Baby BMW Forum banner

Bmw windscreen wash

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  shaqs77 
#1 ·
Hi,

Needing to purchase some bmw windscreen washer fluid but notice that the widely available concentrated stuff seems to be without antifreeze. Is this the recommended one to go for? Anyone had any issues in winter? Conscious of horror stories around blocked jets and non bmw products!

Cheers

#4 ·
I buy the 5 Litre Winter Concentrate, as it works out much more cost-effective than 5x 1L. However, it's worth it for me as we take the car down to the Alps in the winter and so need to fill the reservoir with a higher concentration than if we were just in the UK.

The part number is on the lower photo ('83 12 ..'). You may find that your dealer isn't very familiar with this size and won't have it in stock, as they prefer to stock and sell the 1L bottles. There's also a 25L container as well, but this is really for workshops.They ordered the 5L for me the first time 'round (after a lot of staring at the parts pages and "I didn't know we did it in that size ...") and now stock it, as they have a number of customers like me for whom it's more convenient and cost-effective.

#5 ·
msej449 said:
I buy the 5 Litre Winter Concentrate, as it works out much more cost-effective than 5x 1L. However, it's worth it for me as we take the car down to the Alps in the winter and so need to fill the reservoir with a higher concentration than if we were just in the UK.

The part number is on the lower photo ('83 12 ..'). You may find that your dealer isn't very familiar with this size and won't have it in stock, as they prefer to stock and sell the 1L bottles. There's also a 25L container as well, but this is really for workshops.They ordered the 5L for me the first time 'round (after a lot of staring at the parts pages and "I didn't know we did it in that size ...") and now stock it, as they have a number of customers like me for whom it's more convenient and cost-effective.
That's a good shout, cheers. Will make enquiries.
I have read that the vag screenwash is the same as bmw stuff so potentially another option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.