GR Yaris

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: Lambster, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo, babybmwadmin

Justchris17
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: GR Yaris

Post by Justchris17 »

Mucus wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm I'd be putting my money on the Yaris over the M2 on a typical UK A or B road. Particularly if it's damp or wet. Incredible little car.
I’d be scared to push the M2 in the wet but I’m not a driving god
2010 N55 135i, Manual, Metallic sapphire black, Coral red leather

2009 Mazda6 TS2 Estate for the dog/tip
markm240i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markm240i »

I've had one for nearly a month. It's a great little car and made for typical less than perfect A and B roads.

Or at least it was until this happened yesterday..
TyreFFS.jpg
TyreFFS.jpg (231.27 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Curent - Toyota GR Yaris Circuit Pack
Justchris17
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Justchris17 »

markm240i wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:48 pm I've had one for nearly a month. It's a great little car and made for typical less than perfect A and B roads.

TyreFFS.jpg
Ouch how the hell did you manage that?
2010 N55 135i, Manual, Metallic sapphire black, Coral red leather

2009 Mazda6 TS2 Estate for the dog/tip
markm240i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markm240i »

Justchris17 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:42 pm
markm240i wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:48 pm I've had one for nearly a month. It's a great little car and made for typical less than perfect A and B roads.

TyreFFS.jpg
Just a puncture whilst driving. It deflated very quickly so something like a large screw or bolt must have created a lot of damage. Fortunately the wheel is undamaged and after being transported to my local dealer they've found another MPS4S and all is good to go when I pick it up tomorrow morning.
Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Twenny »

Justchris17 wrote:I’m not a driving god
Nobody is.

The difference is, you have the brains and common sense to admit your driving limitations. Have to admire that. It’s what will keep you safer, and also anyone else on the road.

Sadly, many of us (myself included) have this belief that god like abilities were bestowed upon us. And Sport + is no match for our superior abilities. Oh how wrong we are. Unfortunately, it takes an avoidable crash (usually sideways coming off a roundabout in sport +) for the macho bullshit to be forgotten and realise what a c**t you really are.

There are no driving gods, only disillusioned morons. Ask me how I know.

2018 F80 M3CP San Marino - not yet crashed
2017 F80 M3CP Silverstone II - crashed

2010 E82 125i Black - sold
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60951
swanny71
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by swanny71 »

Cookiemonster1 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:57 am Has anyone actually made the switch yet? I'm tempted to switch the 240i for one (well, with the years waiting list nearly) but i've struggled to find any direct comparisons
Mine is due end of May - I’m still undecided as to whether to take it. Test drive finally happened last week and it was good but not a revelation (I must have this car type of feeling).
Current: M135i manual, Cayman R
Previous: 1M, 130i, Exige V6, TVR's, e90 M3, 156 GTA, 182 Trophy, 306 GTi-6 + others (some crap, some not so crap)
Mucus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Mucus »

Twenny wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 am
Nobody is.

The difference is, you have the brains and common sense to admit your driving limitations. Have to admire that. It’s what will keep you safer, and also anyone else on the road.

Sadly, many of us (myself included) have this belief that god like abilities were bestowed upon us. And Sport + is no match for our superior abilities. Oh how wrong we are. Unfortunately, it takes an avoidable crash (usually sideways coming off a roundabout in sport +) for the macho bullshit to be forgotten and realise what a c**t you really are.

And yet if I'd said this about you, id have been banned :D
18 yo Suzuki Jimny with two muddy dogs in the back 8)

Cayman GT4 (981C) tucked away
markm240i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markm240i »

markm240i wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm

TyreFFS.jpg
Just a puncture whilst driving. It deflated very quickly so something like a large screw or bolt must have created a lot of damage. Fortunately the wheel is undamaged and after being transported to my local dealer they've found another MPS4S and all is good to go when I pick it up tomorrow morning.
I went to collect the car this morning and checked the new tyre. They have fitted an MPS4 instead of the correct MPS4S, so I'm now rocking around in a Yaris Hybrid until they can get the correct tyre. Why are main dealers so incompetent?
Cookiemonster1

Post by Cookiemonster1 »

markm240i wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:34 am

I went to collect the car this morning and checked the new tyre. They have fitted an MPS4 instead of the correct MPS4S, so I'm now rocking around in a Yaris Hybrid until they can get the correct tyre. Why are main dealers so incompetent?
Nice to know it's not just a BMW thing!
Twenny

Post by Twenny »

Mucus wrote:
Nobody is.

But I said this about myself. You can’t be banned for self effacing can you?

I wouldn’t be so idiotic to direct that at an individual. And neither would you.

If I said that to anyone directly I’d expect a smack in the face. And so would you. So would anyone.

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty »

My experience of main dealers has mostly been positive from a service point of view, however I just don't think many of the people working at main dealers, from technicians to sales people are actually "car guys". They tend to know much less about cars, engines, and things like tyres than we (enthusiasts) do so you often end up having to correct them a lot of the time!! :lol:

Especially the sales people!!

If you're a petrolhead you know the difference between something like a PS4 and a PS4S, but if you're not really into cars you just think they are the same.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise
markm240i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markm240i »

OneTwenty wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:24 pm

My experience of main dealers has mostly been positive from a service point of view, however I just don't think many of the people working at main dealers, from technicians to sales people are actually "car guys". They tend to know much less about cars, engines, and things like tyres than we (enthusiasts) do so you often end up having to correct them a lot of the time!! :lol:

Especially the sales people!!

If you're a petrolhead you know the difference between something like a PS4 and a PS4S, but if you're not really into cars you just think they are the same.
I totally get that, but in the case of the GR Yaris Toyota make a big deal about the circuit pack getting light weight forged alloys and MPS4S tyres whereas the standard and convenience pack get cast alloys and Dunlop tyres. You would think that inputting the VIN would spit out the correct part/tyre to order.

In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal so no point getting upset about it and they have now located the correct tyre for tomorrow. Fingers crossed :-)
Mucus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Mucus »

Twenny wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:55 pm
Mucus wrote:

Nobody is.

I wouldn’t be so idiotic to direct that at an individual. And neither would you.

If I said that to anyone directly I’d expect a smack in the face. And so would you. So would anyone.

No, no. I meant me saying it about you! :D

Twenny

Post by Twenny »

Mucus wrote:
Mucus wrote:

Nah. You wouldn’t get banned. Truth hurts Image

Only if I complained. That would be a first Image

And then I’d have to convince admin I’m not a tit. I don’t see that going well, the evidence is damning!!!

Mucus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Mucus »

Twenny wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:57 pm
Mucus wrote:

Nah. You wouldn’t get banned. Truth hurts Image

Only if I complained. That would be a first Image

And then I’d have to convince admin I’m not a tit. I don’t see that going well, the evidence is damning!!!

All good points. Especially the last one :lol:

Return to “Other Cars”