Baby BMW Forum banner

Finally bought a foam lance

7K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  gregk286 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I've only ever used Valet Pro PH Neutral Snow Foam in mine, it works for me so I've not looked any further. Clings well and does as good of a job as snow foam will to remove loose nasties.
I've also got some VP citrus pre wash which I either use on its own through it or add a bit to the snow foam mix to add a bit more cleaning power.
I get mine from my local detailers shopnshine.co.uk

#3 ·
I usually use valet pro ph neutral also as it performs well and is good vfm.

I tried Auto Finesse avalanche which was really disappointing, barely any foam and just fell of the car in seconds.

I'm now on Bilt Hamber auto foam which is OK but again not much foam but decent cleaning power.

Will probably go back to VP ph neutral

#6 ·
Bilt Hamber Auto foam isn't amazing but I am using about 3 inches in the bottom with warm water to dilute. More liquid = thicker foam lol

Got VP citrus pre wash also but it really does depend on what sealant/wax you have already.

Decent sealant = foam will work well

Rubbish protection = dirt doesn't shift even with both foams used one after the other.

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net

#7 ·
Cool I'll give it a go. Owning a black car now I'm paranoid about swirling! Getting all new gear and buckets ect. Then want to get a good few layers of polish on it. I've never waxed and polished so need to invest in a good wax too.

#8 ·
Poor bouys natty wax or auto glym hd wax are very good plus poor bouys black hole is the best thing for covering swirls without using a polisher. I'm on my second bottle of black hole and it's brilliant.

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net

#9 ·
Black hole is good but remember it's a glaze full of fillers. Always better to polish out the swirls rather than try and hide them.

#10 ·
I use Auto finesse Avalanche and I think it's great, the cleaning power is one of the best I've used its just a shame it's not the thickest foam out there. However I use a TFR pre wash before snowfoam so I normally just use snowfoam to satisfy my immaturity and OCD :D

PB black hole is great for hiding swirls if you're not experienced enough to machine polish the swirls out, plus with it being black and a daily driver it will just end up swirled again so if you're not looking for a show car I'd just use a glaze like black hole [emoji4]

Also Autoglym HD wax and PB natty waxes are good but there's a lot better out there imo

#13 ·
Woody95 said:
And how's the OP going to do that when they've never even waxed or polished before...? So it'd be better to learn how to glaze and fill them whilst researching how to polish the swirls out and saving for a machine polisher.
Exactly - you've just said how they're going to do it..... Research it :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

My point was even after a polish it still gives a much deeper black - it doesnt need to be used just to fill swirls

#15 ·
Yeah but you can't exactly learn overnight how to polish swirl marks out, it takes quite a lot of practice and how do you know the OP can afford to buy all the gear? I know I couldn't when I'd spent all my money on the car. So it'd be better to fill them for now whilst trying to learn how to polish them out so the car will still look great even though to swirls are still there...

#16 ·
Joe said:
Woody95 said:
And how's the OP going to do that when they've never even waxed or polished before...? So it'd be better to learn how to glaze and fill them whilst researching how to polish the swirls out and saving for a machine polisher.
I've polished many times.
Sorry I read your other post as 'I've never waxed or polished' not waxed and polished [emoji45]

#17 ·
Woody95 said:
Joe said:
Woody95 said:
I've polished many times.
Sorry I read your other post as 'I've never waxed or polished' not waxed and polished [emoji45]
Yeah I didn't word it too well. I meant I've never done both together. Always just done 2/3 costs of SRP.

#18 ·
If you've used SRP before then AG EGP over the top of that is really nice too.

My process is normally megs 205 on a DA polisher, followed by Blackhole, followed by a nice wax. Gives a really deep black. SRP would do the job by hand, and contains lots of filers anyway.

#19 ·
I only use about an inch of snowfoam and add a bit of shampoo to the bottle as well, then fill with water.

SRP gives quite good results but I like 3M ultrafina. Easier than SRP by hand or machine. It breaks down really nicely with a DA. The first coat of it on the 1er was easily visible and it made the paint slick to the touch as well - quite impressive for brand new paint.

Using bilt hamber double speed wax at the moment. £15 with an applicator and buffing microfiber you can't go wrong.

#20 ·
Well i bought my power washer and snow foam and lance.....and i am a bit dissapointed at it..... ...or am i using it wrong???? I would normally power wash the car get all the thick grime off it, then use the snowfoam...Autobrites 1....leave it to soak and all just about run off the car ...then power wash it again...but it does nt get the car totally clean...I then have to go over with wash mit and wash the whole car again...The car is white so i dont like any marks left on it as if i missed a spot...Is this the way the snowfoam works???

#21 ·
Its a pre-wash, not a replacement for contact wash. It will remove more than pressure washing alone meaning there will be less dirt on the surface of the paint for you to potentially inflict damage with during your contact wash.
BH Auto Foam is the best snow foam for cleaning power, but doesn't stick on the car / driveway for ages like shaving foam (if that's what you're into!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.