Car stolen

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

mitford
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Car stolen

Post by mitford » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:45 am

We were at a wedding, 4 blokes broke into our house at 7pm and stole my daughters new A class only 2months old. I think they wanted all three cars but couldn’t find mine and the Mrs 120d and polo GTI keys as she put them in the safe. They didn’t take anything else even £50 cash next to the car keys. Police not interested in tracking it as it’s not a life threatening situation. My daughter can still see the milage going up on her Mercedes me app 500 miles since Friday. Absolute scum. Luckily no one was in including the dog god knows what they would’ve done.

https://www.facebook.com/10003278163297 ... 63?sfns=mo
F20 120d xdrive auto alpine white, interior comfort pack, adaptive suspension, sun protection glass, ferric grey alloys, active cruise controll, front & rear parking sensors

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Car stolen

Post by OneTwenty » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:35 am

Sorry to read this, absolute scumbags!! :(
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 am

Nightmare. :(

They do like to break in looking for fobs, your Mrs' Safe sounds like it's paid for itself.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

50pence
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by 50pence » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:56 am

Much as I like our cars, I wouldn't put the keys in a safe. I'd rather they grabbed the car keys and took the car(s) than trashed the house looking for the car keys or something else they can sell on.
F20 M135i LCi, auto, adaptive suspension, adaptive LED h/l + HB assist, h/seats, c/pack, elec folding mirrors etc
F55 Mini Cooper, man, LED h/l + HB assist, h/seats, head-up display, active cruise, XL nav, elec folding mirrors etc

mitford
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by mitford » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:22 am

50pence wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:56 am
Much as I like our cars, I wouldn't put the keys in a safe. I'd rather they grabbed the car keys and took the car(s) than trashed the house looking for the car keys or something else they can sell on.
The police said to us if your at home leave the keys in the keys downstairs if your our put them away. What the fish is this country coming to. We’ve got cameras I’m going to get a couple more and also looking at an alarm system with shock sensors on the windows and we’re changing the glass downstairs to laminated toughened glass
F20 120d xdrive auto alpine white, interior comfort pack, adaptive suspension, sun protection glass, ferric grey alloys, active cruise controll, front & rear parking sensors

SamM140
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by SamM140 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:08 pm

That’s sh*t news. Hope it all gets sorted for her.
2019 M140 Shadow Edition

Plus my other half’s 2007 116 cheapy project

Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 am

I am disgusted that the police are not pursuing this as a crime. One is almost better of spending more money on gap insurance than alarms and cameras.
Cars:
-19' M140i SE, AW, MP LSD, Birds B1 Suspension(Adaptive delete), Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, F&R PDC, Rev.Camera

-19' X3 20i M-Sport, Adaptive Suspenion, Pro Nav, Icon Headlights, Parking Assist Plus, Power Folding Mirrors

mitford
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by mitford » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 am
I am disgusted that the police are not pursuing this as a crime. One is almost better of spending more money on gap insurance than alarms and cameras.
I know mate, they are thinly spread but something that can easily be tracked it just seems bizarre that no ones interested, if things like this are not going to be pursued then where is the deterrent? even if the insurance company employed someone and recovered 1 or two cars a year that would more than cover the wages.

Luckily she has gap insurance, having said that her car insurance they've said its new for old and yesterday they called her and said its now with a different department who are looking at either a cash settlement or replacement car

Comingoutsideways
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Comingoutsideways » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:39 pm

mitford wrote:
50pence wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:56 am
The police said to us if your at home leave the keys in the keys downstairs if your our put them away. What the fish is this country coming to. We’ve got cameras I’m going to get a couple more and also looking at an alarm system with shock sensors on the windows and we’re changing the glass downstairs to laminated toughened glass
I've been looking at that 3M window film stuff you put on the glass to stop the glass just shattering, looks good stuff. Back to the OP though - glad everyone was ok and not in.

Sent using Tapatalk

racey1979
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by racey1979 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:41 am

mitford wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:45 am
We were at a wedding, 4 blokes broke into our house at 7pm and stole my daughters new A class only 2months old. I think they wanted all three cars but couldn’t find mine and the Mrs 120d and polo GTI keys as she put them in the safe. They didn’t take anything else even £50 cash next to the car keys. Police not interested in tracking it as it’s not a life threatening situation. My daughter can still see the milage going up on her Mercedes me app 500 miles since Friday. Absolute scum. Luckily no one was in including the dog god knows what they would’ve done.

Any update on this mate ?
F22 67 M240i MG, Coral, Birds B2, MP Kit, HK, Pro Media
E91 59 335d Space Grey Emaps 350 BHP 710 nm (hers)
E46 02 325ti Compact - Sold
E46 01 330ci Coupe - Sold
Renault Clio 16 Valve
Citroen AX GTI - Saxo VTS Engined Money Pit - “Gone” :wink:

mitford
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by mitford » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:31 pm

racey1979 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:41 am
mitford wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:45 am

Any update on this mate ?
Car was found last week in Hampshire (we live in Surrey on the Surrey/Hampshire border)in good condition but they’d done 4000 miles in 3 weeks considering the car only had 500 miles when they took it. Luckily the insurance are still going to replace it with a new car. Only trouble is Mercedes have changed the spec as of December builds and it’s not for the better so we are looking at upgrading to AMG line trim.

There has been loads of break ins/stolen cars in and around this area of late and some footage which looks like the same people

Return to “Other Cars”