Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post your comments, thoughts, pictures etc of non BMW 1 Series cars here.....

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

User avatar
NISFAN
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:46 pm
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by NISFAN » Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 pm

ImperialMango wrote:

If I might be so blunt, the question, an easy one at that, remains... the age of your 240. Or did you buy a rebadged 235?
All in all I find it not that hard to answer.

To all the people who have helped OP, great stuff, but it still smells a bit fish to not answer such a simple question.

"Younger than 18 months" 8-9 months doesn't even come close. Cmon..
If you follow the link a couple of posts up, our Tonyfonda is mulling over whether to buy an M2 or an M240i mid September last year. That's 6.5 months ago. At the very best he walked into a dealer and bought a stock car available immediately, well those still take about a week to prep. A new order would have been perhaps an October delivery at best, but a normal delivery would have been mid to late November.

So fishy? You bet. 18 months......errr, 8-9 months.......oooops, 4-5 months.........well actually never!!!!!



M240i Auto

User avatar
Red5
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 5688
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:47 am
Location: Surrey

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by Red5 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:00 pm

NISFAN wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 pm
ImperialMango wrote:

If I might be so blunt, the question, an easy one at that, remains... the age of your 240. Or did you buy a rebadged 235?
All in all I find it not that hard to answer.

To all the people who have helped OP, great stuff, but it still smells a bit fish to not answer such a simple question.

"Younger than 18 months" 8-9 months doesn't even come close. Cmon..
If you follow the link a couple of posts up, our Tonyfonda is mulling over whether to buy an M2 or an M240i mid September last year. That's 6.5 months ago. At the very best he walked into a dealer and bought a stock car available immediately, well those still take about a week to prep. A new order would have been perhaps an October delivery at best, but a normal delivery would have been mid to late November.

So fishy? You bet. 18 months......errr, 8-9 months.......oooops, 4-5 months.........well actually never!!!!!
A stock car you say?
So a BMW would order a bone basic zero option manual car, just to have in stock?
So unlikely!

Sad case :lol:
Gone
Tasty 130i
Very fast 135i
Volcano Grey Macan SD
Carmine Red Cayman GTS + LSD

Red5 & Semerka's Stable
Midnight Blue Macan Turbo + PTV and more
GT Silver Cayman 718 GTS Manual



(Team Rob)

RHK3
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2325
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 am
Location: London

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by RHK3 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:43 pm

tonyfonda wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 8:24 am
Alright guys. Thanks for all of your input. I shall take this conversation offline now.

I will PM people who expressed interest in my 240i and will reach out directly to others with specific questions.

I can't thank enough the people who provided advice. Much appreciated.
Seen your post on rsmegane.com.. Have you bought a 275?
2010 Oyster Grey Metallic Megane RS 250 Cup - Leather Recaros, Xenon's, Keyless Entry & Go, Sat Nav, Electric Folding Mirrors, Induction Kit, EMP Custom Cat Back Exhaust, Decat :twisted:

tonyfonda
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:10 pm

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by tonyfonda » Wed May 10, 2017 2:04 pm

RHK3 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 1:43 pm
tonyfonda wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 8:24 am
Alright guys. Thanks for all of your input. I shall take this conversation offline now.

I will PM people who expressed interest in my 240i and will reach out directly to others with specific questions.

I can't thank enough the people who provided advice. Much appreciated.
Seen your post on rsmegane.com.. Have you bought a 275?
Agreed with Seller - pickup next week

I post equally in the Welsh part of the forum - hoping to acquaint with the locals and attending car meets, etc...

RHK3
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2325
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 am
Location: London

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by RHK3 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm

tonyfonda wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 2:04 pm
Agreed with Seller - pickup next week

I post equally in the Welsh part of the forum - hoping to acquaint with the locals and attending car meets, etc...
Oh okay cool.. Which 275 did you get? Cup or Trophy?
2010 Oyster Grey Metallic Megane RS 250 Cup - Leather Recaros, Xenon's, Keyless Entry & Go, Sat Nav, Electric Folding Mirrors, Induction Kit, EMP Custom Cat Back Exhaust, Decat :twisted:

tonyfonda
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:10 pm

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by tonyfonda » Wed May 10, 2017 2:58 pm

RHK3 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm
tonyfonda wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 2:04 pm
Agreed with Seller - pickup next week

I post equally in the Welsh part of the forum - hoping to acquaint with the locals and attending car meets, etc...
Oh okay cool.. Which 275 did you get? Cup or Trophy?
Just a Cup - keeping it simple and cheap. Is there any difference between the 2 besides Ohlins and Akropovic?

JamieM140
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by JamieM140 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:50 pm

tonyfonda wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 2:58 pm
RHK3 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm
tonyfonda wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 2:04 pm
Agreed with Seller - pickup next week

I post equally in the Welsh part of the forum - hoping to acquaint with the locals and attending car meets, etc...
Oh okay cool.. Which 275 did you get? Cup or Trophy?
Just a Cup - keeping it simple and cheap. Is there any difference between the 2 besides Ohlins and Akropovic?
Trophy was a limited run with trophy decals and alcantara seats and steering wheel plus recaro seats standard and Acroprovic exhaust which I am sure was standard.

JamieM140
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by JamieM140 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:53 pm

By the way Tony congrats on your choice I highly doubt you will be disappointed. Just don't expect the very high build quality of the bmw and you will be good.You will love the way they drive trust me.

JamieM140
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by JamieM140 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Did you get the recaro seats by the way?

User avatar
Compactpete
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by Compactpete » Wed May 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Red5 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 1:00 pm
NISFAN wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 pm
ImperialMango wrote:

If I might be so blunt, the question, an easy one at that, remains... the age of your 240. Or did you buy a rebadged 235?
All in all I find it not that hard to answer.

To all the people who have helped OP, great stuff, but it still smells a bit fish to not answer such a simple question.

"Younger than 18 months" 8-9 months doesn't even come close. Cmon..
If you follow the link a couple of posts up, our Tonyfonda is mulling over whether to buy an M2 or an M240i mid September last year. That's 6.5 months ago. At the very best he walked into a dealer and bought a stock car available immediately, well those still take about a week to prep. A new order would have been perhaps an October delivery at best, but a normal delivery would have been mid to late November.

So fishy? You bet. 18 months......errr, 8-9 months.......oooops, 4-5 months.........well actually never!!!!!
A stock car you say?
So a BMW would order a bone basic zero option manual car, just to have in stock?
So unlikely!

Sad case :lol:

All good now though, he's bought a 2020 model year Megane :lol:
Now - E92 M3, DCT, Comp Pack, Alpine White.

Gone - 2016 M135i

tonyfonda
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:10 pm

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by tonyfonda » Wed May 10, 2017 4:57 pm

JamieM140 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm
Did you get the recaro seats by the way?
Did not :(

I am consoling myself by the fact that they are not very comfortable (according to to what is said on French forums)

JamieM140
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by JamieM140 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:25 pm

tonyfonda wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 4:57 pm
JamieM140 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm
Did you get the recaro seats by the way?
Did not :(

I am consoling myself by the fact that they are not very comfortable (according to to what is said on French forums)
The recaros are amazing very comfy and really grip you when cornering plus they look brilliant.

RHK3
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2325
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 am
Location: London

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by RHK3 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:55 pm

JamieM140 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 8:25 pm
tonyfonda wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 4:57 pm
JamieM140 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm
Did you get the recaro seats by the way?
Did not :(

I am consoling myself by the fact that they are not very comfortable (according to to what is said on French forums)
The recaros are amazing very comfy and really grip you when cornering plus they look brilliant.
This is true.. I have them :spotman:
2010 Oyster Grey Metallic Megane RS 250 Cup - Leather Recaros, Xenon's, Keyless Entry & Go, Sat Nav, Electric Folding Mirrors, Induction Kit, EMP Custom Cat Back Exhaust, Decat :twisted:

tonyfonda
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:10 pm

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by tonyfonda » Thu May 11, 2017 8:28 am

Would your passenger want a confy seat by any chance?

Happy to exchange one of mine :)

RHK3
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2325
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 am
Location: London

Re: Done with the M240i - what's next?

Post by RHK3 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:10 am

Passenger can sit in the back if they find them uncomfortable :lol:

Rather keep a complete set, however there may be some recaros for sale on rsmegane.com, have a look. I remember some coming for sale, not so long ago.
2010 Oyster Grey Metallic Megane RS 250 Cup - Leather Recaros, Xenon's, Keyless Entry & Go, Sat Nav, Electric Folding Mirrors, Induction Kit, EMP Custom Cat Back Exhaust, Decat :twisted:

Post Reply

Return to “Other Cars”