Baby BMW Forum banner

Help me understand the tech options please 2016 M140

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Zak 
#1 ·
Hi, new to the site and hopefully soon to be an owner of a lovely 2016 AUC M140. Trying to get my head around the tech options for the car, going to see it next week (reserved it) and would like to understand the options fitted so I can compare with what the salesman will tell me - the dealer has only 1 or 5 star ratings, and comments about lying, although thankfully these are older reviews. The BMW site seems to offer confusing or conflicting information and the tech options and subscriptions are complicated.

My main question is; are all these services activated and linked to the car (3 years?) or do some need to be paid for by the new owner to get them working? Looking to find out costs involved, and if it's worth it, as that will sway my decision on buying the car if it has more toys included. I'd like to use the phone app to remotely view the car too, have that on my A45 AMG and it is useful on occasions.

Here's what's fitted:
Pro media/nav with HK
Teleservices
Connected Drive Services
Real Time Traffic Information
Concierge Services
Remote Services
Comfort Access

Also it has listed 2 options which I would like to understand if these are standard generic security items or upgraded parts:
"S8S2A Coding alarm signal"
"S8TGA Thiefproofing Device"

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I think with pro nav you get all those other bits for the first 3 years, then after that it's something like £10 a month to keep them.

To be fair I've never used any of them on my 240 or my E91 except for the Connected Drive app which is handy for locking/unlocking, sending routes etc.

Pro nav comes with all those things you list, but Comfort Access is separate and is the keyless go/entry thing.

Not sure on the other two bits, but I have coded my alarm to beep on lock/unlock so it could be that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.