130i hunters unite!

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2013

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Poormans
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by Poormans » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Fritz is in Munich I believe 8)
shooting brake

Fritz
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

130i hunters unite!

Post by Fritz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:42 pm

Poormans wrote:Fritz is in Munich I believe 8)

Poorman is indeed correct, im based in Munich and will potentially be here for a while due to work, which has me pondering about a lhd 130. I have my uk 130 over here and it's not that bad being on the 'wrong' side of the car to be honest, you do get used to it and then compensate. However, if I'm to be here for a long time I will be looking at getting a lhd replacement (please do drop me a message Poorman if you are thinking of parting with your 130)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faziiiii

Post by Faziiiii » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:32 am

Hello!!!!

I'm after a 130i too guys! Anybody know of any coming up for sale?

Must be 5 door, and have leathers along with a full service history.

Thanks in advance!
Faziiiii
F20 M135i LCI | AW | Auto | MPE | 5 Door | Heated Seats | Front & Rear Sensors | Coral Leather | Adaptive Suspension | Adaptive LED's | Folding Mirrors | Pro Nav |

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Faziiiii wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:32 am
Hello!!!!

I'm after a 130i too guys! Anybody know of any coming up for sale?

Must be 5 door, and have leathers along with a full service history.

Thanks in advance!
Faziiiii
Faziiii get posting on this forum - when you hit 20 posts you'll be able to view the Classifieds - always some nice member owned 130i's for sale in there
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

Faziiiii

Post by Faziiiii » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:19 pm

Thanks bud!

Theres one in the forums which is being sold by Arkeye.

Anybody know if its still available?

Thanks,
Faziiiii
F20 M135i LCI | AW | Auto | MPE | 5 Door | Heated Seats | Front & Rear Sensors | Coral Leather | Adaptive Suspension | Adaptive LED's | Folding Mirrors | Pro Nav |

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Faziiiii wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:19 pm
Thanks bud!

Theres one in the forums which is being sold by Arkeye.

Anybody know if its still available?

Thanks,
Faziiiii
He has advertised it for sale on here and his ad doesn's say 'sold' yet

Get posting throughout this forum - as I've said when you've got 20 posts you can have a chat with him - good luck

456lbft

Post by 456lbft » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:19 pm

Highly modded Blue 130i from Telford for sale again this time on ebay, "sold as seen". Many desirable extras eg Birds full kit, big BMWP brakes, intake and exhaust. Same seller now moved from Lichfield? Perhaps too many mods for sensible insurance cover...

456lbft

Post by 456lbft » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Arkeye was swapping private number plates which he has now done so ready to view.

Coxy2807

Post by Coxy2807 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 pm

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Another new member here on the hunt for a 130i, rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just stick my oar in here.

Spec wise I'm not too fussy, as long as the car has been looked after that is the main thing. Some people seem to prefer face lift and some people seem to prefer PFL, can't seem to make my mind up on that one. BMWP Exhaust is a must but I'm more than happy to buy one without and fit it myself, it seems to be quite a rare item though as a quick Google returns no results, can anyone comment on that for me?

I've also not had the privilege of being in one yet as there are so few around but I've read such good stuff that I'm fairly certain it's the next car for me.

So if anyone is considering selling their P&J and lives remotely near the south coast then please let me know.

I've also just seen the post above about posting 20 times to access the classifieds, I don't particularly want to spam 20 posts on here. Is there anything floating around in the classifieds right now?

Toed64
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Toed64 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:27 pm

Coxy2807 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 pm
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Another new member here on the hunt for a 130i, rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just stick my oar in here.

Spec wise I'm not too fussy, as long as the car has been looked after that is the main thing. Some people seem to prefer face lift and some people seem to prefer PFL, can't seem to make my mind up on that one. BMWP Exhaust is a must but I'm more than happy to buy one without and fit it myself, it seems to be quite a rare item though as a quick Google returns no results, can anyone comment on that for me?

I've also not had the privilege of being in one yet as there are so few around but I've read such good stuff that I'm fairly certain it's the next car for me.

So if anyone is considering selling their P&J and lives remotely near the south coast then please let me know.

I've also just seen the post above about posting 20 times to access the classifieds, I don't particularly want to spam 20 posts on here. Is there anything floating around in the classifieds right now?
Hello and welcome

I bought a 130i for my wife recently and I've been driving a 135i coupe for 5 years now. Long story short, wifey has decided that she wants to continue to use the ugly Panda! it does 55mpg and neither of us cars about it, so it stinks of horses and it really doesn't matter. It is a reliable runabout and tyres are only £30 each time they get wrecked by hoof nails...so I understand!

After using the 130i for a few days, I have surprised myself by deciding that I want to keep it and sell my lovely 135i! I like the fact that it's a hatchback, still quick, not ballistic like the 135i, but responsive and rewarding.

So, I shall provoke you into posting a bit!

What do you drive now? What's your budget? Are you looking for an automatic, or a manual?
2008 E81 130i
2010 E82 135i - now sold

Coxy2807

Post by Coxy2807 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Thanks for the reply and insight. Interestingly, I've read a few posts dotted around the internet about this and it seems that preference of a 130i over a 135i is not uncommon. I guess maybe it's down to the 135i suffering to the all too common problem of modern machinery being too capable? The 260 odd BHP of the 130 should be more than enough for our roads in my opinion.

I currently own a Honda Integra Type R (DC5) and an NA MX5, an S Limited Eunos Roadster for any other MX5 people reading this. The DC5 will be making way for the 130i, I love it and it is a joy to grab by the scruff of the neck and it's also a special car, particularly to someone like me as I'm a bit of a Honda fan boy (probably frowned upon on here but it's the truth!). However, It's a little raw and rough riding, this hasn't bothered me before but recently I've started doing more miles and I'd like something slightly more comfortable. Not only that but I want a large capacity six cylinder engine while petrol is still available at reasonable price, and also something that is RWD but also has enough power to pull the skin off a rice pudding (unlike the MX5).

My budget will be up to around the 8k mark and I am most certainly looking for a manual. I would also prefer it to be <80k miles.

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Coxy2807 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 pm

There are generally always a couple forum owned 130i's for sale in the Classifieds - yeah sure we could tell you about them but then how you going to get in touch with the seller?

The 20 posts rule is there for a reason - I'm sure admin will be only too happy to tell you about that

20 posts isn't spam - there's more than enough interesting sections in this forum where you can get stuck in

If you needs some ideas try this ......

Members Cars section - have a look at Tyrant thread for starters what he doesn't know about the 130i probably isn't worth knowing - and then there's plenty of others in there more than happy to chat about their 130i

Aftermarket Mods - you've already mentioned about an exhaust - get reading + asking questions about it

And then if you're all washed out with car talk try the General Chat (off topic) - at the moment they're discussing the best place to sell a watch :lol:

Coxy2807

Post by Coxy2807 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks, It would seem that I can access the classifieds already? Perhaps my previous waffling post counted as 19 posts? Who knows, looks like a choice of only one 130i on the classifieds at the moment though.

I will be sure to add anything worthwhile to the other sections during my perusal.

THETYRANT
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by THETYRANT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:58 pm

This was still for sale when i enquired just before buying mine http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=99948

It has a few miles on it but not excessive and its no problem for these cars to do a lot more, also most of usually bits that wear like waterpump, suspension, brakes etc have all been replaced fairly recently, i hope someone off here buys it then sells me the LSD :D
--
Now on my 3rd 130i, this time a nice E81 in Graphite, Previously 2 x 130i and 2 x 135i

Camber plate project - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=96465

Suspension Quest thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=80208

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by paddyboy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Coxy2807 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:23 pm
Thanks, It would seem that I can access the classifieds already? Perhaps my previous waffling post counted as 19 posts? Who knows, looks like a choice of only one 130i on the classifieds at the moment though.

I will be sure to add anything worthwhile to the other sections during my perusal.
That's good you straight into the Classifieds section - maybe the rule is you can't message anybody until 20 posts?

Anyway this is a great thread for people looking to buy + those looking to sell

Often you'll get somebody who's thinking of selling and posts in here just to see if there's any potential interest

So keep an eye here as well as on ATrader, ebay, PHeads and don't forget Gumtree - I've seen cars on there + nowhere else

Good luck with your search the 130i is an excellent car :thumbs:

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2013)”