Another Nexus 7 Install

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2013

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

SmurfN

Re: Another Nexus 7 Install

Post by SmurfN » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:40 pm

Anyone got a solution for automatic turn on wifi tethering? can't seem to get it to work. my phone can't connect to the tablet via bluetooth to use as trigger for "automate" to start wifi tether. Phone pairs no problem and it works via "tablet talk" app and syncs there, no problem. but in the bluetooth menu when i press on the tablet it says connected for a split second then seems disconnected again. "Automate" does not register it as connected to the tablet via bt either. Also the functions for turn on tether in these automation apps seems to be broken in newer android versions?

Nexus 7 wifi MOB30X rooted with timurs kernel
nexus 6p stock, latest update (Oreo)

Tux
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tux » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Chesticals wrote:Hey guys so ive got mine installed but i cut the front a little short so it looks funny in there. How on earth do i get it back out now that its all clipped in??
I never managed to do this without breaking a clip. If you found a way it would be great to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- New, used and abused

obee72

Post by obee72 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:31 pm

Thread resurrection!!

My 130i purchased last week came with a Nexus 7 mounted in an OEM housing on the dash, like the ones in this thread. It’s been reset from the previous owner so I’ll need to go through the install process again. Does anyone have the original picture used for the template? The link doesn’t work anymore and it’s needed to start the config and I can’t find one anywhere unfortunately.
2007/57 E81 130i in Black Sapphire with Full Heated Leather, Remap to 285BHP, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Eibach Springs, K&N Panel Filter, Anthracite Rims, Black Kidney Grills, Colour Coded Eyelids, Nexus7 in-dash Tablet, Bluetooth.

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2013)”