Baby BMW Forum banner

M performance trim

11K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  SamM140 
#1 ·
Fitted new carbon/alacantra trim in motor today, about 10 mins to install and it totally transforms the cabin, purchased it from Cotswolds

#3 ·
Will take some this evening and post them up 👍

#5 ·
You get centre consol trim, 2 dashboard bits one for above glove box, and the other drivers side vent, and 2 door handles, cost was £520. Not sure how to upload pics to forum

#8 ·
baderlfc said:
It is really nice but I think yet again BMW are taking the p*ss with the cost.. It should have been offered as a factory option for a vastly reduced price.

Are you going to get the MP gear shifter and handbrake now to finish the look?
It is defo a bit pricey, but I couldn't stand the original silver carbon looking thing, Royalsteering wheels are retrimming wheel in matching alacantra, will do the gear shifter and handbrake, also looking at swapping out the armrest for the alacantra one, break up the oyster a bit

#9 ·
Looks great, fed up with my piano black always dusty and fingerprints.
Problem is would like the carbon trim, manual gear knob/handbrake/armrest.
Any change from a grand?
Then the wheel on top...
Keep on telling myself can sell on when changing the car...

#10 ·
I suppose it depends on how long you keep motor for, I'm guessing there will always be a second hand market for bits, if you're gonna spend and waste money, you might as well do it on something you get enjoyment out of 😊

#11 ·
MP carbon trim kit, alcantara steering wheel, handbrake, gearknob and armrest I'd estimate not far off £1500.

There will always be a resale market for those bits though, and the M Lites are only going to get more popular as used prices drop further and they become more broadly affordable.

If you keep all the MP stuff in top condition I reckon you'd get over half of your money back in a few years time.

I suppose when you look at it like that it's not so obscene pricewise.

#12 ·
#13 ·
Just noticed the phone mount, does that fit nicely into the cup holder looks like it does, if so can I have the link for it please, thanks.
[/quote]

It's a very good fit phone mount, drops in then you just spin the adjustment wheel, which then tightens itself up, so good I purchased 1 for van as well, you can Spin and angle the phone and it's very solid

Here's the link

#14 ·
baderlfc said:
MP carbon trim kit, alcantara steering wheel, handbrake, gearknob and armrest I'd estimate not far off £1500.

There will always be a resale market for those bits though, and the M Lites are only going to get more popular as used prices drop further and they become more broadly affordable.

If you keep all the MP stuff in top condition I reckon you'd get over half of your money back in a few years time.

I suppose when you look at it like that it's not so obscene pricewise.
With proper steering wheel, probably close to that figure, but I've got Jack at Royal steering wheels doing a matching alacantra retrim for £150 plus £15 fitted, takes price down to about £1200 for the lot, once the trim is out of the way the other bits work about £150 each, still expensive but not so painful, like you said look after it and should get reasonable price back if selling one day

#16 ·
vded said:
@Np01 the door plastics are direct replacement or they stick with tape on top of the stock ones?
You have to remove original items in car then replace with new bits, use a trim removal tool and a torx bit to remove the iDrive controller, about 30 minutes to swap over

#18 ·
👍👍👍

#20 ·
Anyone know if they do trim for the LCI models yet ?

Thanks

Andy :)

#21 ·
racey1979 said:
Anyone know if they do trim for the LCI models yet ?

Thanks

Andy :)
Yes its available for LCI

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Iany said:
[emoji41][emoji41] Oh now that does look good. I've been looking at adding some subtle carbon, was just going to do the selector surround and trim but now...... [emoji848]
Defo a good mod, worth doing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.