Baby BMW Forum banner

Colour rarity

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Cupcaik 
#1 ·
Hey guys, was wondering how are certain colours were with different specs of cars. Is there any way to find this info or is it just guessing?

I've got a 135i in Bluewater metallic. Only reason I'm asking is because I've never seen another e82 on the road in this colour or even for sale.

#2 ·
Thats a good question, i was wondering this too. I also have a Bluewater Metallic E82. Its an 125i SE and ive only ever seen one other of our cars on the road (SE guise identical to mine weirdly) Do you have any photos ? Would be interesting to see a 135i in that colour.

It does seem to be a rare colour from what ive been told but not so much for the 3 series. I only ever see grey, white or black E82s (mainly cabriolets). I test drove a very nice Sedona Red before i bought mine and that is also rare!

#6 ·
conciselouis said:
I've got an e87 sonora metallic. Only seen one other on the road before. AFAIK there wasn't a single one produced in the MSport variant.

It's also an e46 colour which I've seen one of before.
I like that! And have not seen that before…is it sort of a champagne colour?

Here is my Bluewater metallic.

#10 ·
When I was looking for a 130i, this one came out so I went to see it, the first thing that caught my attention was the color, it has been the only BMW that i have seen in this color, Havanna Metallic A17. Maybe not as special as others but definitely not that common, at least here in Colombia. The interior also was brown lol

#12 ·
Cupcaik said:
Glad to know other cars exist in that colour haha. I think I can also safely say I've never seen another BMW in sorona metallic.

Don't have many pictures of my 135i but this is from when I purchased it. The m badge is gone now lol.
Was that the car Jason Barker had for sale... ?
I looked at that many times and was even tempted to call him and offer my 130i as a trade, very nice inded, congrats.!
(well done for removing the ///M badge!)

#13 ·
MED said:
Cupcaik said:
Glad to know other cars exist in that colour haha. I think I can also safely say I've never seen another BMW in sorona metallic.

Don't have many pictures of my 135i but this is from when I purchased it. The m badge is gone now lol.
Was that the car Jason Barker had for sale... ?
I looked at that many times and was even tempted to call him and offer my 130i as a trade, very nice inded, congrats.!
(well done for removing the ///M badge!)
Yeah that's the one! Traded my 123d for it, it's in amazing condition I have no complaints. I was looking for one and then saw the colour of it and knew I had to at least look at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.