How do you normally drive your M135i ? (Sport, Confort, Eco-Pro, DSC On/Off...)

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F40.
Manufactured from 2019

Moderators: Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo

Stig747

How do you normally drive your M135i ? (Sport, Confort, Eco-Pro, DSC On/Off...)

Post by Stig747 »

ttattwa wrote:Now that I've driven the car for around 2 weeks, over 1000km total, I am leaning towards driving always like this:

Drive Mode: Sport Individual

Adaptive Suspension in Confort - for most situation it is much more confortable, only putting it in Sport when I'm getting serious about cornering. The car in Sport is really a wooden board

Steering in Sport - I much prefer the direct and heavy wheel than the Confort one. Always liked them being heavy.

Engine in Sport - Obvious.

Transmision - Here I am having doubts. The Sport in the first 2/3 gears is a bit harsh on the changes, too abrupt, so leaving it in confort and using the paddles when I want to seems a good compromise so far, but I'm still testing this.

Auto-hold and Auto-stop both OFF.

Lane Assist intervention OFF.

Tested fuel economy on eco-pro and sport on highway and it doesn't make any difference. (it's very good on both btw).

I'll keep experimenting.
Good update, thanks. Lurking for more!

I wonder why you’d not use auto hold?
Ajm
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: How do you normally drive your M135i ? (Sport, Confort, Eco-Pro, DSC On/Off...)

Post by Ajm »

Sport individual... steering & transmission in comfort. Engine in sport. Just need to get it coded so it starts in sports individual by default.
F40 M135ix, Alpine white, Alcantara, pro pack with 557’s, tech pack & heated wheel :D
Stig747

Re: How do you normally drive your M135i ? (Sport, Confort, Eco-Pro, DSC On/Off...)

Post by Stig747 »

how about breaking in period? First 1200 miles, should sport gearbox mode be avoided or does the cold start approach still apply?
ttattwa
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ttattwa »

Stig747 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:08 pm I wonder why you’d not use auto hold?
I don’t like to lose control over some of the most basic functions of a car (stop, go), having the foot on the brakes when I want to stop is what I have been doing all my life with all my cars and imho didn’t need any fixing because didn’t cause any problem.

Moreover, the first time I started the car it was on, I tried to accelerate from a full stop and the transition seemed a bit too abrupt, as well.

I don’t know really, it’s more about the “touch”, the “feel” of the car in general. Some things like the lights are cool to have in full auto, but the brakes? Not so sure I feel positive about this.
ttattwa
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ttattwa »

Stig747 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 pm how about breaking in period? First 1200 miles, should sport gearbox mode be avoided or does the cold start approach still apply?
I have not yet put it over 4.000 rpm, and I always drive like a turtle when going out / into the garage.

I actually like changing to eco-pro when entring the garage, it makes the car reactions milder, which is a good thing when trying to fit a 306hp car in a tight space.

I won’t push it at all until I am like 3 or 4k miles.
adam.b
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by adam.b »

Ajm wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:18 pm Sport individual... steering & transmission in comfort. Engine in sport. Just need to get it coded so it starts in sports individual by default.
Same for me.
Dynamodux
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Dynamodux »

Just drive in comfort, and the change up to sport individual when needed, steering I keep in comfort but everything else is sport
GaryB1972
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GaryB1972 »

So if you save your settings, will it save when you next start the car?
Current:Alpine White 2017 M140i :twisted:

Runaround: White 2019 Skoda Citigo Colour Edition :D
Arriving 01/03/21:Alpine White 2021 M135i :spotman:

Yea I love white :roll:
Ajm
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ajm »

GaryB1972 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:37 pm So if you save your settings, will it save when you next start the car?
It remembers how you configure your individual drive profiles. However the default drive profile is comfort & the car does not remember the last profile it was in so unless you get it coded it starts in comfort.

The car also remembers how you configure how intrusive you set the safety systems. However if you turn them off the car will not remember that. They are always on when you start the car.
F40 M135ix, Alpine white, Alcantara, pro pack with 557’s, tech pack & heated wheel :D
GaryB1972
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GaryB1972 »

Ajm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm
GaryB1972 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:37 pm So if you save your settings, will it save when you next start the car?
It remembers how you configure your individual drive profiles. However the default drive profile is comfort & the car does not remember the last profile it was in so unless you get it coded it starts in comfort.

The car also remembers how you configure how intrusive you set the safety systems. However if you turn them off the car will not remember that. They are always on when you start the car.
Cheers.. annoying that the car reverts back to comfort

Jerry77

Post by Jerry77 »

I live in Prague, so when I am driving city regime using Comfort also till warms up, than Sport. Also my Remus opens the valve so more fun even going to work highway usually Comfort, country roads Sport for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DrBobtheBlob
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by DrBobtheBlob »

GaryB1972 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:20 pm
Ajm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm

Hi, if you press the sport button then start it will start in sport mode. TBH one of the reasons I picked the car was because it has such nice quality feeling controls so any excuse. Really don't get why other similar cars are going button free or have utterly crap switchgear.
M135i, Misano Blue, driver assist, park assist, lumbar, through loading, adaptive suspension.
Stig747

Post by Stig747 »

DrBobtheBlob wrote:
GaryB1972 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:20 pm
Ajm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm It remembers how you configure your individual drive profiles. However the default drive profile is comfort & the car does not remember the last profile it was in so unless you get it coded it starts in comfort.

Hi, if you press the sport button then start it will start in sport mode. TBH one of the reasons I picked the car was because it has such nice quality feeling controls so any excuse. Really don't get why other similar cars are going button free or have utterly crap switchgear.
The gear control is secretly the main reason I bought it Image
ttattwa
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ttattwa »

I forgot to add that the interior light colors that I like the most are blue and orange, although when my doughter is in the car she always wants purple so purple it is!

On the other hand, I also forgot to mention that I have turned off all fake engine sound inside the cabin. It's not bad sounding, but this is not a video game, and I like better the nuances of the real engine when pushed. The car is really well insolated (a plus in my book), so unless you push it over 2,5 or 3k revs it doesn't make any sound at all, but then if you go heavy on the foot it can be heard and it feels better to me than the fake sound injected thru the speakers. The setting on the engine sound menu is "reduced" if I am not wrong. (previously I had it on "depending on driving mode", but now that I'm driving always in sport individual I don't want it at all).
GaryB1972
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by GaryB1972 »

I think I’ll be turning off the fake noise. Had an ST3 years ago that had terrible fake noise..

Return to “F40 (2019-tbd)”