Baby BMW Forum banner

Polishing Stainless Steel Exhaust

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Sonic1506 
#1 ·
What's the best stuff to use? I used to use Autogylm Metal Polish when I had polished TT Comps on my Ibiza but not sure if I can use this on my exhaust tail pipes?

#3 ·
Anish1993 said:
Loool polishing away already.. [emoji23]

Will auto sol not suffice?
I like a clean car ;).

Not a fan of Auto Sol. Tons of people rave about it but I think it's rubbish compared to Autoglym Metal Polish. When I used it on my comps it dimmed the metal and didn't give it as good a polish/shine compared to Autoglym. Meguiars Metal Polish is also good.

Just not sure if I can use Megs/Autoglym on my SS Exhaust/Tips or if there is something better out there.

#5 ·
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does the job for me, diesel with no DPF so use it quite a lot but seems to last for ages and makes it look good as new :)

I think its like £3-5 in any supermarket :thumbs:

#6 ·
Megs Metal Polish will be fine. You'll need to give it a few polishes and will start coming up nicely. Just remember to flip the cloth and use a clean side every time you buff the polish off.

It smells great too :bigsmile:

#7 ·
Autosol is too abrasive and cuts back too much, hence the dull polished look.

#9 ·
Britemax twins for me. Awesome cleaning power

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.