Shall I?

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F40.
Manufactured from 2019

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, Producethis, babybmwadmin

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Shall I?

Post by Tiberius »

Johnsmith wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:27 pm
I made the mistake of going in to the showroom when i had my pre end of warranty check the other day. I hadn't really seen any of the new ones in the wild since they launched and now having sat in one aswell it just makes my 140i feel so old. Whilst I had accepted that I should keep mine another year until the end of the contract I now have that gnawing thought in the back of my mind. Has any one heard of any decent deals? I have seen the £399 upfront £399 a month for the 135i which is good, but has anyone had a better offer as an existing customer?
These days it's not easy to be talked into a new deal. It happened to us when we took out old X3 in for an end of warranty check.

BMW Forces offer the M135i got £379 down and pr months. The M235i at £369 down and per months. Other dealers will match this imminently. Remember that the car was at the lowest £425 down and per month just two months ago.

Deals are getting cheaper very quickly.
Cars:
-19' M140i SE, AW, MP LSD, Birds B1 Suspension(Adaptive delete), Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, F&R PDC, Rev.Camera

-19' X3 20i M-Sport, Adaptive Suspenion, Pro Nav, Icon Headlights, Parking Assist Plus, Power Folding Mirrors

GaryB1972
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GaryB1972 »

Tiberius wrote:
Johnsmith wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:27 pm
I made the mistake of going in to the showroom when i had my pre end of warranty check the other day. I hadn't really seen any of the new ones in the wild since they launched and now having sat in one aswell it just makes my 140i feel so old. Whilst I had accepted that I should keep mine another year until the end of the contract I now have that gnawing thought in the back of my mind. Has any one heard of any decent deals? I have seen the £399 upfront £399 a month for the 135i which is good, but has anyone had a better offer as an existing customer?
These days it's not easy to be talked into a new deal. It happened to us when we took out old X3 in for an end of warranty check.

BMW Forces offer the M135i got £379 down and pr months. The M235i at £369 down and per months. Other dealers will match this imminently. Remember that the car was at the lowest £425 down and per month just two months ago.

Deals are getting cheaper very quickly.
I’m hoping for around £350pm for 01/09/20 Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Spin »

When they hit £349 & £349 I'll take another test drive as money always talks.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

15 F21 135i Auto
16 RS3
66 Golf R
17 M140 Man SE
17 M140 auto SE
F87 M2 Manual LBB
16 M235i auto
19 M140 SE - B12 Kit

MX5 mk1 SE for sunny days & back to basics.

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL »

Spin wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:08 pm

And when they do “....who you gonna call”😉
"I don't work in the showroom so please always email me TRLdeals@outlook.com
Current Company Wagons - BMW G20 M340 Mineral White, and F40 M135i in Storm Bay … Current Personal Car; Alpine A110 Pure

TDI-line

Post by TDI-line »

TRL wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:54 pm
Spin wrote:

Ghostbusters! :D

Spin
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Spin »

TRL wrote:
Spin wrote:

There is no one else ! :band: :fest:
15 F21 135i Auto
16 RS3
66 Golf R
17 M140 Man SE
17 M140 auto SE
F87 M2 Manual LBB
16 M235i auto
19 M140 SE - B12 Kit

MX5 mk1 SE for sunny days & back to basics.

frazzle
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by frazzle »

TRL wrote:
Spin wrote:

I’ll be on the phone then too! Black with black grille, tech and m135i packs for me please!
68 - Mini Cooper S
65 - Gone: Mineral Grey Auto 5dr M135i
14 - Gone: Estoril Auto 5dr M135i.

RichT001
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by RichT001 »

frazzle wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:57 pm
TRL wrote:
Spin wrote:

I’ll be on the phone then too! Black with black grille, tech and m135i packs for me please!
Add another £70 a month for those! :lol:
F40 M135i - 4 wheels, headlights, engine, cigarette lighter, windscreen wipers, horn, rubber boot mat, dog guard.
KTM 1290 - 2 wheels, engine, seat.

frazzle
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by frazzle »

RichT001 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:46 am
frazzle wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:57 pm
TRL wrote:

Add another £70 a month for those! :lol:
Clearly :)

That would still be pretty decent on a one month deposit.
68 - Mini Cooper S
65 - Gone: Mineral Grey Auto 5dr M135i
14 - Gone: Estoril Auto 5dr M135i.

GaryB1972
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GaryB1972 »

TRL wrote:
Spin wrote:

And when they do “....who you gonna call”Image
Only one man I’ll be calling my friend...

RickZ007
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RickZ007 »

The 135iX is slated for exhaust tone, I trust those that are concerned do realise in traffic the 140 & 135iX sound the same..... :D Occasionally someone may actually hear either model being started where engine tone will be different but they still won't look twice because we're not talking Ferrari or Lambo here we're talking a small car that can barely be considered a family car, ok it's a hot hatch but that's it. If you're worried about exhaust tone from the cabin then don't be as IMO the 135iX tone is fine all beit synthetic but to me it sounds fine. Yes I have owned RWD 6 pot cars so I do know what they sound and drive like and grew out of the tone thing because there's more to a car than exhaust tone. Look at the whole package, comparing a 135iX with other BMW's like the 2X is rediculour and like comparing a series 2 with a 3 or a 3 with a 4, what's the point. I'm moving from Porsche and before that Merc and Audi so the 135X is my first BMW for many years and even after my fantastic Macan the 135iX is an excellent little car, no I haven't driven the 140 but if I did it wouldn't make any difference because as I've said I'm familiar with RWD 6 pot cars. The grille change will grow on the hardened BMW grill folk, I hated the Audi grille when it moved from the more compact shape to what it is now but it grew on me to the point the smaller Audi grilles now look old fashioned to me, the same will happen with the new shape BMW grille. Baring in mind I'm moving from a facelift Macan which without a shadow of a doubt even in 2.0L form is the best car I have owned and will likely ever own I was still very pleasantly surprised and impressed with the 135iX I took for two lengthy test drives. I also test drove the S3 Sportback and A35 AMG and IMO the 135iX is a better car and can be spec'd well at under £40k where the other two can't, for me it's a no brainer, the hardened beemer folk will eventually get it. So to the OP I say take a 135iX for a good long test drive taking in all road styles and surfaces I'm sure it will then make sense over the 140.....:P
M135i Xdrive - Macan 2.0 facelift - Macan 2.0 - SQ5 petrol - GLC Coupe Premium Plus - S5 cabrio - SQ5 diesel - TTS cabrio

GaryB1972
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GaryB1972 »

RickZ007 wrote:The 135iX is slated for exhaust tone, I trust those that are concerned do realise in traffic the 140 & 135iX sound the same..... :D Occasionally someone may actually hear either model being started where engine tone will be different but they still won't look twice because we're not talking Ferrari or Lambo here we're talking a small car that can barely be considered a family car, ok it's a hot hatch but that's it. If you're worried about exhaust tone from the cabin then don't be as IMO the 135iX tone is fine all beit synthetic but to me it sounds fine. Yes I have owned RWD 6 pot cars so I do know what they sound and drive like and grew out of the tone thing because there's more to a car than exhaust tone. Look at the whole package, comparing a 135iX with other BMW's like the 2X is rediculour and like comparing a series 2 with a 3 or a 3 with a 4, what's the point. I'm moving from Porsche and before that Merc and Audi so the 135X is my first BMW for many years and even after my fantastic Macan the 135iX is an excellent little car, no I haven't driven the 140 but if I did it wouldn't make any difference because as I've said I'm familiar with RWD 6 pot cars. The grille change will grow on the hardened BMW grill folk, I hated the Audi grille when it moved from the more compact shape to what it is now but it grew on me to the point the smaller Audi grilles now look old fashioned to me, the same will happen with the new shape BMW grille. Baring in mind I'm moving from a facelift Macan which without a shadow of a doubt even in 2.0L form is the best car I have owned and will likely ever own I was still very pleasantly surprised and impressed with the 135iX I took for two lengthy test drives. I also test drove the S3 Sportback and A35 AMG and IMO the 135iX is a better car and can be spec'd well at under £40k where the other two can't, for me it's a no brainer, the hardened beemer folk will eventually get it. So to the OP I say take a 135iX for a good long test drive taking in all road styles and surfaces I'm sure it will then make sense over the 140.....:P
I supposed to take one out today but couldn’t so hopefully next week I will. Do most BMW garages do long term test drives?

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius »

GaryB1972 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:03 pm
I supposed to take one out today but couldn’t so hopefully next week I will. Do most BMW garages do long term test drives?

It's discretionary depending on the dealer and the demand of the demo car you you are interested in. A "long" test drive range from giving you access to the car for 4 hours, 24 hours or even an entire weekend.
Cars:
-19' M140i SE, AW, MP LSD, Birds B1 Suspension(Adaptive delete), Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, F&R PDC, Rev.Camera

-19' X3 20i M-Sport, Adaptive Suspenion, Pro Nav, Icon Headlights, Parking Assist Plus, Power Folding Mirrors

scottitoohotti

Post by scottitoohotti »

I’ve had 2 extended test drives, both times taking the car around lunch time and returning before close. I’m sure if I’d asked for a full 24hrs they’d have obliged, didn’t see too much merit it being sat on my drive overnight vs a full afternoon blast. I’ve always found BMW dealers very accommodating with throwing the keys for a test drive. Also had a 30 minute run as I just rocked up and they had someone else booked in the car later on.

SamM140
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SamM140 »

GaryB1972 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:03 pm
RickZ007 wrote:The 135iX is slated for exhaust tone, I trust those that are concerned do realise in traffic the 140 & 135iX sound the same..... :D Occasionally someone may actually hear either model being started where engine tone will be different but they still won't look twice because we're not talking Ferrari or Lambo here we're talking a small car that can barely be considered a family car, ok it's a hot hatch but that's it. If you're worried about exhaust tone from the cabin then don't be as IMO the 135iX tone is fine all beit synthetic but to me it sounds fine. Yes I have owned RWD 6 pot cars so I do know what they sound and drive like and grew out of the tone thing because there's more to a car than exhaust tone. Look at the whole package, comparing a 135iX with other BMW's like the 2X is rediculour and like comparing a series 2 with a 3 or a 3 with a 4, what's the point. I'm moving from Porsche and before that Merc and Audi so the 135X is my first BMW for many years and even after my fantastic Macan the 135iX is an excellent little car, no I haven't driven the 140 but if I did it wouldn't make any difference because as I've said I'm familiar with RWD 6 pot cars. The grille change will grow on the hardened BMW grill folk, I hated the Audi grille when it moved from the more compact shape to what it is now but it grew on me to the point the smaller Audi grilles now look old fashioned to me, the same will happen with the new shape BMW grille. Baring in mind I'm moving from a facelift Macan which without a shadow of a doubt even in 2.0L form is the best car I have owned and will likely ever own I was still very pleasantly surprised and impressed with the 135iX I took for two lengthy test drives. I also test drove the S3 Sportback and A35 AMG and IMO the 135iX is a better car and can be spec'd well at under £40k where the other two can't, for me it's a no brainer, the hardened beemer folk will eventually get it. So to the OP I say take a 135iX for a good long test drive taking in all road styles and surfaces I'm sure it will then make sense over the 140.....:P

My local dealer is pretty good; they’ll happily let you take a car for a few hours. I managed to get an M140i for 24hours which took a bit of persuasion.

They were reluctant because it was a higher performance car, but I re kin the real reason was because it was one of the salesman’s cars.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Plus my other half’s 2007 116 cheapy project

Return to “F40 (2019-tbd)”