Well my Evoque didn't last long...

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Producethis, marco_polo, Lambster, Rich196

mrash
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Well my Evoque didn't last long...

Post by mrash »

As some of you may know I purchased an Evoque back in May. It was a 2019 HSE, for which I paid the princely sum of £35k for, with just 6k miles on the clock, from a main dealer. I px'd my 320d M-sport plus for this car.

Loved the comfort, but hated the Diesel engine and missed my mk7.5 golf GTi that I sold to get the more economical 320d..

I test drove the mk8 gti while getting a figure for my Evoque from webuyanycar, which I was offered £36k initially. Bonus I thought, I had put 6k miles on it and gained £1k in the process... anyway, didn't really like the mk8 GTi, but a couple of weeks later checked the value of my Evoque again... £37.5k.

Went to look at the 128ti, loved the looks, but it hurt my back as much as my 3 series so decided against it..

Another week passes and webuyanycar now offered me £39k. So, with the fact it had a £600 service coming up, and id get a refund on the road tax, it pushed my on a very low cost to change to get into... a Tesla Model 3. Test drove one, and upon leaving the car and walking into the "showroom", id made the decision to buy providing I can get one quick enough.

Deposit paid and I take delivery next week.

Monday this week I put my reg details in to webuyanycar again, and yup, went up to £40k, with now 8k miles put on it since May.

Absolute no brainer for me.. I know, I know, webuyanycar are not the most reputable, and they always knock money off etc but I thought I would chance it.

Took it for inspection Tuesday morning, and they knocked £200 off for a couple of stone chips and a scratch (which I had missed). Did the paperwork and money in my account the next day. The process was brilliant.
So, now I am looking forward to taking delivery of my Tesla!

How long I will keep the Tesla for is anyones guess :lol:
please take time to just ask someone how they are. Kindness costs nothing, but means everything.
camelsac

Re: Well my Evoque didn't last long...

Post by camelsac »

mrash wrote:As some of you may know I purchased an Evoque back in May. It was a 2019 HSE, for which I paid the princely sum of £35k for, with just 6k miles on the clock, from a main dealer. I px'd my 320d M-sport plus for this car.

Loved the comfort, but hated the Diesel engine and missed my mk7.5 golf GTi that I sold to get the more economical 320d..

I test drove the mk8 gti while getting a figure for my Evoque from webuyanycar, which I was offered £36k initially. Bonus I thought, I had put 6k miles on it and gained £1k in the process... anyway, didn't really like the mk8 GTi, but a couple of weeks later checked the value of my Evoque again... £37.5k.

Went to look at the 128ti, loved the looks, but it hurt my back as much as my 3 series so decided against it..

Another week passes and webuyanycar now offered me £39k. So, with the fact it had a £600 service coming up, and id get a refund on the road tax, it pushed my on a very low cost to change to get into... a Tesla Model 3. Test drove one, and upon leaving the car and walking into the "showroom", id made the decision to buy providing I can get one quick enough.

Deposit paid and I take delivery next week.

Monday this week I put my reg details in to webuyanycar again, and yup, went up to £40k, with now 8k miles put on it since May.

Absolute no brainer for me.. I know, I know, webuyanycar are not the most reputable, and they always knock money off etc but I thought I would chance it.

Took it for inspection Tuesday morning, and they knocked £200 off for a couple of stone chips and a scratch (which I had missed). Did the paperwork and money in my account the next day. The process was brilliant.
So, now I am looking forward to taking delivery of my Tesla!

How long I will keep the Tesla for is anyones guess :lol:
Blimey! Talk about going around the houses to buy a car! Bit surprised at test driving a mk8 GTi and then buying a Tesla! Just my own opinion but I really can’t see anything to like about them but each to their own - hope you like it when it turns up! Car prices are daft at the moment. My Golf R that I had was worth £15k last year on a trade in - two months ago, I sold it for £18.5k. Bought myself an 8 month old M440 two months ago that was absolutely loaded as it was a launch model for £47k. WBAC are offering £49,625. Crazy market and it won’t be improving anytime soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mrash

Post by mrash »

To be honest I surprised myself... I went to test drive the GTi with every intention of buying it, the Tesla test drive was more out of curiosity but ended up buying that instead.. :lol:
please take time to just ask someone how they are. Kindness costs nothing, but means everything.
OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty »

Good result!
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M | MST Intake

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise
marco_polo

Post by marco_polo »

Interesting. Are you having a decent charger fitted at home?

I have to street-park, charging issues are the only obstacle stopping me switching.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Currently saving up for some Pork....
WannabeaQuandt
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by WannabeaQuandt »

Congrats. Drove a performance model 3 last year and was very impressed.
The internet told me it’s impossible to figure everything out and it’s made out of cheese but that was simply not the case. The screen is incredible and quite intuitive once you get your head round the main functions and the general quality was very impressive.
Great cars and the only choice for me if going electric, mainly because of the charging infrastructure and interior.
Did you go for a standard range?
Previous - E87 118d M Sport SB. F20 M140i SE AW.
Current - F20 M140i SE MG.
nickfrog

Post by nickfrog »

Awesome. So that's £5k net profit for having the use of a car for 6 months / 8k miles as I assume the price of the Tesla didn't go up in the interim. I like that.
Current
M2 2017 manual
Previous
Megane RS 280 Cup
Megane RS Cup-S 275
M135i LCI 3-dr, manual
Toyota GT86
E82 125i on 130i power+brakes
mrash

Post by mrash »

nickfrog wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:11 pm Awesome. So that's £5k net profit for having the use of a car for 6 months / 8k miles as I assume the price of the Tesla didn't go up in the interim. I like that.
Nope, the cost of a new one stayed the same. Also, delivery in 2 weeks from day of order.
WannabeaQuandt wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:26 am Congrats. Drove a performance model 3 last year and was very impressed.
The internet told me it’s impossible to figure everything out and it’s made out of cheese but that was simply not the case. The screen is incredible and quite intuitive once you get your head round the main functions and the general quality was very impressive.
Great cars and the only choice for me if going electric, mainly because of the charging infrastructure and interior.
Yes I went for the standard range. I do a 200 mile commute 3-4 times a month but as you say, it’s the infrastructure that makes it a breeze. I can add 70% batter in 20 mins on most superchargers now. I looked at the Ioniq 5 too, BUT, although they can fast charge, the infrastructure just isn’t there yet.

I too was impressed with quality etc hence I didn’t even have to think about it. Just ordered it.
mrash

Post by mrash »

marco_polo wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:20 am Interesting. Are you having a decent charger fitted at home?

I have to street-park, charging issues are the only obstacle stopping me switching.
Depends on your mileage.
There’s a free charger at my local Tesco. And a supercharger 10-15 mins away too. I’m holding off spending £700 on a wall charger right now as I’ll see how I get granny charging overnight.
marco_polo

Post by marco_polo »

My local Tesco has free chargers too, but they're limited to a few amps - barely enough to get you home from Tesco again!
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Currently saving up for some Pork....
mrash

Post by mrash »

Well 4 days into the Tesla and I’m impressed.
Drove home from Scotland, that would normally cost me around £28 in diesel, for the grand sum of £6 in electric. Then popped to tesco and they have a free 22kw charger. They also have a 50kw but that’s 26p per kwh. 40 mins in Tesco and I come back to an additional 60 miles.
Super quiet and the acceleration is brisk, all be if drama free.
Will be changing to a cheap overnight tariff at home to bring the cost down even more.
padders
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by padders »

mrash wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:01 pm
nickfrog wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:11 pm Awesome. So that's £5k net profit for having the use of a car for 6 months / 8k miles as I assume the price of the Tesla didn't go up in the interim. I like that.
Nope, the cost of a new one stayed the same. Also, delivery in 2 weeks from day of order.
WannabeaQuandt wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:26 am Congrats. Drove a performance model 3 last year and was very impressed.
Yes I went for the standard range. I do a 200 mile commute 3-4 times a month but as you say, it’s the infrastructure that makes it a breeze. I can add 70% batter in 20 mins on most superchargers now. I looked at the Ioniq 5 too, BUT, although they can fast charge, the infrastructure just isn’t there yet.

I too was impressed with quality etc hence I didn’t even have to think about it. Just ordered it.
Let’s hope you stay impressed with the quality, not everyone is, but coming from a JLR product you have had your expectations suitably managed so might do just fine.
Current: M240i in MG with Cognac interior, Pro Nav, HK, Adaptive Shocks, MP-LSD, Sunroof, Active Cruise, WiFi/CarPlay, PDC F&R, Folding mirrors etc
Also: 911-997 Gen 1 C2
Gone: 125d F20 high spec, 320d E91 Poverty spec, 230hp Turbo MX-5
mrash

Post by mrash »

Yeah the quality point is an interesting one. I have the facelift version that’s built in China and I must admit I was nervous.
However, paint quality seems as good as any car I’ve had, as do the panel gaps.
The only real disappointment is lack of Apple CarPlay.
It’s a very good compromise to be honest.
I had £40k to spend on a car and wanted performance, but also needed something with sensible running costs, and something practical and comfy. It’ll cost less than 1/3 than my Evoque did to run on fuel, zero road tax, air filter change every 2 years and a brake fluid check is all the service that’s needed.
It’s quicker than my golf GTi and comfier than the 3 series I had.
But yeah, I’ll see how it’s faring in a few months as I do get bored of my cars quick too :lol:
Tiberius
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tiberius »

Congrats. Crazy appreciation! It's as if your Evoque was a Ferreri.
-19' M140i SE, AW, MP LSD, Birds B1 Suspension(Adaptive delete), Heated Seats, Power Folding Mirrors, F&R PDC, Rev.Camera

Return to “Other Cars”