Baby BMW Forum banner

What are peoples favourite air-fresheners?

20K views 49 replies 42 participants last post by  GeoMcc 
#1 ·
I know this isn't the most exciting topic in the world but I've yet to find a decent air-freshener that I like.

Years ago I bought some Chemical guys "New Car Scent" which I loved but when that ran out and I replaced it it turned out CG had changed the formula and it's now completely different.

So what do you guys use?

#27 ·
Yep another cali scents fan here as well, you cant beat them for the strength and sheer length of time they last, even when you think they have finished I still get passangers get in the car that say what a lovely smell :lol2: collardo cherry I think it is ?

black ice magic tree is lovely but lasts just a few days mind you I always fully unwrap it but find you have to anyway to get any strength out off it.

#28 ·
samharris26 said:
They sent me a free one a while back

This scent isn't yet out in bottle format, but been told it should be in a couple of weeks, slightly dubious as it's going to be called graphite, and thats far from what I would have said it smelt like!
My company (Car Air Freshener Shop now Custom Freshener Co.) manufactured these for Waxybox.

So unless they're wizards, I'm not sure they'll get it exactly the same without a good liquid fragrance sample to work from. Still, glad to hear you liked them! :)

I've been working with air freshener a for a while and I've sniffed plenty!

My absolute favourite for me has to be Autosmart Berry Blast or Cool Blast.

They both smell awesome and for aerosols they hang around in the car for a week or more. The can will also last forever!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

#35 ·
Generally speaking I hate all car fresheners, finding them either too overpowering or just generally unpleasantly scented.

This is about the only one I enjoy (no I don't smoke in my car). It's reasonably subtle, not sickly sweet and doesn't overpower you in a car that's been standing in the sun for a while. I just leave it on the lowest scent setting.

#38 ·
Chemical Guys stripper scent is good. Inspired Automotive also have a good range of spray air fresheners that last ages! however i find the auto glym hanging air fresheners to be the best all rounder as far as smell, longivity and strength. Whenever i detail/valet cars they always get positive feedback!

Liam

#40 ·
Joe said:
How do you use those? ok ok, a stupid question, but don't they say to open the cellophane packaging and just poke a bit of the freshener out? I always just take all the packaging off. Saying that, its years since I used one.

Recently bought this from Halfrauds to go in the cup holder. Didn't quite think it through, cos I use the cupholder for more important things....like McDonalds cups of Coffee (obviously!) so I put it in the armrest cupholder which is covered up....and therefore I don't smell it at all!

#41 ·
ihadablackdog said:
Joe said:
How do you use those? ok ok, a stupid question, but don't they say to open the cellophane packaging and just poke a bit of the freshener out? I always just take all the packaging off. Saying that, its years since I used one.

Recently bought this from Halfrauds to go in the cup holder. Didn't quite think it through, cos I use the cupholder for more important things....like McDonalds cups of Coffee (obviously!) so I put it in the armrest cupholder which is covered up....and therefore I don't smell it at all!
Thats correct you cut the v shape at the top and pull out part of the tree, then pull a bit more each week, but the look stupid hanging with a bag on so as everyone does, pul it off have very strong smell for a few days then it dies off ....

#42 ·
rydale13 said:
samharris26 said:
They sent me a free one a while back

This scent isn't yet out in bottle format, but been told it should be in a couple of weeks, slightly dubious as it's going to be called graphite, and thats far from what I would have said it smelt like!
My company (Car Air Freshener Shop now Custom Freshener Co.) manufactured these for Waxybox.

So unless they're wizards, I'm not sure they'll get it exactly the same without a good liquid fragrance sample to work from. Still, glad to hear you liked them! :)
Havent been on for a while sorry!

Got anything thats similar to this?!

#44 ·
What a bunch of girly wooses (no offense ladies).

Cant go wrong filling the car with JP-8 fumes; find the nearest airfield, drop the windows and inhale.

#50 ·
I had berry ones for a while, the net bag of beads you just chuck under the seat, but it would be a bit heavy when new.

I have a febreze one on the vent at the moment, but I think it's pretty much empty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.