M140i/M240i Seat upgrade to full electric.

Can't decide on what factory or dealer options to go with?
Not sure what a specific option does?
Post your thoughts in here

Moderators: Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo

SixAppeal

M140i/M240i Seat upgrade to full electric.

Post by SixAppeal »

Has anyone swapped the front seats out on their M140i/M240i?

I currently have a M240i (2018) which I specced with Heated but non movement electric seats. I have been offered an M2 interior for it which has the Fully electric and Heated seats in it. Is the wiring already in the car for the fully electric seats?
Is it just a case of plugging in the new M2 seats and off I go, or is there coding/other works required?

Simon.
Surreylad

Re: M140i/M240i Seat upgrade to full electric.

Post by Surreylad »

Hi

Have you had this done as I'm interested in doing the same
M140i Shadow Edition | Motech stance | PCW mod | Reiger rear diff |
JovanUK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: M140i/M240i Seat upgrade to full electric.

Post by JovanUK »

SixAppeal wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:27 pm Has anyone swapped the front seats out on their M140i/M240i?

I currently have a M240i (2018) which I specced with Heated but non movement electric seats. I have been offered an M2 interior for it which has the Fully electric and Heated seats in it. Is the wiring already in the car for the fully electric seats?
Is it just a case of plugging in the new M2 seats and off I go, or is there coding/other works required?

Simon.
hi there

no, the wiring is not there and would have to be added to rear electronics module, wired spliced or scotchlocked under centre console, pins added to the two seat hearnesses, and a few more bits.

also a compatible SM seat module is required, check for this when buying seats. after roughly 2016/2017 this will be SM2 module.

and then will need adaption and expert coding to be fully functional. drop me a message if interested as soon will be offering this, as a fitting service only.
'18 M140i shadow ZF8: AW, adap. susp, adap. LED, pro nav, driving assistant, harman/kardon, CarPlay, elec folding mirrors, memory seats, reverse cam, h/seats, headlight wash, SLI, FCW, PDC, HBA+

Return to “BMW OEM Options & Accessories”