Baby BMW Forum banner

Wheel cleaner

11K views 33 replies 31 participants last post by  moulin12 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Looking for a safe product to use on my 405m's.

Any recommendations?

Was thinking gtechniq iron out?

#7 ·
#8 ·
Autosmart Smartwheels is a good cleaner and can be diluted down quite well.

The best tip by a long way though is to remove your wheels and clean them thoroughly then apply a good wheel sealant, Gtechniq C5, Carpro Dlux, Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels etc....

After that, all you need is a shampoo mix to cleam them with.

The sealant is not cheap but will give you 12mths+ protection if, a big IF, you prep your wheels well before applying the sealant.

#14 ·
I cleaned mine using tar and glue remover. Clayed, polished and sealed (both with AG products) then coated with 3 coats of high temp wax. This was done 1 year ago. Never need to use anything other than Turtle wax body shampoo and wheel woolies. Still exceptionally clean on both inside and outside of wheels.

#21 ·
I would avoid all acidic or alkaline based cleaners if used regular as they will damage stuff over time.. They are ok for removing initial heavy grime but not regular use..If your wheels are lightly soiled i would use Rhino Goo it's what most in the MotoX world use to clean their dirty bikes with and is biodegradable,PH heutral and totally safe on wheels bodywork etc etc, a little agitation with a brush and they come up sparkling...

Be wary of regular use of IronX or fallout cleaners (they turn red/purple on contact) they maybe safe, PH neutral in the bottle but they turn locally acidic in an exothermic reaction when they hit metal or metal brake dust particles...Again OK for now and again but not regular use IMO...

i clean light soiling on mine with the Rhino Goo stuff but in a nutshell for regular light soiling cleaning you are looking for anything that says 100% "bio degradable" on the contents to be totally safe, no acidic,alkaline,fallout/IronX based cleaners will say this...

#23 ·
Valetpro bilberry for me, even diluted 1/10 it's pretty good, 1/2 ratio for heavy soiling. Worth applying a wheel sealant, makes life a lot easier. I use Poorboy's and once a clean is due, bilberry and pressure wash it off, don't really have to contact wash it and even if I do, soft mitt will do the trick.

#26 ·
Bilt Hamber Korrosol for me.

I give the wheels a good shampoo clean first so I'm not wasting money and then a blast with the BH.

If you don't mind wasting money and love to see the effect (devils blood 🩸) then straight with the BH for red wheels!

It stinks. Bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.