Hyundai i30N

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

RONHULLOCK
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Hyundai i30N

Post by RONHULLOCK » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:49 pm

270bhp and 1200 kilos for the pug,1500 kilos and 270bhp for the Hyundai,the pug will always be faster👍🏼

Thrash
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Thrash » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm

danscfc wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:39 pm
Aaaand I’ve just watched 2 seperate vids by 2 seperate people and the i30n beats the 308gti...

Some balance for you there.
Do you literally just come on here to try and defend buying a Hyundai?
2018 Mercedes-Benz C200 AMG Line Coupe Polar White
2017 BMW M140i Alpine White, Coral leather - 5 door, sports automatic, driver comfort pack, front & rear PDC, sun protection pack, heated front seats - gone!

RONHULLOCK
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by RONHULLOCK » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Thrash wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm
danscfc wrote:
Aaaand I’ve just watched 2 seperate vids by 2 seperate people and the i30n beats the 308gti...

😀😀

danscfc

Post by danscfc » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Thrash wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm
danscfc wrote:

Ah, I apologise. I didn’t realise the ‘other cars’ section was specifically for the brand snobs to come on and whale about a car they haven’t even driven.

Read my previous posts, I joined a while back, with an interest in the site and BMW.

I’ll take your opinion onboard once you’ve either gone and read a few reputable reviews or driven the car itself, then we can have a sensible discussion...
Current - Polo GTI 2015

Thrash
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Thrash » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:33 pm

danscfc wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:44 pm
Ah, I apologise. I didn’t realise the ‘other cars’ section was specifically for the brand snobs to come on and whale about a car they haven’t even driven.

Read my previous posts, I joined a while back, with an interest in the site and BMW.

I’ll take your opinion onboard once you’ve either gone and read a few reputable reviews or driven the car itself, then we can have a sensible discussion...
My opinion is you're solely here to try and persuade people (mainly yourself) that you've made the right decision buying a Hyundai. Unfortunately for you, it's a fact most of your posts have been in this thread and this forum.
I can understand though, I suppose most Hyundai owners don't know how to use a computer. I think you can find some other owners in your nearest doctors surgery, bingo hall or garden centre.
2017 BMW M140i Alpine White, Coral leather - 5 door, sports automatic, driver comfort pack, front & rear PDC, sun protection pack, heated front seats - gone!

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Octavius » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:07 am

Come on gents. It’s only a car and each to their own when it comes to choice.
DEFECTED TO SKODA.

Lambster
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lambster » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:30 am

Let's stop the narrow-mindedness.

On paper and from the reviews, the i30 N is a good little hatch and a good first entry in to the genre by a manufacturer who's never delivered anything like it before. It's the work of Albert Biermann, so those who know what he's worked on in the past will know it's not something to be overlooked. It's also had input from the Hyundai WRC team.

You'll forever get people who are incapable of comprehending change automatically say that it sucks because it's a Hyundai. The important thing is that if you enjoy the car after a test drive, you like the looks and you can afford it, who cares what these people think?

You're more than welcome to post in the 'Other Cars' section about whatever other cars you want. That's the idea of it. Some of us just like cars, no matter what the badge is stuck to it.

Now be civil and respectful to each other!
M140i: Man., 3 door, EB, HK, Adaptive Suspension, Adaptive LED w/ HB assist, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Driver Comfort pack, Media Pro, Folding mirrors

Please help the Mods by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:19 am

The Hyundai is a good car by all accounts. The Peugeot 308 GTi 270 is also a good car.

There is only 557 308 GTis on the road. That's both models added together.

Even with a limited supply prices still plummet. At 18 months old they are practically half price. Sadly the very same will happen with the Hyundai making it an expensive alternative.

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 am

Sensible second hand buys though. Same for the Kia Ceed GT/Stinger (with 7 year warranties).

Wouldn't entertain buying any of them withing the 1st 3 years though, financial suicide.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

danscfc

Post by danscfc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Thrash wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:33 pm
danscfc wrote:

My opinion is you're solely here to try and persuade people (mainly yourself) that you've made the right decision buying a Hyundai. Unfortunately for you, it's a fact most of your posts have been in this thread and this forum.
I can understand though, I suppose most Hyundai owners don't know how to use a computer. I think you can find some other owners in your nearest doctors surgery, bingo hall or garden centre.
Any thought of a sensible reply to this was disregarded with the 'age' context you so hilariously refer to.
Given that the average age of the owner of a BMW to a Hyundai only differs by 3 years I'd go and grab a digestive and have a lie down, Deal or No Deal will be on shortly :lol:
I'll leave it there.
Current - Polo GTI 2015

danscfc

Post by danscfc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:42 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 am
Sensible second hand buys though. Same for the Kia Ceed GT/Stinger (with 7 year warranties).

Wouldn't entertain buying any of them withing the 1st 3 years though, financial suicide.
I agree, just leasing myself - have a much better idea of how sensible ownership would be after 3/4 years.
Current - Polo GTI 2015

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:36 pm

danscfc wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:42 pm
marco_polo wrote:

I agree, just leasing myself - have a much better idea of how sensible ownership would be after 3/4 years.
Out of curiosity, what do they cost to lease?

danscfc

Post by danscfc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Kerr wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:36 pm
danscfc wrote:
marco_polo wrote:

I got 350/month over 3 years with a 6month deposit. Prices varying between dealers though. Hyundai haven’t offered any initial launch contribution so it’s all down to the individual dealer on what they get to.
Current - Polo GTI 2015

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 pm

danscfc wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:49 pm
Kerr wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:36 pm
danscfc wrote:

I got 350/month over 3 years with a 6month deposit. Prices varying between dealers though. Hyundai haven’t offered any initial launch contribution so it’s all down to the individual dealer on what they get to.

£14350 is a lot of money for a 3 year lease.

You can lease a BMW M140i Shadow edition with Auto and metallic paint for £9200 over 3 years just now.

Paying 56% more for a Hyundai with a list price of £28k against a BMW with a list price of around £38k just doesn't work for me.

All this modern financing has made a lot of cars unattractive. I can't see many people going for a Hyundai at the prices quoted.

Thrash
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Thrash » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:54 pm

danscfc wrote:

danscfc wrote:Any thought of a sensible reply to this was disregarded with the 'age' context you so hilariously refer to.
Given that the average age of the owner of a BMW to a Hyundai only differs by 3 years I'd go and grab a digestive and have a lie down, Deal or No Deal will be on shortly :lol:
I'll leave it there.
The only thing I've said about it is that it looked strange in person when I saw one the other day. My point was you only seem to come on this forum to try and defend your decision to go for one, which is factually correct.
I don't need to read reviews about the car or even drive it to state that fact, I don't know how that's even relevant to anything I've said in this thread?

I'm pretty confident if you could get insured an a 140 then you wouldn't want to be paying more per month for a Hyundai either, just like most people. No matter how much you try and praise it, it's still not a good financial decision.

Edit - I should add actually, I got some offers on Carwow for one a few weeks ago, the fact there’s no auto rules it out straightaway for me. But also the fact that back then I got 4 offers with 0% discount and one with about £500 off. It’s almost like they don’t want to sell them.

Return to “Other Cars”