Glass Sealant

Bring back that shine to your BMW.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

MattyKHZ
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Glass Sealant

Post by MattyKHZ » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:54 pm

Going from a 1 series 3 door to a 2 series I noticed on test drive that I wished for better rear visibility.

Lacking a wiper does anyone recommend a specific glass sealant?

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Glass Sealant

Post by marco_polo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:27 am

Any will help, in the past I've used H2go, Nanolex Ultra is supposed to be good too. G1 is a go-to for many people, or RainX in if in a real pinch.

I had good results on the sides and rear, but made nighttime visibility a nightmare if used on the windscreen. The beading forms hundreds of tiny lenses which refract the streetlights, so had to remove it with meths and clay bar.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

racey1979
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by racey1979 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm

I have had Gyeon view on all my glass since new so about 14 months and it still repels water very well. However, I had to have it machine polished off the windscreen due to catastrophic wiper judder, it was awful. The detailer couldn't understand it and claimed he had never known this happen. He tried a different product (forget which) but same result....terrible judder. In the end we gave up and removed it.
F22 67 M240i Mineral Grey....Birds B2 Suspension....M Performance Kit
E91 59 335d Space Grey....Remapped by Simon @ emaps 350 BHP (hers)
E46 02 325ti Compact - Sold
E46 01 330ci Coupe - Sold
Citroen AX GTI - Saxo VTS Engined Money Pit - “Gone” :wink:

Barney McGrew
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Barney McGrew » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:43 am

marco_polo wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:27 am
I had good results on the sides and rear, but made nighttime visibility a nightmare if used on the windscreen. The beading forms hundreds of tiny lenses which refract the streetlights, so had to remove it with meths and clay bar.
Same here, I sometimes use a repellent on the side glass but keep my windscreen free of anything as it just makes things bad at nighttime. Also it plays havoc with the auto wiper sensitivity as it leaves a sort of brief "smear" over the glass that the sensor thinks is more water and keeps the wipers going.

Return to “Cleaning Products for your car”