Baby BMW Forum banner

Need a new karcher Power Washer

10K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  AdamHarbour 
#1 ·
After about 10 Years of use the K2.150 has died :) so i want a new karcher power washer as i have loads of attachments. Its mainly used for snow foam, so I'm looking at the different ranges and the real difference in power. Would snow foam benefit from the extra power? i suppose the rinsing side would. Any help would be great :)

#2 ·
#3 ·
Dan116i said:
After about 10 Years of use the K2.150 has died
What's failed? When mine went (admittedly not a Karcher), I decided to pull it apart, and managed to get it working again (it had jammed, and the pump ran, but nothing came out so it overheated and kept cutting out - turned out to be grit that had got in through the broken inlet filter which shook out easily, and I had a spare filter from my dishwasher hose). Nothing ventured, and all that. Has now lasted another two years and still going strong.

(I cant offer any advice in response to your original question though).

#4 ·
Pump. Tried everything and it's a no go. Needed updating anyway as the plastic hose thread was really worn and didn't hold the hose that well anymore.

#7 ·
Can someone confirm the attachments thing :( don't want to find out the hard way. Just want a pressure washer that cleans the car well :)

#9 ·
Peraonally Dan IMO, you need to look at the flow of water, you can have as much pressure as you like. But without the flo of water being at a decent satisfactory level for you, the bar of pressure may be pointless.

Good luck with finding one! Let us know how you get on. I spoke to James a few days out about a handheld pump lance as I've just upgrade the stero etc to apline. So I'm skint.. But I'm also after one!

Josh.

#11 ·
HI Dan, what did you end up then? Mine died on me today :(

I'm looking at the K4 from the refurb site, I assume you can get snow lances for these?

#13 ·
Cheers Dan, looking at the K4 as well now...

So many options, has anyone used the patio attachment? We normally just jet wash which gets the grim everywhere.

#14 ·
I got the full size K4 a few months ago for £130 at Halfrauds (offer was only on for a short while) - the difference in snow volume compared to the entry level K is quite surprising, it's bloody Xmas wonderland now, kids stop to marvel etc... Patio attachment is a must, it makes the job 3 times quicker (not on the car obviously) yet contains the muck.

#15 ·
nickfrog said:
I got the full size K4 a few months ago for £130 at Halfrauds (offer was only on for a short while) - the difference in snow volume compared to the entry level K is quite surprising, it's bloody Xmas wonderland now, kids stop to marvel etc... Patio attachment is a must, it makes the job 3 times quicker (not on the car obviously) yet contains the muck.
Thank you, K4 it is with the patio attachment...

#16 ·
Well, I did get the K4 with the patio attachment. Patio now clean, I wonder if I can use the same attachment to clean the car :wink:

I got it from the outlet place mentioned previously, so thank you for the heads up.

I must say, compared to our old Karcher this one is really quiet as well.

#21 ·
#22 ·
#23 ·
#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.