Chamois drying..

Bring back that shine to your BMW.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

dailydoggy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Chamois drying..

Post by dailydoggy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:14 pm

My mate put me onto one of these recently after watching the car washers and detailers at the local BMW dealership clean his M4 one of them produced this strange looking chamois to dry the car with and my mate was bedazzled by it and how it absorbed water and dried the car.. So he asked the dude what it was who said it is called "The Absorber" so i bought one and it is true this is the best chamois you will ever own, they are just superb and way better than any traditional leather chamois...

Not cheap but ya get what ya pay for though and bits don't come off it like a leather chamois and it holds far more water aswell..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cleantools-Abs ... e+absorber

Ya ring it out and keep it moist in it's container when finished...
340BHP, manual shift ,£140 tax!!Got wood! :drive:

racey1979
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Chamois drying..

Post by racey1979 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:09 am

dailydoggy wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:14 pm
My mate put me onto one of these recently after watching the car washers and detailers at the local BMW dealership clean his M4 one of them produced this strange looking chamois to dry the car with and my mate was bedazzled by it and how it absorbed water and dried the car.. So he asked the dude what it was who said it is called "The Absorber" so i bought one and it is true this is the best chamois you will ever own, they are just superb and way better than any traditional leather chamois...

Not cheap but ya get what ya pay for though and bits don't come off it like a leather chamois and it holds far more water aswell..

Looks good, tried literally dozens of drying towels/aids and my personal favourite is the Gyeon Silk Dryer. Doesn't look much when you first pick it up but they way it absorbs water is mind boggling, zero streaks too....had it nearly 12 months and its still like new....thank God the leather chamois days are over

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-q2m-silk-dryer

You’re probably showing early signs of detailing disease BTW, first it was the Bilt Hamber and now this....once it takes hold there’s no going back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
F22 67 M240i Mineral Grey....Birds B2 Suspension....M Performance Kit
E91 59 335d Space Grey....Remapped by Simon @ emaps 350 BHP (hers)
E46 02 325ti Compact - Sold
E46 01 330ci Coupe - Sold
Citroen AX GTI - Saxo VTS Engined Money Pit - “Gone” :wink:

dailydoggy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dailydoggy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:58 am

racey1979 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:09 am
dailydoggy wrote:

Looks good, tried literally dozens of drying towels/aids and my personal favourite is the Gyeon Silk Dryer. Doesn't look much when you first pick it up but they way it absorbs water is mind boggling, zero streaks too....had it nearly 12 months and its still like new....thank God the leather chamois days are over

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-q2m-silk-dryer

You’re probably showing early signs of detailing disease BTW, first it was the Bilt Hamber and now this....once it takes hold there’s no going back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My mate with the M4 is really anal at it and he wrote me a list of all the stuff he uses..Trouble with me is my attention span i soon lose interest in things and become bored so being a detailer is never going to happen.. :D

Barney McGrew
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Barney McGrew » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:04 am

dailydoggy wrote:
and bits don't come off it like a leather chamois
I don't know anyone that would actually use a leather chamois on their car. Not since the 80's anyway.

That thing is basically a form of microfibre cloth, nothing special. I just get packs of the thick microfibre cloths and they can be washed easily and chucked when no good anymore.

barneyrubble
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by barneyrubble » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:19 am

I don't use a cloth to dry my car anymore. I find this approach is much better:

First - do your final rinse using the open hose method (with filtered water) - for some reason it seems to leave a lot less water on the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etPntUFu54Y

Filter: https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/aqua-gl ... erAGWF0000

Then use a blower to get rid of the residue. I use this:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/metro-va ... ck-blaster
If it's got breasts or wheels - it's going to give you trouble

Black Sapphire Metallic M2 LCI

dailydoggy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dailydoggy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:43 am

A bit too anal for my thought process and logic ...£90 for summat that blows a bit of air??

No it's not for me i am afraid...

barneyrubble

Post by barneyrubble » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:34 am

Each to his own - the idea is not to touch the paintwork as much as possible.

With the current BMW paint being so sh*t this gives me the least swirl marks possible for my way of cleaning. Others will have other ideas but I'm happy with mine
If it's got breasts or wheels - it's going to give you trouble

Black Sapphire Metallic M2 LCI

dailydoggy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by dailydoggy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:32 pm

barneyrubble wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:34 am
Each to his own - the idea is not to touch the paintwork as much as possible.

With the current BMW paint being so sh*t this gives me the least swirl marks possible for my way of cleaning. Others will have other ideas but I'm happy with mine
Not over impressed with the paintwork on my 140i to be honest for a BMW but that goes for them all these days i saw a brand new Audi the other day with truly shocking orange peel...

Demelitia
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Demelitia » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:39 pm

If it's of any use, I use a different form of air compressor to get water off my car; A Titan wet/dry shop vac from screwfix.
The input and output port are the same size so you can put the hose on the out. It gives a decent strength blast out of the end, especially with the crevice nozzle on and also heats the air slightly with heat from the motor and the compression of the air. When that's done and your're waiting for your wax to go off or whatever you can use it to vacuum the car out.
On top of that its a very capable vac so it seems like pretty good value!
130i LE. BW Chiptune remap. BMWP: exhaust, intake/ filter, strut brace, alcantara, gear knob, hand brake. Camber pin mod. CDV delete. Carbon corner splitters. Cruise control retrofit. Digital speedo.

Return to “Cleaning Products for your car”