1 series modification order?

Can't decide on what factory or dealer options to go with?
Not sure what a specific option does?
Post your thoughts in here

Moderators: Lambster, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo, babybmwadmin

Mageeg

1 series modification order?

Post by Mageeg »

Just wanted to get some opinions on order of mods for my bmw 1 series.

I bought a standard WHITE bmw 1 series 118d sport, at the time I didn’t know much about them but have now fallen in love with them and have started doing some basic mods.

Mods I’ve done so far are:

M sport bumper conversion
Black white badges + wheel caps
Black mirrors

These are the mods I have in mind:
- red interior
- front lip splitter
- black rims
- spoiler
- custom number plate

Baring in mind I can only afford to put ~£200 a month towards these, which do you think should be done early as they will impact the look of the car the most?
Nyxeris
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: 1 series modification order?

Post by Nyxeris »

What year is the car?

How much is your admin fee to declare each mod to insurance if you're doing it piecemeal?

What do you mean by custom numberplates? If you mean a private reg then fair does, but if you mean a custom-designed physical plate then anything like that, even if it's legal today, will be a criminal offense to have fitted to your car as of September this year, and there's another law in the pipeline that will make it an automatic, mandatory 3-11 points rather than just a £100 fine. So there isn't really much point in buying one, IMHO.

I'd start by saving up for the interior as that's likely to be the biggest job, and the one where price is most up to chance.
E81 130i | Build Thread
───────────────────────────
Click here for BabyBMW stickers!
Autosri
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Autosri »

Interior first as you get the most benefit then move to the styling bits outside and personaly I’d scrap off the private plate as I think they all look tacky and cheap
Mageeg

Post by Mageeg »

Nyxeris wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:12 pm What year is the car?

How much is your admin fee to declare each mod to insurance if you're doing it piecemeal?

What do you mean by custom numberplates? If you mean a private reg then fair does, but if you mean a custom-designed physical plate then anything like that, even if it's legal today, will be a criminal offense to have fitted to your car as of September this year, and there's another law in the pipeline that will make it an automatic, mandatory 3-11 points rather than just a £100 fine. So there isn't really much point in buying one, IMHO.

I'd start by saving up for the interior as that's likely to be the biggest job, and the one where price is most up to chance.
Sorry should have said, its 2013. I'm not sure on admin fee tbh i will have to take a look!

yeah I meant a private reg, i quite like 6 character ones i think they're pretty cool.
Mageeg

Post by Mageeg »

Autosri wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:16 pm Interior first as you get the most benefit then move to the styling bits outside and personaly I’d scrap off the private plate as I think they all look tacky and cheap
Fair enough, i agree with interior. I'm thinking get that red leather done first i think it looks so nice

Return to “BMW OEM Options & Accessories”