2010 mini countryman cooper s

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: Rich196, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, marco_polo

greggsy07
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

2010 mini countryman cooper s

Post by greggsy07 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Hey guys,

Change in circumstances means the Mrs diesel SI civic will be going shortly and we want to replace it with a cooper s countryman.

To be fair there's not many around and as such we are willing to drive the distance for the perfect car.

It will be on finance likely over a 4/5 years. Choosing countryman as children will likely be along in next 2 years so standard mini won't cut the mustard.

Firstly, what are your thoughts on these cars? I assume it's the same engine from the R56 cooper s? Any major issues I need to consider?

Many thank in advance.
First:- 96 Fiesta 1.1
Then:- 01 Corsa 1.2
Then: - C2 VTR
Now:- 130i M sport Japan Red 2006 - Red Calipers - Osram Nightbreakers

Falmouthboy
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: 2010 mini countryman cooper s

Post by Falmouthboy » Mon May 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Bit of a mini fan, had a few and the engine in the Cooper S is quite sound. Remember this is a relatively 'old tech' mini that's soon to be replaced and in S 4x4 form quite thirsty. As with any mini/BMW look for a sound system upgrade and at least the upgraded head unit. Also a chilli pack is really a must. Don't pay too much for a used example as new are being discounted a lot as its now a run out model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current: Half an M135i, Volvo V50 SE D4
Previous: Z4 2.0 M Sport, 123d M Sport 5 Door, 320i Edition SE Touring, 130i MSport LE, 330d SE Touring, Mini Coupe JCW

greggsy07
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: RE: Re: 2010 mini countryman cooper s

Post by greggsy07 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:59 pm

Falmouthboy wrote:Bit of a mini fan, had a few and the engine in the Cooper S is quite sound. Remember this is a relatively 'old tech' mini that's soon to be replaced and in S 4x4 form quite thirsty. As with any mini/BMW look for a sound system upgrade and at least the upgraded head unit. Also a chilli pack is really a must. Don't pay too much for a used example as new are being discounted a lot as its now a run out model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cheers for that. She has had a 55plate mini oneD and whilst it was lack lustre, it was a cracking car to be fair. Thankfully we both work 10 mins away and she gets reimbursed for trips back and for Oxford (from south wales) through work so thirst isn't a major issue. I think the hardest part will be finding a nice example.

Seen one today on 60k and it was a dog to be fair. Sounded like a diesel!!

We're in no rush so I'll make sure it has the necessary options.

Cheers.

midnightblue
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by midnightblue » Tue May 31, 2016 8:17 am

If you plan to have 2 kids in reasonably quick succession I seriously recommend something with a bigger boot.

greggsy07
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by greggsy07 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:45 pm

midnightblue wrote:If you plan to have 2 kids in reasonably quick succession I seriously recommend something with a bigger boot.
Ok thanks for the heads up.

Return to “Other Cars”