Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Dan116i
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Snow foam does it work?

Post by Dan116i » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:47 pm

sootyvrs wrote:
Q-Car wrote:
sootyvrs wrote: I use a water filter to rinse eliminating using a drying towel which is another area which can marr the paintwork..
I didn't know this was an option?
What sort of filter system?
I use this system as used below although I just use for final rinsing without pressure washer :)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=104955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where did you get your filter from? :)
Now: 2006 130i with even more goodies ;)
Gone: 2008 116i with goodies :)

sootyvrs

Post by sootyvrs » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:38 pm

Dan116i wrote:
sootyvrs wrote:
Q-Car wrote: I didn't know this was an option?
What sort of filter system?
I use this system as used below although I just use for final rinsing without pressure washer :)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=104955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where did you get your filter from? :)
Away from home right now but I'm pretty sure i posted it on the for somewhere. Tapatalk is crap for searches lol
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 am

Raceglaze website and cleaningspot online catalogue has them. Used one at a friends place to wash crud off my motorbike. Worked well with hosepipe spray gun to rinse but so it should for £100. No idea if compatible with jet washer or not.

http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/race-glaze/4 ... ng-filter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/ ... ue2013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aqua gleam also get good reviews and is circa half the price.
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten !
AW M2 DCT

Gizmo555
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Gizmo555 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:18 pm

If I start using snow foam am I going to P my neighbour off ?
My drive slopes towards his so what happens to all the foam on the ground - will it float on to his drive or does it dissolve fairly well with washing water ?

Thanks

mikey_tikes
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mikey_tikes » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:41 pm

Gizmo555 wrote:If I start using snow foam am I going to P my neighbour off ?
My drive slopes towards his so what happens to all the foam on the ground - will it float on to his drive or does it dissolve fairly well with washing water ?

Thanks
In the current weather, it turns to ice! So be careful! Normally it just soaks into the ground like water.
EB/Oyster/Fineline - F20 M135i, Auto, Adaptive, Visibility, Pro Media, Comfort w/ Rear PDC, Sun protection,
HK Audio, Folding Mirrors, Enhanced BT, Comfort Access, Extended Storage.

nickfrog

Post by nickfrog » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:53 am

Or if you play your cards right and put enough of it, you can open a mini Xmas wonderland for the local kiddies.
Megane RS Cup-S - due early June 2016
LCI M135i 3-dr, manual - bought June 15 - Sold May 16
Toyota GT86 - bought Nov 14 - Sold May 15
E82 125i M Sport on 130i power and brakes, MSS tyres - sold NOV 14

ChesterUK
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ChesterUK » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Blackbmw120d wrote:I still use snow foam even if my cars look clean. It's surprising how much dirt it takes off the car and then followed by a citrus pre wash cleaner the actual wash is very easy and very safe regarding avoiding swirl marks on the paintwork.
The citrus pre-wash is what I'm going to look into this year. Get fed-up with baked on bug splats. I've seen this can make a world of difference.
Chester
For sale: Carbon black E81 130i M-Sport Limited Edition
Gone: LeMans blue E81 123d M-Sport Auto

Gizmo555
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Gizmo555 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Thanks.

Put in an order for the Citrus pre-wash (and skip snow foam for now) at remyroc (as well as a load of other stuff).

Used some citrus 'stuff' years ago from the 'Wax Wizard' for shifting brake dust and fly splats - I recall people raved about citrus then.

Thanks

Mark

Stealth328Ci
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Stealth328Ci » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:42 am

I swear by the stuff now, I don't know what I'd do without it.

Loved using cherry snow foam from USC, really good but foam wasn't that thick.
Trying out Auto Finesse Avalanche at the moment, thicker foam but no cherry scent.

As per some of the others that commented its part of a system and not just a spray, rinse go product.
I'd also use the snow foam whether the car is filthy or not, integrated into my wash system, it's all done and dusted in two to three hours.

Will also be trying out the citrus pre wash at some stage too.

Bryan :)
Titan Silver E82 125i M Sport Coupe

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Ordered some snow foam off James last night.
DEFECTED TO SKODA.

jonylightweight
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jonylightweight » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Blackbmw120d wrote:Ordered some snow foam off James last night.

Ordered some from James also along with several othe items.
In need of more
M 135 Alpine White, Coral Red, Auto, Adaptive Pro Nav, Comfort ,Sun Protection , Visibility
Folding Mirrors, Front Rear Parking, Harmon, Electric Seats , Lumbar BMW Back Box

Now sold

Casey
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Casey » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:36 pm

I've never used snow foam but it does look like a good product. I've always just used 2BM but having ready what remyroc has said I might start using a citrus per wash to remove the top layer of grime. I'm already spending 2+ hours on a weekly wash so I'm unsure if I want to start adding in another stage of pre wash.
Current : M135i
Previous: Focus RS Mk1 360bhp, Megane R26 270bhp

MAW73

Post by MAW73 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:55 pm

Blackroc wrote:
JonD wrote:James, have you ever used chemical guys no touch snow foam? Having watch the clips it looks impressive, however I'm always skeptical of all the hype.
No mate I haven't. Don't find too many samples about either! Going to be needing some new foam in the next month or so, I'll have a chat with Jen at Juicy to see if she can get me a sample and send you some..

Using CarChems foam at the moment - it's ok but I've had to add Citrus Power for winter duties as it's not strong enough on its own
Just purchased 5 Litres of ValetPRO Citrus Pre-Wash. Never used it before so looking forward to giving it a try at the weekend. Seems great from what the various reviews of read. I purchased a Mesto 1.5 Litre pump sprayer as well to apply the VP pre-wash.

redwizard

Post by redwizard » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:18 pm

I ordered 5 litres of Magi-foam from Autobright Direct during a group buy ages (years?) ago and inspite of losing a fair bit of it when the container sprang a leak :( there's still plenty left.

Used with a basic Karcher p/washer and the Autobright foam lance I just refill the lance bottle from store occasionally, once you have the mix adjustment correct it should go a long way.

The first time I used it, I spent hours trying to flush the residue down the gully on my drive, so now I always park my car across the drive over a road drain.

Swirl marks are not an issue for me (not that I'm that bothered about them) as I rarely touch the car with mits anyway, just give it a good rinse off afterwards and leave to dry (no, I don't do it in winter months...... ). We have a water softener in our system so no issues with scale either.

Yes, I like the stuff - a lazy man's tool for cleaning the car quickly. :)
2009 E87 120dse in glorious Tahiti Green ;)
BMW OEM Retrofits - cruise, dynamic xenons, CIC pro-nav, DAB, combox, E91 sharkfin, Poplar Grey trim

Q-Car
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Q-Car » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:32 pm

MAW73 wrote: Just purchased 5 Litres of ValetPRO Citrus Pre-Wash. Never used it before so looking forward to giving it a try at the weekend. Seems great from what the various reviews of read. I purchased a Mesto 1.5 Litre pump sprayer as well to apply the VP pre-wash.
I stripped all sealent/wax off my car a couple of months ago and sealed the clean paint with a couple of coats C2V3.
Next time I washed the car using citrus prewash I noticed it had affected the sealant. The water wasn't sheeting off the same as areas higher up the door where I hadn't sprayed the stuff. I also had gone over the whole car with snowfoam. I didn't measure it last time I made a mix up so it was probably way too strong. It's obviously effective stuff and so make sure you don't mix stronger than the recommended amount. I now use it at the weaker end of the mix scale.
Under the radar!

Return to “Cleaning Products for your car”