Recent Observations

Offer ideas and suggestions on how you think this forum can be improved.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Producethis, marco_polo, Lambster, Rich196

Simon Site Manager
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Recent Observations

Post by Simon Site Manager »

Octavius wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:52 pm
Simon Site Manager wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:13 pm Doc, less posting, less moderation. The Mods are on the ball tho' I reported two posts in the wrong section this morning, near enough instantaneously moved!
I think there’s only two active mods at the moment. Marco and the site owner.
Your right Octa, haven't seen Produce, Lamb or Rich posting in ages.
'17 M140i Estoril Blue Most of the toys. Every time I see an F40 it makes me :(
Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

For me that's half the issue, there is a lot that is out of date on here. I will probably get kicked off for saying it, but I don't think the forum is nurtured or looked after at all.

Other than Marco the other mods don't participate. The sponsors need urgent review as many are way out of date or no longer operate. The way the LSD thread was handled in Jan and Regal were suddenly "given" the job despite numerous unfinished conversations with other outlets really told the story for me about how this forum is run.

That said, I am sure it is tedious trying to manage a forum and having been a moderator on other sites including Pistonheads, there is no way I would ever do it again for love nor money. Thankless and time consuming task.
nivens
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by nivens »

You're moaning about fringe sections of the forum not being maintained to your liking and I take it a group buy wasn't run to your liking either. It's hardly wreck and ruin is it?
2005 E87 130i
Bilstein B12 Pro Kit - 135i backbox & resonator delete
Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Octavius »

Marco will also be moving on soon so let’s see what happens.
Dizeee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Dizeee »

nivens wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:20 pm You're moaning about fringe sections of the forum not being maintained to your liking and I take it a group buy wasn't run to your liking either. It's hardly wreck and ruin is it?
Oh... hello. Nice to meet you too.

As per the title, merely an observation on the forum. The group buy, I put a lot of my own time making contact with various companies such as Birds and others to see what prices were available. Before all of this groundwork was done, the topic was locked and Regal were declared the "people" that were going to do this work regardless.

They weren't the cheapest option, but all of that was swept under the carpet. Had I known that my efforts in trying to negotiate a decent deal were going to be wasted I wouldn't have bothered.

Wreck and ruin? Nobody said that.

Return to “Forum Ideas & Suggestions”