135i slash e8x Performance brakes rebuild

Can't decide on what factory or dealer options to go with?
Not sure what a specific option does?
Post your thoughts in here

Moderators: Lambster, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo, babybmwadmin

Nyxeris
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: 135i slash e8x Performance brakes rebuild

Post by Nyxeris »

Poormans wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:11 pm I think it's time to update the front control arm. More rigidity and more direct connection between braking force and chassis, I think it'll help braking feel.
If I understand correctly, M3 tension struts (JTC1423 and JTC1424) would help with that at the cost of some NVH?

Definitely worth installing the LCAs (JTC1426 and JTC1427) at the same time if you haven't already, then get everthing aligned nicely.
E81 130i | Build Thread
───────────────────────────
Click here for BabyBMW stickers!
Poormans
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 135i slash e8x Performance brakes rebuild

Post by Poormans »

Oops, jumped into the wrong bit of the thread :P
docwra wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:10 am I take it youve got the car in the air and checked the wheels spin freely? Sounds like a binding brake to me TBH, Stoptech pads arent usually noisy either, did you put anything on the back of the pads when you put them in?
The shop who do most of my maintenance said they are free, comparable to a new car. So I'm just being to an al :roll: Can't remember if there's anything on the back of the pads, the lots was fitted summer last year.. But it's a good point, I'll ask if they'll take a look at it.
Nyxeris wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:20 am If I understand correctly, M3 tension struts (JTC1423 and JTC1424) would help with that at the cost of some NVH?

Definitely worth installing the LCAs (JTC1426 and JTC1427) at the same time if you haven't already, then get everthing aligned nicely.
That's the plan! Front control arm(rubber) anyway. More on that in Ian's suspension thread.. :thumbs:
shooting brake

Return to “BMW OEM Options & Accessories”