Baby BMW Forum banner

Best glass cleaner?

9K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  Stealth328Ci 
#1 ·
So I've ignored it since new really but when my windscreen mists up there are several marks and smudges where factory stickers used to be. I've been meaning to clean them off for ages and general glass cleaner hasn't worked.

Looking for recommendations to sort this for inside and out.

Thanks in advance.

#11 ·
Blackroc said:
CarChem Clarity - contains polishes that remove sticker residue, bugs and other stuff, plus is extremely hydrophobic so needs less cleaning afterwards...

Also works superbly on satnav screens, polished interiors and piano black trim ;)

All I ever use!
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Link fixed ;)
I use that too! In fact my bottle has just about run out and so will need replacing soon!

#13 ·
Meguiars Perfect Clarity - for me the best glass cleaner out there, problem is that SWMBO also agrees and she keeps pinching it to clean the house windows

#15 ·
I'm currently on the Meguairs Perfect Clarity stuff, which is far better than I thought it would be.

For the front screen I used to like Halford Glass Cutter for taking a layer off now and then, but they have stopped doing it.

Slight hi-jack here but anyone know of a suitable replacement for it these days ??

#19 ·
I have now bought the BMW Glass cleaner whilst dilly dallying at the dealers and it's fabulous.
I much prefer it to the Autoglym Fast Glass. :thumbs:

#22 ·
Twenny said:
Dilly dallying?
Is that like Morris dancing? Lol

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net
Nothing quite as exciting, just waiting for my car. :p

#23 ·
Give it a wipe with some panel wipe then use a good quality glass cleaner.

I found I had some suction marks on the outside. I'm led to believe this is silicone residue from where the robot uses the suction cup to pick up the glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.