New 3 series.

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis, Lambster

K77LWS

Re: New 3 series.

Post by K77LWS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:17 am

Ezzra wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:01 am
talal wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:50 pm
does anyone know when the M340i will be open for orders? been waiting for ages but doesnt seem to be getting released...

looks like the right thing to swap my 440i for
Whisper is it wont be.
the latest is that July is likely to be start of production and deliveries estimated to be September but this still a moving timeline

330d and 330d xDrive are July with the 330e

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by OneTwenty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 am

BMW posted new M340i Touring pictures this morning and I must say, it looks impressive!! :)

They've gone more X3 around the rear windows.

Scuppered my car plans now as I said I was not going to buy another PCP/new car again. It's bound to arrive next October when my 240 PCP is up as well. :lol:
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 am

COMING SOON.
THE M340i xDRIVE TOURING.
Give practicality a power trip with the new BMW M340i xDrive Touring. It comes with an impressive combination of 374hp, an M TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder engine and perfectly tuned 8-speed M Sport transmission, and powers from 0 to 62mph in just 4.5 seconds.

66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

mehtaman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by mehtaman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:47 am

OneTwenty wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 am
COMING SOON.
Give practicality a power trip with the new BMW M340i xDrive Touring. It comes with an impressive combination of 374hp, an M TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder engine and perfectly tuned 8-speed M Sport transmission, and powers from 0 to 62mph in just 4.5 seconds.

Hoping someone specs a nice PCP one in 2020, so by 2023 (when my car is 10yrs old) I can trade in for a M340i Touring with lots of goodies :D
| Motech Eibach Pro | ITG Panel Filter | MHD Stage 2+ | xHP Stage 2 | PCW Exhaust | Wavetrac LSD | MP Airbox |
| Richter 200 Cell Sports Cat | MTC FMIC | BMS Charge Pipe | EBC Yellow | Forge Boost Pipe | TPi Spacers | GFB DV+ |

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:39 am

mehtaman wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:47 am
OneTwenty wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 am
COMING SOON.

Hoping someone specs a nice PCP one in 2020, so by 2023 (when my car is 10yrs old) I can trade in for a M340i Touring with lots of goodies :D
That will probably be me! :lol:

What options do you want, I can spec them for you ready for when you buy it in 2023? :mrgreen:

mehtaman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by mehtaman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 am

OneTwenty wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:39 am
That will probably be me! :lol:

What options do you want, I can spec them for you ready for when you buy it in 2023? :mrgreen:
Black on Black + Black Trim + Shadow Edition
"Winter Pack" - Heated Steering and Seats
"M Sport Plus" - Tinted Glass, HK Audio, Xenon, M Brakes etc
M Sport Adaptive Suspension
Nav / Media Pro / Apple CarPlay / Wireless Charging
Cruise control

A good £60k new :lol: ... mine for <£30k 3yrs later :roll:
| Motech Eibach Pro | ITG Panel Filter | MHD Stage 2+ | xHP Stage 2 | PCW Exhaust | Wavetrac LSD | MP Airbox |
| Richter 200 Cell Sports Cat | MTC FMIC | BMS Charge Pipe | EBC Yellow | Forge Boost Pipe | TPi Spacers | GFB DV+ |

talal
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by talal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:06 pm

bit odd that there are rumors it wont be released in the uk... will be gutted if it isn't iv not seen a single other car that i want to replace my 440i with...

if They are doing builds in July wouldn't the orders have to be open now?
BMW 440i - carbon black - great machine!
Audi S5 Sportback - Chav white - All the toys and massive red bucket seats - gone
Audi S4 Avant - Midnight blue - Lots of Toys (died)
BMW 130i LE No Mods Great as standard! - Now sadly gone...

lukas
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by lukas » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:56 am
lukas wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:11 pm
FWIW I got a 330i anyway. It's a cracking car.
Congrats. What did it replace? What do you like and dislike about it so far?
Thanks. It actually replaced a 1.4 Golf, which was an kind of an interim car after a run of BMW's: 120d (05), 325i (08), 320d (10), and Mrs has a X1 20d.

So the car is a 330i M Sport Mineral Grey with sun protection glass, heated wheel, and driving assistant professional.

It's only my opinion but it is a very nice looking car, well proportioned, modern, and even the standard M Sport wheels which I wasn't sure about have really grown on me.

I'm still in the running in period but it initially has all the torque of a 320d, but then where a diesel would run out of steam it's just getting into its stride. Its the fastest car i've owned and it feels it. I would very rarely be able to use the extra performance of the M340i on the road so dont feel like im missing out.

Engine/exhaust noise is good although theres clearly some fake noise going on and it would be nice to be able to turn it off if only to know how fake it is. Nice cold start noise makes me glad im not in a diesel every time i start it up.

In my opinion it handles better than any of my previous BMWs.

I got the driving assistant because i wanted active cruise control, and its disappointing that you have to get an M Sport and spend nearly £2K on the driving assistant package just to get an option that is standard on many basic VAG cars. It works well and the active steering is a bonus particularly in traffic where you can sit there and let it follow the car in front.

Heated steering wheel is a great value option.

Theres not a lot im not happy with. The Apple Carplay constantly drops connection so i've had to turn it off, although not sure if i would use it much anyway, but still poor. Really wish the right hand scroll wheel on the steering wheel controlled the volume rather than a rarely used menu. Other than that would not hesitate to recommend.

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:46 pm

Packages are a curse of WLPT. A few months ago you could option any X3 or 3-Series with Adaptive suspension for just £500. That is no longer possible. Now you must spend £2,000 on the M-Sport Package and an additional £2,000 on the M-Sport Plus package to get adaptive suspension.

A La Carte factory builds have taken a huge punch in the gut now that a few other others have been packaged.

How are you finding the ride quality?
Cars:
-M140i SE, 5d, White, MP LSD, Adaptive Suspension, Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, Front&Rear PDC, Reversing Camera

-X3 20i M-Sport, Adaptive Suspenion, Pro Nav, Icon Headlights, Parking Assist Plus, Power Folding Mirrors

lukas
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by lukas » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:55 pm

It’s certainly a firm ride, but I’ve got no problem with it, it still feels refined. Doesn’t have that harsh edge that some older BMW’s I’ve driven have had.

Fees very flat under cornering and braking, which is good.

If you’re looking for something that floats over potholes then this isn’t it, but it smooths out smaller imperfections fine.

Adaptive wasn’t an option for me due to cost, but I’m happy without it.

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:11 pm

I’m interested to see what the rear suspension set up is like on the new 3er.
They revised it on the F30 Lci to make it more compliant so I wonder if it’s been improved again.
Glacier Silver 320d lci M Sport.

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 am

Octavius wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:11 pm
I’m interested to see what the rear suspension set up is like on the new 3er.
They revised it on the F30 Lci to make it more compliant so I wonder if it’s been improved again.
I doubt it. The new firmer ride is intentional as BMW are dialing up the 3-Series positioning as a sport sedan. Less "Joy" and more ultimate driving machine.

The same is true for the X2 which handles well because of the unappologetically firm ride. It's not a negative as there are other beemers to choose from if you like a but more comfort.

M-Sport accounts for 80% of 3-Serie sales in the UK. BMW UK haven't even bothered bringing over the luxury tirm.
Cars:
-M140i SE, 5d, White, MP LSD, Adaptive Suspension, Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, Front&Rear PDC, Reversing Camera

-X3 20i M-Sport, Adaptive Suspenion, Pro Nav, Icon Headlights, Parking Assist Plus, Power Folding Mirrors

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:14 pm

What’s that biddy little spoiler thingy on the boot lid of the saloon :shock:
Glacier Silver 320d lci M Sport.

SamM140
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SamM140 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:34 pm

I quite like these, other than the grille. I’ve only seen a white one in the flesh and the big black grille really really stood out. However, the rest of the car looked good and the interior is a step on from the F3x although I’m not a an of the new steering wheel.

A 340 touring would be fab though for carting the dog and mountain bikes about.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Plus my other half’s 2007 116 cheapy project

mehtaman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by mehtaman » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:27 am

Return to “Other Cars”