Do you use the Connected Drive App?

On behalf of BMW, we are looking for motivated drivers to help us improve the BMW Connected App. You can be part of the ongoing improvement of the app and actively shape the next versions. Since we highly value your contribution, you will be able to earn rewards for your participation.

Moderators: Testbird, Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

Testbird

Do you use the Connected Drive App?

Post by Testbird » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:33 pm

New car technologies are transforming the automotive sector and the demand for connected car technologies is only growing. Will you be part of the journey?

Whether you have a 2019 model car or not, if you’re using the Connected Drive App, you can have a direct impact on its development!

We’re working with BMW to run regular tests and gather feedback and we need real BMW drivers to do that.

Hundreds of drivers have joined the community from all around the world and we want you to join too.

You can read more information and sign up here: https://www.testbirds.com/bmw-cars/

Alternatively, post below and let me answer your question!

toon10

Re: Do you use the Connected Drive App?

Post by toon10 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Nope. I installed it on my iPhone XS Max and it didn't work. I put the VIN code in and it found my car but then when I went to continue it just kept spitting out a random error. Binned it just as quick as I downloaded it. Looking at the pricing packages, there's no way I'd spend that either.

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by OneTwenty » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 pm

I've used it for the first 3 years for directions, locking/unlocking etc but once out of the free period I wouldn't pay for it.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

Testbird

Post by Testbird » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:08 pm

hey toon10! Part of our work with BMW is to discover these issues drivers are having so that the product can be improved. If you're still in the free period, would you consider downloading the app again and joining our community? Each test run is paid at least 40 euros (often more) and we pay you additionally for bugs you find such as the errors you were receiving :)

Currently we are still urgently looking for drivers of 2019 model vehicles: G05 and G20 but all Connected Drive users are very welcome!

Testbird

Post by Testbird » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:11 pm

hey OneTwenty

Thanks so much for the feedback on the product!

Are you already out of your free period now or do you have a few months left? As mentioned to toon10! Each test run is paid at least 40 euros (often more) and we pay you additionally for bugs you find such as the errors you were receiving :)

Currently we are still urgently looking for drivers of 2019 model vehicles: G05 and G20 but all Connected Drive users are very welcome!

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:11 pm

No, I'm out of the free period now.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

50pence
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by 50pence » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:14 pm

I pay for USB sat nav updates though don't see enough value in the subscription based services.
F20 M135i LCi, auto, adaptive suspension, adaptive LED h/l + HB assist, h/seats, c/pack, elec folding mirrors etc
F55 Mini Cooper, man, LED h/l + HB assist, h/seats, head-up display, active cruise, XL nav, elec folding mirrors etc

Testbird

Post by Testbird » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Thanks OneTwenty and 50pence. Sorry to hear this isn't something that will work out for you but thanks again for giving your feedback. If you do know anyone who is using the App, please do encourage them to get involved :)

RichT001
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by RichT001 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:45 pm

I’ve used it on my last few cars, and love it. Being able to send routes to the car from my phone the night before is a great feature.

Saying that, now I just say “Hey BMW” and tell the car where to take me! That also works very well.
F40 M135i - 4 wheels, headlights, engine, cigarette lighter, windscreen wipers, horn, rubber boot mat, dog guard.
KTM 1290 - 2 wheels, engine, seat.

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:14 pm

Just notice you cannot use Connected Drive with Alexa now ?
2018 Glacier Silver 320d lci M Sport.

Testbird

Post by Testbird » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Hey RichT001, it's great to hear your enjoying the app! :) BMW really wants to keep making this service even better. What car are you driving right now?
We'd love to have you join the community! We run a series of tests with each new pilot version of the app and ask our testers to provide feedback on specific features and report bugs. Each test run is paid at least 40 euros (often more) and we pay you additionally for bugs you find.

More information on participation can be found at https://www.testbirds.com/bmw-cars/
But let me know if there are any questions I can answer!

Return to “Testbirds”