Baby BMW Forum banner

Fix Steering wheel scuff

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  midlifecrisis 
#1 ·
I had to put a crook lock on my steering wheel for a couple of months and when I took it off it had scraped the shiny top coat of the leather away .
Does anyone know of a product that I can use on the bare leather to get it shiny again ?
Maybe some kind of leather laquer ??

#2 ·
Yep, I've had this happen, although not through using a crook lock, and I just used a little spray of leather furniture polish which I then polished off and reapplied and polished off until the scuff was gone.

If using your crook lock again, I'd put a small piece of material, or cotton wool, under the clamps to save this happening again.

#3 ·
midlifecrisis said:
Yep, I've had this happen, although not through using a crook lock, and I just used a little spray of leather furniture polish which I then polished off and reapplied and polished off until the scuff was gone.

If using your crook lock again, I'd put a small piece of material, or cotton wool, under the clamps to save this happening again.
Thanks will give it a go , it's just as if a top gel cost has scuffed away so somehow need to try to replace it but have been suggested to try glipstone scuff master on my seat and expect that may help too.

Crook lock was only used while the car was off road , don't intend to use it again ..
Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.