.46 in the 130i (less acceleration in 125i) but the gearbox part numbers are different so ratios there could be very different. Could the 0 to 60 minor difference be to do with number of gear changes before 62? I am sure in the 130i you need to change into third very close to 60mph in standard form, maybe the longer gearing in the 125i means you have one less upshift which distorts the metric?
sitruc_nuahs
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by sitruc_nuahs »

95% sure it hasn't been mapped, which would make a remap very exciting indeed!

So I have plans for it, hopefully will see these through as it's a great base specification.

Retrofits
- Power fold mirrors (code key fob to fold on lock)
- Cruise control
- Darkline rear lights (if I can find some)

'Performance'
- Remap
- SSK
- Re-bush the rear subframe + inserts
- ARBs
- Camber pin mod
- CDV delete
- Intake boot
- Bilstein B4 + Eibach Pros (eventually)
- Fxx front Brembos
- LSD (long way off)

Visual
Will be going all black on this, maybe add a little boot spoiler but nothing too drastic.

Phase 1
- Cruise control retrofit
- Power fold mirrors
- CDV delete
- Camber pin mod
- Intake boot
- Dechrome

I am hoping to get as much of 'Phase 1' done before the end of the year, any guidance on the retrofits would be greatly appreciated. I have heated seats if that's any help with the wiring!
Nyxeris
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Nyxeris »

Interested to follow this and see how long it lasts lol!

I think precise gear ratios etc. used to be available on TIS, will boot up ISTA when I get home and have a look.

Re the wiring it’s power/memory seats that make the difference, heated doesn’t affect anything so it’s just a case of repinning the loom. I’ve done literally everything in your phase 1 list using guides on here and it’s all fairly easy 👍

Would recommend the Hel braided clutch line for the CDV - just plugs in where the old one was and has a bit more length, easier than removing the old CDV and knocking the guts out!
E81 130i | Build Thread
───────────────────────────
Click here for BabyBMW stickers!
Stavros16

Post by Stavros16 »

Nyxeris wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:58 am Interested to follow this and see how long it lasts lol!

I think precise gear ratios etc. used to be available on TIS, will boot up ISTA when I get home and have a look.

Re the wiring it’s power/memory seats that make the difference, heated doesn’t affect anything so it’s just a case of repinning the loom. I’ve done literally everything in your phase 1 list using guides on here and it’s all fairly easy 👍

Would recommend the Hel braided clutch line for the CDV - just plugs in where the old one was and has a bit more length, easier than removing the old CDV and knocking the guts out!
Also looking forward to following this thread!

He is some man for chopping and changing cars haha! :D

I picked up a set of MV1's for my 123d after seeing them on his 130i and another 1er with them fitted, just need to get them refurbed :)

I plan to do a few similar things to what sitruc has listed, but in terms of the CDV, are you saying to leave this in and replace the original clutch line with the HEL braided line?

Apologies for the lack of knowledge on this one, I am just learning from threads and other people on the forum.

Thanks
130i LE
E87 123d
E46 330cd
Nyxeris

Post by Nyxeris »

Stavros16 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:57 pm I plan to do a few similar things to what sitruc has listed, but in terms of the CDV, are you saying to leave this in and replace the original clutch line with the HEL braided line?
The Hel part (CCK088) replaces both the old flexi clutch line and the CDV with a single, longer braided line. Disconnect the old flexi from the hardline, connect the Hel line to the hardline, let the fluid run through, then disconnect the CDV from the slave cylinder and plug the Hel line in where it was. Old flexi and the CDV remain connected to each other for ease of binning :D
E81 130i | Build Thread
───────────────────────────
Click here for BabyBMW stickers!
sitruc_nuahs
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by sitruc_nuahs »

Little update, I’ve done pretty much nothing to it yet!

Managed to source an airbox lid so I’ve experimented with a couple of holes for a bit more induction sound (I’ve become 17 again apparently).

Given her a clean and just enjoyed driving. The LCI cars really are a nice place to be with heated leather!

Also, plans are changing slightly. I may drop to 17s and fit some 235/45 square rubber. Our roads are terrible and it’ll have a bit more neutral handling!

Drunkmunky
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Drunkmunky »

sitruc_nuahs wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:44 pm

Managed to source an airbox lid so I’ve experimented with a couple of holes for a bit more induction sound (I’ve become 17 again apparently).

I've been after one for the same reason for ages, where did you find it please pal? And do you know if they got another one? 😁
chall5

Post by chall5 »

Nice, I like the chrome on black
E82 135i DCT N55
E82 123d
E36 320i
E30 318i
bstardchild
Knowledgeable Member