Baby BMW Forum banner

fineline or grey poplar wood trim e82 coupe

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  AndyGilbert 
#1 ·
Anybody have this fitted to their e82 or perhaps know any for sale.

I'm not a massive fan of the silver trim and am looking to replace it either with the poplar trim, piano black finish or even a light burr wood finish.

Can see a few sets for sale in the US but a euro source would be handy.

#2 ·
well I bought a replacement set, will fit them in the next few weeks and will post up once done.

I went for the fine line grey poplar trim to replace the chrome/silver set in mine.

#3 ·
#5 ·
I Speced this on my F22 and the sales person showed me it on a car ..... decided to go brushed ally with the gloss black trim.

#6 ·
it wasn't hard to swap out the centre console stuff, although I had to take it apart a few times to make sure it sat right, to be honest the biggest pain was the refixing of the handbrake leather cover with a zip tie.

I followed a few tutorials online before having a go though. But it was done within a few hours.

I'm just not a fan of the brushed ali, but was keen on the gloss black, however the fine line trim came up first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.