Have many people had an e9x m3?

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Poormans
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Have many people had an e9x m3?

Post by Poormans » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Don't fancy a e82 140i v8? 8)
shooting brake

Mike_N55

Post by Mike_N55 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Thanks And79 - I'm very tempted by the E92...need to test drive one first as it really seems to divide opinions. Many say its a lot of fuss about nothing, needing to wring it out to get anywhere and sky high upkeep. Some say you cant even compare the M-Lite 135i/140i versions to an M3 and it's vastly superior in every way. It's all subjective I guess but as I don't do a lot of miles I'm after some more 'occasion' back in the driving which the V8 should deliver.
Also looked at TT-RS - very different again but the RS 5-cylinder soundtrack is great and the car has lots of potential. Many say it's a dull drive in anything other than a straight line though...again need to try and drive one and check the smiles per mile! :D

and79
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by and79 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:14 pm

I did use mine as a daily and it did feel a bit flat in certain situations. 4000 rpm is IMO when it gets interesting with a nice kick at 5800 where it really punches hard on its way to 8300. It really handles as well. Now that’s not the daily I appreciate the fact it’s a manual now Even the relatively heavy clutch! It is a expensive option but probably worth it as I generally take the M3 for drive on my favourite roads just for the sake of it. Can’t say that about my 140 (as good as it is ).

Have looked at a C63? Not as driver focused but really good fun! Unless you’re after a manual car, I’d have a drive of a early 6.2 version as well as the Audi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike_N55

Post by Mike_N55 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Those 6.2 C63’s sound unbelievable - one lives near me and I can hear him coming home from work from at least 3 streets away :lol:
I’m not a huge fan of the looks or the interiors to be honest but you can’t deny how much quicker it must be day to day with that extra torque. Happy to dabble in the world of the flappy paddle after years of manuals though...

Return to “Other Cars”