130i hunters unite!

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2013

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

James89
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:47 pm

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by James89 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Fritz wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:33 pm
James89 wrote:Im selling my 130i LE very soon, 57k miles, decent service history (excellent in the 3 years of my ownership, all done at specialist). Few things need doing first but expect on here soon. Will be looking around 7k ish.

Is it lhd!!?? Image
Rhd mate, uk spec

130iwanted
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:21 am

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by 130iwanted » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi all - after a couple of years in a e39 530i, I'm looking to get back in to something a bit more sporty as a daily!

It looks like I am joining a very long list of buyers..... I am in the market for a 3 or 5 door manual 130i M Sport. Heated seats a must, xenon's preferred. A full history is more important than milage. I scan the usual sites daily (AT, GumTree, eBay, PH etc) but I would love a car known to the Forum and looked after by an enthusiast.

My budget is £6k max. If anyone is planning on selling in the next month or so, it would be great to have a conversation about your car.

Cheers,
Stew

G1NGE
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:20 am

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by G1NGE » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Hey, talking about images, how do people upload images to the forum as the limit is 256kb?

I am trying to upload a few images as I got the car cleaned up today so people can have a look...

Any suggestions?

User avatar
AndyBish135i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:56 pm
Location: Wurzel country

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by AndyBish135i » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Ginge, get yourself an Imgur account then link the pics in your post... simples! :wink:

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by paddyboy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:44 pm

130iwanted wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 pm
Hi all - after a couple of years in a e39 530i, I'm looking to get back in to something a bit more sporty as a daily!

It looks like I am joining a very long list of buyers..... I am in the market for a 3 or 5 door manual 130i M Sport. Heated seats a must, xenon's preferred. A full history is more important than milage. I scan the usual sites daily (AT, GumTree, eBay, PH etc) but I would love a car known to the Forum and looked after by an enthusiast.

My budget is £6k max. If anyone is planning on selling in the next month or so, it would be great to have a conversation about your car.

Cheers,
Stew
Stretch just a little bit more and tsmr's 130i is up for sale at £6995 with a few nice extras :thumbs:
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

130iwanted
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:21 am

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by 130iwanted » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am

paddyboy wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:44 pm
130iwanted wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 pm
Hi all - after a couple of years in a e39 530i, I'm looking to get back in to something a bit more sporty as a daily!

It looks like I am joining a very long list of buyers..... I am in the market for a 3 or 5 door manual 130i M Sport. Heated seats a must, xenon's preferred. A full history is more important than milage. I scan the usual sites daily (AT, GumTree, eBay, PH etc) but I would love a car known to the Forum and looked after by an enthusiast.

My budget is £6k max. If anyone is planning on selling in the next month or so, it would be great to have a conversation about your car.

Cheers,
Stew
Stretch just a little bit more and tsmr's 130i is up for sale at £6995 with a few nice extras :thumbs:
I saw his one on AT and on here. Lovely car with all the right bits - but I really want heated seats for a daily

tsmr
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:47 pm

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by tsmr » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:36 pm

130iwanted wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am
paddyboy wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:44 pm
130iwanted wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 pm
Hi all - after a couple of years in a e39 530i, I'm looking to get back in to something a bit more sporty as a daily!

It looks like I am joining a very long list of buyers..... I am in the market for a 3 or 5 door manual 130i M Sport. Heated seats a must, xenon's preferred. A full history is more important than milage. I scan the usual sites daily (AT, GumTree, eBay, PH etc) but I would love a car known to the Forum and looked after by an enthusiast.

My budget is £6k max. If anyone is planning on selling in the next month or so, it would be great to have a conversation about your car.

Cheers,
Stew
Stretch just a little bit more and tsmr's 130i is up for sale at £6995 with a few nice extras :thumbs:
I saw his one on AT and on here. Lovely car with all the right bits - but I really want heated seats for a daily
I said the exact same thing before I bought this one and a lack thereof turned out to not make much difference at all. FWIW the heated seats in my Pre-FL 130i were poor anyway...

Also Alcantara wheel definitely helps on a cold morning! :)

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by paddyboy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:21 pm

130iwanted wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am
paddyboy wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:44 pm
130iwanted wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 pm
Hi all - after a couple of years in a e39 530i, I'm looking to get back in to something a bit more sporty as a daily!

It looks like I am joining a very long list of buyers..... I am in the market for a 3 or 5 door manual 130i M Sport. Heated seats a must, xenon's preferred. A full history is more important than milage. I scan the usual sites daily (AT, GumTree, eBay, PH etc) but I would love a car known to the Forum and looked after by an enthusiast.

My budget is £6k max. If anyone is planning on selling in the next month or so, it would be great to have a conversation about your car.

Cheers,
Stew
Stretch just a little bit more and tsmr's 130i is up for sale at £6995 with a few nice extras :thumbs:
I saw his one on AT and on here. Lovely car with all the right bits - but I really want heated seats for a daily
Fair enough if heated seats are something that are a must have for you - in that case I would definitely try a car that does have them and make sure they are as good as you hoped they'd be - opinions as to how effective they are obviously vary (see tsmr above)

I can't say as I don't have them but my 130i - it isn't a daily driver for me but then I don't have them in my daily driver either but they are cloth which probably helps - good luck with the search
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

G1NGE
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:20 am

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by G1NGE » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:37 pm

AndyBish135i wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:13 pm
Ginge, get yourself an Imgur account then link the pics in your post... simples! :wink:
Thank Andy, I'll do that. Saves messing around trying to reduce sizing. I managed to get the car cleaned inside and out and used the clay mitt on the outside; the winter weather has been awful really so it did need a wipe over as some tar spots and winter grime was present. Now she is really smooth to the touch, like glass, and has a nice deep shine to her.

I'll see what I can do about getting some images up in the next few days.

Cheers

Here goes...

BMW 130i SE ... a rare example currently for sale

https://imgur.com/gallery/F8JaC

Try this peeps, tell me what you think.

pem10
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by pem10 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Wow clean motor sir and a credit to you. That's top money but what potential customers like to see before they travel are lots of good photos. Which you've done. It gives them a chance to imagine sitting in the car if that makes sense.
Good luck and I hope she sells soon for you.
130i se. Sparkling graphite metallic. Xenons - darklines -pro hu - focal IFBMW-S -bmwp intake - bmwp exhaust - roof spoiler. Now with added 313 goodness and other bits and bobs.

G1NGE
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:20 am

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by G1NGE » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:27 pm

pem10 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:33 pm
Wow clean motor sir and a credit to you. That's top money but what potential customers like to see before they travel are lots of good photos. Which you've done. It gives them a chance to imagine sitting in the car if that makes sense.
Good luck and I hope she sells soon for you.
Cheers, appreciate your comment ... I just took another look myself on my desktop computer, and you can really zoom in on the images which helps people see how clean it is. I uploaded the photos from my phone and they turned out well.

I also have the full spec sheet too from Dick Lovett which the service team printed off for me. I have recently had the knock sensors replaced as a result of a warranty claim. At the same time I had the washer bottle cleaned out and fully serviced as it had blocked (sadly BMW do not cover this anymore under warranty - boo! And I have always ran it on BMW screen wash too!.) Clean bill of health given - although they couldn't find the tyres! These are a special treat for the new owner, especially if they fancy a track day! currently 6mm all round.

Next job for me is to get it listed on classifieds.

Scorp
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:17 am
Location: Blackburn

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by Scorp » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:39 pm

So this happened.. flew from Manchester to Exeter and bought a legend car and drove it home.. :fest:

Pretty stoked to say the least.. one day soon all this will be gone, replaced with electric cars and bikes, but for now its the sweet sound of 6 N/A cylinders bouncing off the buildings.. :D :D :D :D
Attachments
20171230_084634.jpg
20171230_084634.jpg (28.81 KiB) Viewed 249 times
20171230_094121 - Copy.jpg
20171230_094121 - Copy.jpg (84.5 KiB) Viewed 249 times
IMG-20171230-WA0007[1].jpg
IMG-20171230-WA0007[1].jpg (73.61 KiB) Viewed 249 times
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg (177.53 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Last edited by Scorp on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G1NGE
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:20 am

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by G1NGE » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:28 pm

Scorp wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:39 pm
So this happened.. flew from Manchester to Exeter and bought a legend car and drove it home.. :fest:

Pretty stoked to say the least.. one day soon all this will be gone, replaced with electric cars and bikes, but for now its the sweet sound of 6 N/A cylinders bouncing off the buildings.. :D :D :D :D
Well done Scorp. I did see that one for sale. I really hope you enjoy the car, they are pretty special. You'll never get tired hearing that engine sing.

paddyboy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by paddyboy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:37 am

Scorp wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:39 pm
So this happened.. flew from Manchester to Exeter and bought a legend car and drove it home.. :fest:

Pretty stoked to say the least.. one day soon all this will be gone, replaced with electric cars and bikes, but for now its the sweet sound of 6 N/A cylinders bouncing off the buildings.. :D :D :D :D
WOW! Well done Scorp chuffed for you - that was an epic journey glad it worked out for you :thumbs:

Any plans for your new toy?

Now you need to get your name down on the list for Santa Pod - 130i's welcome :spotman:
'09' 130i M Sport Auto - Le Mans Blue / Boston Beige Leather

User avatar
Toed64
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1954
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:49 am

Re: 130i hunters unite!

Post by Toed64 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:08 am

Scorp wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:38 am
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-BMW-1-S ... SwSrNZ54eI

...I am in dialogue with this gent...its a 5 hour one way trip, I'd have to fly it..
Congratualtions - just what you wanted. That must have been a nice trip too.

Now M3 LCAs. Even if it's the only mod you do, it's transformative!
2008 E81 130i
2010 E82 135i - now sold

Post Reply

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2013)”