Baby BMW Forum banner

Thinking about a new 140i

6K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Wilko1 
#1 ·
Hello all this is my 1st post on the forum. I have finally decided over a long few weeks that I am going to purchase a 140i new. I was contemplating on a used 125i but with the price and interest rates etc it's just as cost effective to get a new 140i on PCP. I know a lot of people don't like PCP but for me it keeps the monthly payments down, also I don't have the hassle to sell the car etc at the end I can just hand it back.

What is your opinions on options? I am a bit stuck deciding.

So far I have pretty much decided on
3 Door

Auto box

Estoril blue with coral leather, yes not everyone's taste but it's my car at the end of the day and PCP means I won't have trouble selling it on either.

Front and rear PDC

Pro Nav

HK speaker upgrade.

Heated seats.

I can't think of anything else which is worth having, do xenon head lights come standard on the 140i? Also do the auto lights and auto wipers come as a pack?

Is there anything that you guys wish you had specced from the start? I am going to get the MPE fitted too but heard rumours that it's not as loud on the 140i so I might just get the BCS midpipe instead or do I go for both? Don't want it too loud but want to hear the engine and popping.

See less See more
#2 ·
Is coral leather still on the options list? I thought it was dropped in favour of cognac brown?

Posh headlights and wipers are standard, although they're LED rather than Xenon nowadays.

Options are very personal. All you'll get on here is people telling you to get what they have, heated wheel, Adaptive, whatever!

I personally think the MPE or the mid pipe, but not both together. Again, sound is a personal choice. One man's McDonalds Saxo is another man's Lamborghini. :lol2:

#3 ·
I'm pretty sure the red leather is still online when I built my car on the website. Now I am questioning myself lol.

So the headlights are full LED now as standard I take it they are better than xenon lights?

I know options are personal but just wondered what people wish they had picked if they could go back I don't want to not pick something then regret it, however I don't want to tick every box and pay a fortune for stuff I don't use or want.

#4 ·
Your right they have dropped the coral leather it's a shame really as cognac does not look nice at all. White will be too much hard work to keep clean so looks like black is the only option now. Means a very dark and dull interior 😬

#5 ·
Also is the shadow edition worth the extra? What extras do you get over the standard edition?

#7 ·
stevenzx10r said:
Also is the shadow edition worth the extra? What extras do you get over the standard edition?
Shadow gets you the options HK audio, sun protection glass, cruise control if I recall in addition to bespoke darker grey wheels (or optional 719 black wheels) with darker surround front and rear lights.

Shadow edition makes the car look a little sportier where as the std. car is more discreet

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Thank you for clarifying all of my questions, with the options I want then the shadow edition seems to come with a few included which is good. I've not had a quite yet but I might get one and see what the payments work out to be.

Anything else that is a must have for the options?

#10 ·
I see. Also on TRL post his options for metallic paint is £11 per month extra bit on the bmw website it's only an extra £595 on list price if you build your own on their website.

I am wanting as little deposit as possible but payments. Around the 330-360 a month mark it might be a far ask but will see. I've just emailed TRL and see what he can come back with.

#12 ·
stevenzx10r said:
I see. Also on TRL post his options for metallic paint is £11 per month extra bit on the bmw website it's only an extra £595 on list price if you build your own on their website.

I am wanting as little deposit as possible but payments. Around the 330-360 a month mark it might be a far ask but will see. I've just emailed TRL and see what he can come back with.
I think I saw a post where pices have gone up from March onwards so the £11 per month (x48 = £52:cool2: should be used just as a guide and maybe not 100% accurate post price hike

#13 ·
Is the adaptive Maport suspension worth the extra £10 per month?

#15 ·
Last decent car I had was a Alfa Romeo guilietta 2.0 Diesel with 170bhp lovely car but then swapped for a mondeo st tdci estate then onto a 4x4 shogun. Currently got a very cheap £400 Peugeot 406 HDI estate which I use for commuting and the dogs. My wife has a bmw 118d which is a nice drive. I'm more into motorbikes but decided I want a nice quick car with a touch of luxury. As of September I will no longer be commuting so mileage won't be an issue. It will be a fun car for days out and the off short commute to work. I'm also tempted to go for approved used as they are much cheaper but depends if I can get the spec. A must have for me is heated seats, Pro Nav and HK speakers also must be an auto too. Everything else would be nice but can live without. All depends on the price per month used or new really.

#17 ·
Thank you again for all your help. I will see what TRL will
Come back with on a new one and take it from there. I will consider adaptive suspension. However I don't mind a firm ride. A touch of luxury was meant for the interior a nice place to sit and enjoy the car on journeys

#18 ·
I just got my M135i and the main thing i wanted was heated seats. Car also came with HK and i think it is incredible...well worth it IMO. Pro Nav and Adaptive lights are also great. Don't think my car has the Adaptive suspension but i find it good enough...and so do everyone who ridden it as well. Don't forget that tinted windows are easy and cheap to do it after if needed.

#19 ·
Having driven my M140i with adaptive, and my mums's M135i without adaptive, it's not something I would bother paying for. Can't really feel a difference and the standard suspension seems good enough.
I certainly would spec HK and Pro nav - I love the online entertainment option!

#21 ·
Think you have most of the best/sought after options with HK, pro nav, and heated seats .....the rest are just personalisation, shadow edition comes with most & more of the key options as standard so good buy. Although if coming from a biking background i find the speed limit display a massive licence protector :D .....also 360 a month on pcp should be fairly easily attainable for an SE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.