Alfa Giulia Veloce

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Tony444
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Alfa Giulia Veloce

Post by Tony444 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:39 pm

Decided to take a Alfa Veloce 280 out for a test drive. Now I have to admit I’m an Alfa nut had four over the years.
Lovely looking car makes the M240i look very average, it’s a big car, lots of room, performance obviously not in the 240i league but very brisk and inspires loads of confidence as when you floor it, it doesn’t dance around like the 240i, the Giulia is very well planted.

Biggest thing for me was the ride / handling, absolutely sublime, I wasn’t expecting as all the Alfa’s I’ve had in the past the ride was always compromised, not so the Giulia, genuinely impressed, I’ve always thought the ride in the 240i to be shocking and embarrassing when I have passengers.

The Giulia doesn’t have the sound track of the 240i, but it felt very solid and well built, love the quick steering rack, brakes I felt were adequate.
Felt a very safe car to press on in, very enjoyable to drive, not something I feel with the 240i, especially in slippy conditions.
Current - M240i step, Lotus Elise 111R
Previous - Scirocco 2lt DSG

Macfife
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Alfa Giulia Veloce

Post by Macfife » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Lovely car sir, I did consider one as I was looking at the m140i however the 6 v the 4 won over for me, along with finance and the BMW reliability. I was Nervous about Alfa reliability but I tell you what it’s a brave and bold choice and I do love it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M140i Shadow Edition Melbourne Red, mperformance side skirts and rear spoiler, Maxton front and rear side splitters, MPE, Gloss Black Mirrors and Fins

Toonshorty
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Toonshorty » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:21 pm

If I had any sort of money then I'd love to own a Giulia Quadrifoglio, looks like a superb car.
F21 M135i LCI Valencia Orange | Oyster | Manual

Macfife
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Macfife » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:27 am

Totally agree and would do the same!. It’s a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M140i Shadow Edition Melbourne Red, mperformance side skirts and rear spoiler, Maxton front and rear side splitters, MPE, Gloss Black Mirrors and Fins

Return to “Other Cars”