Baby BMW Forum banner

Upholstery cleaning

9K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Captc 
#1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls,

2 weeks ago i picked up my brand new 118D sport and yesterday i took my boss to pick up lunch and the soup burst in the bag, to his defence he let it scald him, but some creeped onto the part of the seat which extends out (for the thigh i think) whats the best product to get it cleaned up without rubbing at i don't want to bobble it, i noticed the interior upholstery was a bit sturdier than my old 116i se so hopefully it will come off easier.

Chris

#3 ·
Anthony said:
Use Remi! I mean ask Remi, her husband runs a leather business and he is probably the most authoritative person on any aspect of leather care from simple cleaning to complete restorations.

I would normally use Leather Soap, from any saddlers.
Thanks for help but its not leather its like a sturdy cloth!

#5 ·
Thanks Marco... if i cant get a wet vax (i actually think my mum might have one though) is there and spray and leave type foam i can get?

#6 ·
You can buy foam dry cleaning products which claim to make stains rise to the surface, from most good motor factors. I've never got particularly good results using them though.

It's worth checking the colour-fastness of your seat fabric, before you start spraying cleaners around. Test on an inconspicuous area if possible, or you might end up with a much bigger problem than spilled soup.

#7 ·
Chris2 said:
Anthony said:
Use Remi! I mean ask Remi, her husband runs a leather business and he is probably the most authoritative person on any aspect of leather care from simple cleaning to complete restorations.

I would normally use Leather Soap, from any saddlers.
Thanks for help but its not leather its like a sturdy cloth!
Opps sorry I do not know why I assumed/pressumed that it was leather

As marco_polo has said and perhaps ask mum to clean it. She might well know how to go about it.

#9 ·
JonD said:
You could try autosmart brisk foam, works very well on upholstery etc its a dry foam cleaner like Marco describes. There ate other similar product such as Groom which is available from Halfords but its no where near as good.

This is just one place that stocks it " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This thread dropped dead years ago :lol2: , unless it's been resurrected for a bit of free advertising :|

#10 ·
Blackbmw120d said:
JonD said:
You could try autosmart brisk foam, works very well on upholstery etc its a dry foam cleaner like Marco describes. There ate other similar product such as Groom which is available from Halfords but its no where near as good.

This is just one place that stocks it " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This thread dropped dead years ago :lol2: , unless it's been resurrected for a bit of free advertising :|
Didn't read the date on the op, just the one above mine, and unfortunately I'm not on commission

Surprised it wasn't linked to those cheap kitchens :lol2:

#14 ·
rojer said:
I recently bought this: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used it today on the seats of my wife's Mini Cooper D, well the passengers seat for now. It worked great. When I do the drivers seat in the next few days I will post before and after shots.
Yup FAB is awesome on interior leather, fabric and trim cleaning - it's a one product wonder for the interior, it's that good!

#18 ·
I cleaned my interior the other day.

Seats
I used a 1:10 dilution of Valet Pro APC ( peach scented )
I added this to a squirty bottle and covered the cloth
Agitated with a brush and excesses removed with microfibre
The seats look brand new!

As for the leather/vinyl bolsters I used gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner.

#20 ·
Chris2 said:
Hi Guys and Girls,

2 weeks ago i picked up my brand new 118D sport and yesterday i took my boss to pick up lunch and the soup burst in the bag, to his defence he let it scald him, but some creeped onto the part of the seat which extends out (for the thigh i think) whats the best product to get it cleaned up without rubbing and i don't want to bobble it, i noticed the interior upholstery was a bit sturdier than my old 116i se so hopefully it will come off easier.

Chris
For any Soup stain, whipped detergent works well. Fill a container with half dish detergent, half water, and use a hand mixer to whip it up. Use a rag to rub the froth into the spot, and then rinse with water.

If it doesn't work then you can use Steam cleaning.

#21 ·
mike052 said:
Chris2 said:
Hi Guys and Girls,

2 weeks ago i picked up my brand new 118D sport and yesterday i took my boss to pick up lunch and the soup burst in the bag, to his defence he let it scald him, but some creeped onto the part of the seat which extends out (for the thigh i think) whats the best product to get it cleaned up without rubbing and i don't want to bobble it, i noticed the interior upholstery was a bit sturdier than my old 116i se so hopefully it will come off easier.

Chris
For any Soup stain, whipped detergent works well. Fill a container with half dish detergent, half water, and use a hand mixer to whip it up. Use a rag to rub the froth into the spot, and then rinse with water.

If the stain is still there after all this time it's not coming out lol check the date of the post :)

#22 ·
Mjh7290 said:
mike052 said:
Chris2 said:
Hi Guys and Girls,

Chris

If the stain is still there after all this time it's not coming out lol check the date of the post :)
My intention was to help Chris.
Sorry if you don't like

#23 ·
Hii guys,

I have also use the bottle of FAB few days ago for stain remover.It is really good. It will clean fabric and hard surface area too.

It is low foam cleaner and stain remover. We can use it with both hot and cold water. It has a very pleasant fragrance. It can be easily used for every household tasks.

I personally liked it very much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.