Baby BMW Forum banner

Wheels Sealant

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Littlebean 
#1 ·
Whats the best value but hard wearing wheel sealant? :) Its for some Graphite gunmetal rims if that makes any difference

Cheers :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine is fantastic value at around £8, but it's hard to find these days (check Amazon)

Failing that - the Angelwax Billberry I sell is fantastic, smells amazing but coats more. If you do order it, I have a 200ml available for the 100ml size ;)

#8 ·
Blackroc said:
Dan116i said:
Cheers, found it :) How long does it last?
All wheel waxes will last 4-6 months off two coats :)
Hi James

We've got an MY14 2 Series Active Tourer M Sport and despite the car having been detailed SWMBO has remarked the 18" wheels are a biatch to keep clean due to road conditions and obviously brake dust, could you advise a solution which would help to keep them clean or at least protect them?

Many thanks

Allan :cool2:

#9 ·
dorsetred said:
Blackroc said:
Dan116i said:
Cheers, found it :) How long does it last?
All wheel waxes will last 4-6 months off two coats :)
Hi James

We've got an MY14 2 Series Active Tourer M Sport and despite the car having been detailed SWMBO has remarked the 18" wheels are a biatch to keep clean due to road conditions and obviously brake dust, could you advise a solution which would help to keep them clean or at least protect them?

Many thanks

Allan :cool2:
Hi Allan - hope you are good fella :) Protecting them is a very good start as it stops the dust from bonding directly with the wheel, this of course makes them much easier to clean too. Its not a 'never ending solution' of course - as you will need to reapply the wax every 3-4 months.

You need to give the wheels a very good deep clean in the first place (to remove the ingrained fallout and brake dust) - CarChem Revolt is perfect at this (and highly recommended by LOADS of customers!)

This is the 500ml version - its also available in 1lt and 5lt versions:

Its expensive - but it creates an almost touchless wash

Then you need to dry and seal the wheels:

2 coats of this is perfect

It can be used on tail pipes too to help stop carbon marking the tips :)

PM me if you need anything else :D

#13 ·
Sonax BSD is a good one for alloys also, i use it after ive cleaned the car, there is no effort in cleaning the wheels as you are creating a barrier every time you clean your car.

You can also apply some PB wheel sealant every 3 month after a deep clean.

#14 ·
Blackroc said:
Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine is fantastic value at around £8, but it's hard to find these days (check Amazon)

Failing that - the Angelwax Billberry I sell is fantastic, smells amazing but coats more. If you do order it, I have a 200ml available for the 100ml size ;)

Hi mate, are you still selling this stuff? If so how much?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.