Speed limit info

Can't decide on what factory or dealer options to go with?
Not sure what a specific option does?
Post your thoughts in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

WantanM2

Speed limit info

Post by WantanM2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi, I’ve been reading the threads on this and can’t find the answer to the following question...

What happens with speed limit info when you are going past a side road or along another parallel road where you can clearly see the speed limit sign of the other road. Does the speed limit info think this is the speed limit of your road? I.e. is the system accurate and worth adding on?

Thanks

HN1989x
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Speed limit info

Post by HN1989x » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:03 pm

I find it pretty accurate.

RogerF

Post by RogerF » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:58 pm

Yes, me too. I have it displayed in the center all the time, just as a quick reminder, but it does pick up roadworks, motorway speed changes etc quite happily.
'63 plate 125d M Sport

Wilko1

Post by Wilko1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:38 am

think this is one of the best options available, especially when set up with digital mph readout, gives an instant visual check of current road limit next to cars actual speed in one quick glance. Always found it to be incredibly accurate too.

RichS

Post by RichS » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:51 pm

It is great and it gets it right 90+% of the time - I find it very useful for a quick reminder and have it up all the time too. It’s particularly useful in roadworks or with the ever-changing “smart” motorway gantry signs! But yes, it will pick up the wrong sign occasionally.

There’s a bit on my daily commute where a side road branches off at about 45 degrees and the speed limit sign for that road (60 instead of 40 for the main road) is right at the junction. The speed display always changes to 60 when I go past! But it’s rare when it gets things wrong from what I’ve seen so far and it’s usually an example like that, where it’s pretty obvious it’s going to.

Return to “BMW OEM Options & Accessories”