Baby BMW Forum banner

F20/21 M135i LCi Front bumper trim

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  marco_polo 
#1 ·
Hi everyone
i know this topic has been discussed loads of times regarding the black grilles...(still not sure if i should go OEM black grilles or buy the double slat M2 style from Ebay)...however i would also like to change the silver trims on the front bumper to gloss black. I can't find them anywhere and i don't know if BMW even does them in black? Is my only option to remove and get them painted?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
They're not available in black. People unclip them and either paint them or wrap them black/carbon fibre.

Wrap tends to be most popular as it's hard wearing (vs the inevitable flying stones), is relatively easy DIY, and is quickly reversible if the next owner isn't keen on the look.

#3 ·
marco_polo said:
They're not available in black. People unclip them and either paint them or wrap them black/carbon fibre.

Wrap tends to be most popular as it's hard wearing (vs the inevitable flying stones), is relatively easy DIY, and is quickly reversible if the next owner isn't keen on the look.
Thanks for your reply. just as i thought...strange how BMW are letting that opportunity to get some extra cash from two pieces of plastic like they do with the kidney's?! How easy is it to wrap them? Also, you might know this, but i have some Eibach 15mm spacers that i used to have on my E60. Will they fit on the F21? (picking it up in a few days)...any special things i should be aware of when picking up the car in advance? Thanks

#4 ·
Wrapping is easy if you have half-decent manual dexterity, and a hairdryer.

15mm spacers will be quite pokey, but should just fit. The E Series wheel bolts will obviously be wrong being M12 x 1.5 (F Series cars use M14 x 1.25 )

If it's an Auto, make sure they're aren't any whiney gearbox noises. The problem tends to rear it's head in 2nd gear initially, then progresses through the others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.