BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Can't decide on what factory or dealer options to go with?
Not sure what a specific option does?
Post your thoughts in here

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Rich196

Post Reply
chabegamer
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:49 am

BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by chabegamer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:55 pm

BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Please, can someone leave down below a review of the dash cam? I am not sure whether to get it, my local BMW is asking £500 with fitting & 2-year warranty.

nickjc
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by nickjc » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:31 pm

I opted to get one fitted into my new car, now a few weeks old. I have nothing to compare against, but seemed an easy option to get them to fit before I collected the car. The quality is good, however I do think the rear camera is a little large. (The front camera is hidden behind the view of the rear view mirror). It seems strange that each recording is only a minute or so, but i've not had a moment to play around to see if thats normal. As I hear, most dealers dont actually know how these things work.

I'm sure others will chip in to order a Blackvue etc as thats another option.

roberta
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 9:22 am

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by roberta » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:42 am

nickjc wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:31 pm
I opted to get one fitted into my new car, now a few weeks old. I have nothing to compare against, but seemed an easy option to get them to fit before I collected the car. The quality is good, however I do think the rear camera is a little large. (The front camera is hidden behind the view of the rear view mirror). It seems strange that each recording is only a minute or so, but i've not had a moment to play around to see if thats normal. As I hear, most dealers dont actually know how these things work.

I'm sure others will chip in to order a Blackvue etc as thats another option.
dealer dont now about this camera, I bought TrueCam A6 for 150 pounds with front and rear camera, works fine.

User avatar
sootchucker125
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:13 pm
Location: North Essex

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by sootchucker125 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:32 pm

Nextbase 512GW front and rear fitted at Halfords for £180.
Can't fault it and does what I want it to do.

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 19983
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by Octavius » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:10 pm

Who manufactures them for BMW ???
Glacier Silver 320d lci M Sport.

TeenWolf
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by TeenWolf » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:54 pm

I bought a nextbase and wired it in using the nextbase kit from eBay.
Simple and better value at £100.
You get a standard warranty with nextbase anyway.
I have done 4 cars Inc my families all nextbase and all decent. Doesn't seem worth it for the mini one.

User avatar
HN1989x
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 3:24 pm
Location: North London

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by HN1989x » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 am

I have it and it's not the best for how much BMW charge to supply and fit!

The quality is not as good as other dash cams (Nextbase etc), the app is sh*t. Constantly changes the settings on its own so half the time the thing doesn't even bloody record. Can only format 32GB memory cards. Runs out of memory after 24 hours.

I wouldn't pay for it.

irenelee
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:53 am

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by irenelee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:18 am

I got my new X1 in October 2018, the camera(old version of camera) and battery are giving me problems ever since I collected the new car. Over the past 3 months I have been sending the car to workshop every month and now it’s every week.

The old camera was constantly restarting and they got it replaced with advanced 2.0 which never get started to record anything except for the day I collected the car after installation. I sent it back after few days and I was told there was a bug introduced in the updated version of the app. They deleted the problematic file from the SD card and it started to work BUT it did not get started the next day onwards! Does anyone encounter the same problem here?

barneyrubble
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by barneyrubble » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:38 am

It's extremely expensive for what you get, as you would expect getting a main dealer to fit it.

I run two separate cameras front and rear which i picked up off amazon for £50 each and ran the cables myself. They are outstanding quality and anything at that price or greater per camera will be very useable.
If it's got breasts or wheels - it's going to give you trouble

Black Sapphire Metallic M2 LCI

Acisien
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:19 am

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by Acisien » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:00 am

Octavius wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:10 pm
Who manufactures them for BMW ???
Noritel, at least they seem to be the dealer. I got email help from them within 24 hours.

https://www.noritel.de/start/

Support contact: https://www.noritel.de/en/bmw-ace-app/

User avatar
GeeDee
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 874
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:55 pm
Location: Leatherhead M25J9

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by GeeDee » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:08 am

HN1989x wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 am
Can only format 32GB memory cards. Runs out of memory after 24 hours.
That is pathetic.

I'm not too happy about the 128GB limit that NextBase have because it doesn't store that many days of travelling especially as it starts filling up with protected videos in parking mode. It's OK for instant issues but not much good if you receive a NIP and want to check.
64 plate F20 M135i-Auto used in M :drive:-LSD-Sunroof-Bells & whistles-OBDII Reader-No dipstick-Jack in boot-Tesco 99-Can be driven off without key-Bluetack on mirror sensor-Handbrake bedded in-No obvious difference between Comfort & Sports

User avatar
HN1989x
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 3:24 pm
Location: North London

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0

Post by HN1989x » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:11 am

irenelee wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:18 am
I got my new X1 in October 2018, the camera(old version of camera) and battery are giving me problems ever since I collected the new car. Over the past 3 months I have been sending the car to workshop every month and now it’s every week.

The old camera was constantly restarting and they got it replaced with advanced 2.0 which never get started to record anything except for the day I collected the car after installation. I sent it back after few days and I was told there was a bug introduced in the updated version of the app. They deleted the problematic file from the SD card and it started to work BUT it did not get started the next day onwards! Does anyone encounter the same problem here?
Yes. The only way to stop it from doing this is connecting to your app before you set off.. make sure its in "continuous recording mode" rather than G Sensor only.

GeeDee wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:08 am
HN1989x wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 am
Can only format 32GB memory cards. Runs out of memory after 24 hours.
That is pathetic.

I'm not too happy about the 128GB limit that NextBase have because it doesn't store that many days of travelling especially as it starts filling up with protected videos in parking mode. It's OK for instant issues but not much good if you receive a NIP and want to check.
Yep. sh*t bit of kit if you ask me! If I pad to pay for this, I would be livid.

Post Reply

Return to “BMW OEM Options & Accessories”