Strut Brace

Can't decide on what factory or dealer options to go with?
Not sure what a specific option does?
Post your thoughts in here

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Producethis, marco_polo, Lambster, Rich196

Simon Site Manager
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Strut Brace

Post by Simon Site Manager »

So, I paid off my PCP in July (£13.2k) and have so far fitted an MP LSD, MP Back box, and a MP underbody brace. Is there any gain in the MP Strut Brace? I would like to know the members thoughts? With the eception of the LSD, (thanks Marc Williams) that these have been bolted on by me. Still trying to find someone more local to do the LCA's and TS's....with a Hunter!
'17 M140i Estoril Blue Most of the toys. Every time I see an F40 it makes me :(
Mucus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Strut Brace

Post by Mucus »

Given the relatively modest cost and ease of fitting and BMW fit them as OEM to M models, there must be some benefit. I have done before and after tests in previous cars, a few years back. The best way I could describe the improvement is a sensation that the steering column is more thoroughly attached to the vehicle, giving a slightly more 'connected' feel to the steering.
18 yo Suzuki Jimny with two muddy dogs in the back 8)

Cayman GT4 (981C) tucked away
Simon Site Manager
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Strut Brace

Post by Simon Site Manager »

Mucus wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:10 pm Given the relatively modest cost and ease of fitting and BMW fit them as OEM to M models, there must be some benefit. I have done before and after tests in previous cars, a few years back. The best way I could describe the improvement is a sensation that the steering column is more thoroughly attached to the vehicle, giving a slightly more 'connected' feel to the steering.
Cheers Mucus,
I was waitng for further responses, I might catch a Black Friday deal!
'17 M140i Estoril Blue Most of the toys. Every time I see an F40 it makes me :(

Return to “BMW OEM Options & Accessories”